Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Posting here so maybe I'll get some answers.  (Read 14251 times)
Anoriginal

« on: March 02, 2007, 03:26:41 PM »

I've posted these questions in the M&J board but got zero answers so far. So, I will try in this board in the hopes that more will read and answer.

Okay, I'm being sincere here. I honestly and respectfully request that these questions (which have been asked of RRPOA members, directors, and officers, as well as of M&J Lands on numerous occasions) be answered. Not stirring anything up. I just think it is extremely important for proper honest answers to exist to these questions. The reason? Because these are the exact questions the State and it's agencies will ask when the ultimate decision is made on River Ranch and it's future. I for one hope we can all keep River Ranch open and accessible for the future and would hate to see us lose it.

So, here they are:
RRPOA Rules and Questions about the same -

1) You may not build on your property.

Question– Are you kidding me? Let me get this straight, I own the property and I cannot build on it? Well, here's a very simple question.......why not? Who made up this rule and what legal right do they have to: (a) create this rule; and (b) enforce this rule?

2) You may only pick a camp site in the "camp site area" which must be approved by the property owners association.

Question– Who owns the camp site area? Do I get express permission, in recordable format, from the camp site area owners to build a camp on their property? I mean, everyone knows that, if you don't own the property, you cannot legally build on it. So, seeing how I am not a complete idiot I certainly wouldn't want to build on or occupy another person's property without their express permission. I mean after all, they could basically kick me off at any time. Also, who is the property owners association and why do they have to approve my camp site? Are they the owners of the camp site area? If they are, then I guess I better be sure I get written approval from them to put my camp in the "camping area".

3) You may not build permanant structures on your camp site.

Question– You mean like most of the “camps” already there? Why not?

4) Anyone can cross your property who is a member of the River Ranch Property Owners Association.

Question- Why? Do they have an easement recorded in the Polk County public records. Because, after all, absent express written permission from me, a recorded easement is the only way anyone else can lawfully enter my property. What if I don't want anyone else on my property? Can I fence it off? If I do, will my fence get torn down and run over like Dennis Covington's camp and jeep did?

5) Dues of 60 dollars a year are required. (Also, those guest fees really add up to a ton of money.)

Question– For what? What does my $60.00 get me? What happens if I don't pay it? Can I please see a copy of the accounting for the last ten (10) years of the association, inclusive of any monies paid to association officers? Also, while you’re at it, how about the tax returns? After all, under Florida law, as a paying member of the River Ranch Property Owners Association, I’m entitled to these documents.

6) If you wish to have your lot surveyed you do so at your own expense. But you can not build on it, or set up camp on it if it is outside the camp area.

Question– What is the purpose of this rule? Do you think I’d try to make someone else pay for my survey? Again, why can’t I build on my property? If it’s mine........ it’s mine. I mean, you wouldn’t buy a lot in a subdivision unless you could build on it would you? Has anyone looked for or found any law, regulation, code or other authority preventing me from building on my property?  Also, who owns the rest of the property I ride on? Does the River Ranch Property Owners Association have some type of recorded document allowing anyone who is a member of the association to utilize all of the property not belonging to them?

VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 04:02:38 PM »

Anoriginal, You already broke the unwritten rule. 18 views and no posts should tell you something. All I can say is It Is What It Is. Good Luck.   

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 04:06:38 PM »

I obviously don't own in RR, but I have thought about it, and it's rules.

I would say from the outside looking in that if you don't abide by the rules they have set up, that they cannot deny you access to your plot of land once you know exactly where it is, but they do not have to allow you access to the rest of the property or facilities contained therein.

So, by getting your money and getting you to sign the rules, you are agreeing the abide by their rules and everyone is somewhat happy.

Of course on the same note, how is anyone to make sure you stay on your plot of land and don't go riding around?  How would a tresspass warrant be served for that action?

very interesting questions, and I hope this doesn't turn into a batle of the RR and you get your questions answered,,,,because one day I hope to have the money to get a plot in there of my own and would like to know the answers myself.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
indianjoe
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 05:01:00 PM »

Why don't you call Scotty???
Anoriginal

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 05:31:48 PM »

I've talked to Scott. He's as confused as I am.
Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 08:02:42 PM »

I see this as a double edged sword personally.

I wish it was more affordable personally but I understand whay they price it the way they do.....

I was talking to an old cod the other day about RR and his remark was to the affect that it is a Hunt camp and the only people complaining are the recreational riders and that we should be happy they allow us in there to ride durring the off season....

I already had a hunter aim his rifle at me in the ONF durring Hunt season because I stopped to wait for fellow riders to catch up and was sitting where supposedly his dogs were coming through to flush the deer...I dont want to ride anywhere they allow guns......

I have heard about how nice it is out there but I guess I will have to take there word for it do to the price they ask to be a member.....

Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 08:39:14 PM »

Anoriginal, you don't even know what your talking about!!!! The dues are $120/year, lol.
Like VForceDave said, It is what it is. Not legal, Not ethical, but a place to hunt/ride and has been this way for almost 30years in Polk County. When I think about it, it is a really screwed up situation, but I also grew up in Polk County and it has always been there and never really questioned so I just go with it.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 09:17:06 PM »

Matt, I dont understand how they get away with it. I can tell you I have heard some stories about stuff out there, that if it was said to me there would have been some serious problems. I just dont worry about it and keep to myself and its all good.

greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 03:48:02 PM »

Its the blind leading the blind. Kinda like Vegas, What happens at RR stays at RR. I grew up in Polk as well & like he said it has just always been there & every one always knew someone who had "land" out there. I have relatives who surveyed their land in the early 80's & built on it a heck of a camp, but all the vandalism & theft that goes on out there has caused them to stay away for the last 15years. It is the popularity of selling the lots ouside of the local area & on the net that has finally brought heat to this topic. I would bet that your questions wont get answered especially on this forum if at all.
qt314nfla

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 04:04:10 PM »

You might have your family go check it out again.  There is very very little vandalism out there anymore.  Every so often you hear of little stuff missing from a camp but that's so few and far between.  Since they limited the guests out there I personally have seen alot of change in things for the better as far as vandalism.
Anoriginal

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 08:04:32 AM »

Thanks for the responses folks. I think the majority of the folks on this board who go to RR are great people who only want to ride and respect the property they ride upon.

The general consensus seems to be that RR is a scam and that someone's pockets are being lined very well. However, most are willing to pay what is necessary to have access to ride.

You know, someone could make some serious money by purchasing a parcel right on the highway and putting in your own gate. You could go into the property, stake off an area and designate it "the camp area" for people to set up pseudo-temporary camps. Then, you could put in a gate, charge admission and allow people to ride for the day. Say $30.00 per rider for the day. Memberships would cost you more for the year. Property owners who could show a deed would be allowed to set up camp in the designated area provided they paid you fees to be a member. Also, you could allow people to camp just for the weekend for a set price.

You would make a ton of money. Granted, you'd need to make sure the road that you put into the camp area was maintained, but how cheap is that? I mean you can hire someone with a tractor and a blade for a few hundred bucks a few times per month to grade it. Or, with all the money you'd make, you'll have more than enough to buy your own tractor and grade it. Your expenses would be minimal at best. I mean, you are not paying taxes on anything nor will you have any other form of overhead.

Seems like a great idea to me.
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 01:22:41 PM »

The hornets are buzzing, but not stinging. By law it is all a scam, by east polk law it is an "unwritten law" written by RRPOA. These guys are preying on ATV riders not hunters & then bitching that the atv riders are too loud & stirring up the hunt area.
Anoriginal

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 03:05:13 PM »

I'm thinking about the RRATVRA (River Ranch ATV Riders Association).

Hmmmm.  Wink
garym
Supreme Member

four wheeling or fishing, it always takes gas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 03:31:49 PM »

Here is a question for you:

If everyone knew where their 1 1/4 acre property was and then fenced it off, where would you ride???  On your 1 1/4 acre only?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 08:38:36 AM by garym » Logged
Anoriginal

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 04:51:10 PM »

Here is a question for you:

If everyone knew where their 1 1/4 acre property was and then fenced it off, where would you ride???  On you 1 1/4 acre only?

Yes, unless you had written permission to ride on the other property. The reasoning is no different than expecting your neighbor to allow you to build your swimming pool in his back yard. It's not your property so why should you have any right to use it? So, the answer to your question is yes.
garym
Supreme Member

four wheeling or fishing, it always takes gas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2007, 08:42:13 AM »

See...that's why RR has the system in place.  Think of it as a co-op.  Everyone gets to use everyone else's property.  The camp assignment gives you a place to lay your head at night...I can't wait to go again!!
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 09:07:07 AM »

They must subscribe to Bill Clintons school of thought, remember the dont ask dont tell rule for gays in the military. Same thing here. Or Skynyrd's song, "Dont ask me no questions & I wont tell you no lies." I guess it is all good for the ones involved. From my past experience, you might as well give up hope for any answers because it just wont happen here. Some will side with you & more will side with RR. The plot owners are like an oppressed people. The big man(RRPOA) says jump(pay more money) & they jump(pay more money).
Anoriginal

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 05:04:53 PM »

Sure looks that way. I am not one to run through life with blinders so I tend to ask a lot of questions about things. Especially when they're this obvious.
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 07:00:35 PM »

Let me start by saying that I,m not on either side. I don't own at RR and I don't pretend to know the rules there either BUT, it sure seems funny that these questions are being asked and accusations are being made and not one representative from the association has replied to deny or explain anything. I don't know enough about it to make a decision on whos right or wrong but I must admit Anoriginal tips the scales based on their lack of response alone. Just my opinion from outside looking in. Even if all that anoriginal says were true I would still buy at RR if I had the extra money.
Anoriginal

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2007, 08:33:24 AM »

Yeah, it really makes you wonder. I sat online and watched M&J Lands review my post and make no attempt to address the questions. I even e mailed them directly. No response.

The truth is, I know these questions cannot be answered because what's going on is not on the up and up. Nobody can properly answer these questions. However, they should try. Why? Because they are the EXACT same questions the state and feds will ask when the property acqusition fight starts. Oh, and you better believe it's on its way.
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2007, 09:24:14 AM »

Yeah, it really makes you wonder. I sat online and watched M&J Lands review my post and make no attempt to address the questions. I even e mailed them directly. No response.

The truth is, I know these questions cannot be answered because what's going on is not on the up and up. Nobody can properly answer these questions. However, they should try. Why? Because they are the EXACT same questions the state and feds will ask when the property acqusition fight starts. Oh, and you better believe it's on its way.
I pushed all this a year ago & ended up having a pm sent to me from m&j basically telling me to stfu  & I responded back to them but didnt abbreviate the cuss words & I got banned from the site for 3 days. I left it alone after that because the sponsor had more pull than me. I was expressing my opinion on an open forum & they pmd me. I am glad to see a lawyer who sees it my way. i too wont go through life with blinders & cant stand unanswered questions about shady dealings.
Anoriginal

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2007, 10:05:52 AM »

I pushed all this a year ago & ended up having a pm sent to me from m&j basically telling me to stfu  & I responded back to them but didnt abbreviate the cuss words & I got banned from the site for 3 days. I left it alone after that because the sponsor had more pull than me. I was expressing my opinion on an open forum & they pmd me. I am glad to see a lawyer who sees it my way. i too wont go through life with blinders & cant stand unanswered questions about shady dealings.

To me, the saddest part is all the people who just go along with it without asking questions. Notice there still haven't been any attempts to answer?
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2007, 10:27:30 AM »

Everyone dislikes me anyway so here it goes. Grin

1. They openly sell Deeds and Plots here on this Website
2. Obvious Members of the RRPOA ( Committee) are postting among us
3. You are not supposed to Talk about RR here Unless you "PAY" for the Special Thread Section
4. Very Rare a Question gets answered in an Open Forum YET it is OK to Sell the Land Openly

So even though you have Paid to be a RRPOA ..and you know the Committee Members and The Gentlemen Selling the Plots....YOU HAVE NO RIGHT ..to ask Questions...Because the Moral Majority say..."It is what it Is, shut up and ride"

This is not my opinion...these are the facts Gathered from posts in the open forum. , Hopefully this offers Insight to anyone concerned as to why Someone would ask these questions.

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
SomBch

beer....its whats for dinner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2007, 10:28:30 AM »

I think the idea of letting every one find their lot and fence is off  and build on it, is really dumb. At that time you would have to call it a subdivision and hunting would no longer be allowed, if residences where allowed. I dont like the rules either, but I knew them prior to the purchase of my land many years ago. I and many others believe it petty to dwell on this. With all the stress of work, kids and just the daily grind , it makes this seem very "unimportant" to me and many that I know that are owners, we just want to show up and ride. I hope you get answers to your questions , BUT!!  Be careful what you wish for , the more crap thats stirred up just may cause an end to possibly the best riding left from north dade to orange county.

just my .02

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GENIUS AND STUPID IS THAT GENIUS HAS ITS LIMITS.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2007, 10:49:46 AM »

Everyone dislikes me anyway so here it goes. Grin

1. They openly sell Deeds and Plots here on this Website
2. Obvious Members of the RRPOA ( Committee) are postting among us
3. You are not supposed to Talk about RR here Unless you "PAY" for the Special Thread Section
4. Very Rare a Question gets answered in an Open Forum YET it is OK to Sell the Land Openly

So even though you have Paid to be a RRPOA ..and you know the Committee Members and The Gentlemen Selling the Plots....YOU HAVE NO RIGHT ..to ask Questions...Because the Moral Majority say..."It is what it Is, shut up and ride"

This is not my opinion...these are the facts Gathered from posts in the open forum. , Hopefully this offers Insight to anyone concerned as to why Someone would ask these questions.

just a small correction, you do not have to pay to gain access to the above-mentioned section of this site, only prove that you are a landowner by showing a deed.

that's my understanding at least.

I@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com