Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to Legally Ride in Palm Beach County  (Read 108340 times)
bftclub

where's the mud at?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: April 04, 2005, 08:39:05 PM »

yeah it's called the brotherhood code,,they can haul a** down the highway passing by you like you were sitting still with no lights on and its ok..like pines police dept.,i've seen these guys on the turnpike up north way out of there jurisdiction and speeding down the highway like supercops.....or the ones who turn on there blue lights to go thru intersections and then turn them off...i followed a cop once who did that,just to see him pull in his driveway...
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

PBSO Agricultural Crimes Detective

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: April 05, 2005, 06:35:50 PM »

Unfortunately, we have our 10% to........What's worse, is we all pay for their misdeeds.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 06:36:48 PM by PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4 » Logged
bftclub

where's the mud at?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: April 05, 2005, 06:42:58 PM »

so true!!!but if the world was perfect we would be bored..lol
YFZ450AndyH

« Reply #153 on: April 07, 2005, 11:39:41 AM »

CustomRubicon, by saying that we are in the same boat, I mean about our riding area situation (or lack thereof).

Nothing frosts me more than to see a cop driving mach one down the road, only to stop a "speeder" for doing 10 miles over the speed limit.  That is hypocrisy (sp?) at its best.  

Now, to the driving fast without blue lights or using blue lights to clear a traffic light and then turning them off- we sometimes have to respond "silent" to calls.  A burglar will run if he hears sirens, if we respond silent-we have a better chance of catching him.  

As far as the cop that btf saw use blue lights only to go to his house?  Well, if it was his house, and he gets caught doing that, it wont be fun for him.  

Custom, I know you didnt post all of those issues, Im just responding all at once.
Axo

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: April 08, 2005, 08:25:28 AM »

yeah it's called the brotherhood code,,they can haul a** down the highway passing by you like you were sitting still with no lights on and its ok..like pines police dept.,i've seen these guys on the turnpike up north way out of there jurisdiction and speeding down the highway like supercops.....or the ones who turn on there blue lights to go thru intersections and then turn them off...i followed a cop once who did that,just to see him pull in his driveway...

Dude, Get alife!  Roll Eyes  So what if they speed, Geez that's one of the only perks they get. Your lucky you didn't get shot following a cop home. Sound like your just another COP hater.

2003 Raptor 660, Red/Blk, White Bros R4, Jet Kit, Pro Design Pro flow Kit, IMS Pegs,IMS Heel guards,AC Nerfs, AC Front Bumper, 5" rear wheel spacers, 3" front wheel spacers.
MuddyGurl101
Supreme Member

I get more pleasure from 4 strokes than 2!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: April 08, 2005, 09:14:34 AM »

PBSO,
I am working on getting some places for Broward County, but not being a resident of WBP, I am unsure of the area. What can be done and who should we be speaking up to?

2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites
YFZ450AndyH

« Reply #156 on: April 08, 2005, 11:04:46 AM »

Axo, who are you referring to?
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

PBSO Agricultural Crimes Detective

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: April 09, 2005, 12:25:34 AM »

I would start with the County Commissioners/local government officials.
Axo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: April 09, 2005, 09:04:44 AM »

From my quotes "BFTCLUB"

2003 Raptor 660, Red/Blk, White Bros R4, Jet Kit, Pro Design Pro flow Kit, IMS Pegs,IMS Heel guards,AC Nerfs, AC Front Bumper, 5" rear wheel spacers, 3" front wheel spacers.
4xPlay

Official Honda Recovery Unit

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2005, 11:23:47 PM »

Just some FYI for acreage riders,not all the deputies are against riding out here,there was a group of us riding tonight(18 bikes)rode out 60th and made our way to the L-8 and back to near where 60th y's and there while sitting waiting on the rest of our group to catch up a deputy stopped,asked if we lived out there,said he had a complaint,but that he didnt really mind,told us just to respect homeowners etc......and away he went,no warning,didnt tell us to go home,nada,we had coolers on the bikes,never even looked at ONE D/L........he was very cool!

'05 Grizzly,29.5x12x12 outlaws,Gorilla axles,2in. lift,maxxis 8 spoke wheels,lift springs(highlifter),1in widetrac spacers in front,k&n,prefilter,super trapp,dynojet,Power
Now,Warn 2.5,all brushed alum. bash plates(yamaha),custom graphics,self leveling beverage holder.

2001 Road King Clas
yfz450psycho

RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2005, 09:26:05 AM »

yea not all cops are bad about bothering the average person trying to go out and have some fun in the woods we went out last nite rode out from ft pierce from a friends house down the tracks to the dunes when we got back at around 12  one of the guys crossed the road in front of the cop and he pulled in the yard to tell us to just stay out of the road and that was it  Shocked
YFZ450AndyH

« Reply #161 on: April 10, 2005, 07:10:23 PM »

Wow, this thread has really stirred the pot.  
yfz450psycho

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: April 11, 2005, 12:54:07 PM »

stolen we should kind of watch what we call some body when you dont know the person and by the way who is the idiot with the name stolen go figure Lips Sealed
4xPlay

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: April 11, 2005, 02:16:17 PM »

You ought to watch your mouth and what you say. There is a brotherhood here as well.
Keep your secrets to yourself and try not to blab to everybody who can read this site. Idiot.

it's no secret......whats the chances of you meeting this idiot face to face at MS&G this weekend,belive me the acreage is no "secret"

'05 Grizzly,29.5x12x12 outlaws,Gorilla axles,2in. lift,maxxis 8 spoke wheels,lift springs(highlifter),1in widetrac spacers in front,k&n,prefilter,super trapp,dynojet,Power
Now,Warn 2.5,all brushed alum. bash plates(yamaha),custom graphics,self leveling beverage holder.

2001 Road King Clas
MuddyGurl101
Supreme Member

I get more pleasure from 4 strokes than 2!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: April 11, 2005, 02:50:33 PM »

Thank you! I will look into it!  Grin

2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: April 11, 2005, 02:55:58 PM »

ILL BE AT RODMAN 5 LOOK ME UP 4XPLAY!
02YamahaBigBear400

Wheres the mud?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: April 11, 2005, 09:24:41 PM »

hey guys if anyone ever goes on a night ride in PBC i'm up for it. Most of the time i have monday and wednesdays off after 1pm ( i work 2 jobs) so i can ride after 1pm. Sundays i get off every now and then either at 5 or 7pm. So count me in next time if its one of them days. Thanks.

2002 Yamaha BigBear 400 4x4
27x10x12 Vampires (Front)
27x12x12 Vampires (Rear)
Custom Snorkel
Extra Lights w/custom grill
FMF MegaMax 2 exhaust
----------------------------------
1996 Honda 300 4x4
27x10(front) and 27x12(rear) vampires
exhaust
HL clutch Kit
Snorkel
am/fm cd player
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: April 11, 2005, 09:34:26 PM »

So.... um, where were we ?  What happen to the topic ?

mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: April 11, 2005, 10:10:01 PM »

my posts and others are being deleted making it hard to follow. 4play, this topic is about legal places to ride in PBC. There are none.
You know the trouble we have sneaking around and you are not helping by throwing the "cool cops" under the bus.The cops here on this very thread even said to watch what you say about your "spots" and you steer them right to one of my spots.
You then insult a fellow member and refer to him as an idiot.
I then remind you of who might and IS reading and throw your own insult back at you, and ... you want to fight? You ARE an idiot! And if you kicked my a s s all over Florida, you'd still be the same idiot! If you want to fight, fight for your right to ride. Not people in here.
I've met a lot of people from here and have made some good friends. We have fun riding and camping. I would hate to think that you would want anything less.
ps I still hurt from my last fight. See you at MS&G
BRIAN aka STOLEN- thanks to the thieves who stole my quads
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 10:12:10 PM by stolen » Logged

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
rbx123

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: April 12, 2005, 12:55:42 AM »

Natural areas.What a joke! I live in Palm Beach and over the last year I have ridden all over & I mean everywhere! The nature preserves located between Okechobee/441 all the way up to northlake are nothing more than undeveloped swampy land, just like the rest of southern Florida. When we rode this particular area many times (I no longer do it though) we rarely saw any wildlife, I see more in the back yard of my town house! And talk about a waste of money....Somebody has built walkways into the so called nature areas. How many people do you thing will actually go on the walkways to get bitten by mosquitoes and have a posible chance of seeing an egret. Big Deal. I love nature, I'm an avid outdoorsman, but the last thing I want to do is walk down one of these catwalks in the middle on nowhere to see what. Not even a pretty tree or flower, just mud, weeds and bugs. What a Joke!!! This whole matter is assinine. The police are just doing thier jobs and we just trying to have a little fun. Just remember that the Everglades is not big enough to preserve wildlife in southern florida, we need every 1/4 acre to keep the wildlife from perishing... P.S. I remember when I used to drive down A1A at night in palm Beach and see Rabbits, what happened to them, oh I guess that they were not important enough as was the Sea Oats to mandate that there be acres and acres of Nature preserves along A1A. o for the most part they have vanished

One last thing.You ATV's thinkg you have it tough, at least you have the Holylands and some other areas, I ride a motorcycle and there is NO PLACE FOR ME TO RIDE!!! The Cops should help us so they can put thier knowledge and skills to good use protecting the citizens of this county as opposed to chasing us because we left a tire print. What a joke!
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: April 12, 2005, 05:05:10 AM »

What it really comes down to is money. That is all. Nothing else really matters. The palm beach county commissoners receive election money, hundreds of thousands of dollars, from big developement companies in order to push rezoning laws, etc. so that all the land in p.b.c. can be developed. in order to not upset everyone they set aside a small piece of land and call it a nature preserve. This makes the bird watchers happy. The audubon society is a large organized group and they have money to lobby for these matters. We unfortunately are a loosly organized group of people and have no pull with our government. That is my 2 cents. What we need is some kind of organization with a board of directors and have monthly meetings etc and monthly dues.      

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
4xPlay

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: April 12, 2005, 02:01:18 PM »

my posts and others are being deleted making it hard to follow. 4play, this topic is about legal places to ride in PBC. There are none.
You know the trouble we have sneaking around and you are not helping by throwing the "cool cops" under the bus.The cops here on this very thread even said to watch what you say about your "spots" and you steer them right to one of my spots.
You then insult a fellow member and refer to him as an idiot.
I then remind you of who might and IS reading and throw your own insult back at you, and ... you want to fight? You ARE an idiot! And if you kicked my a s s all over Florida, you'd still be the same idiot! If you want to fight, fight for your right to ride. Not people in here.
I've met a lot of people from here and have made some good friends. We have fun riding and camping. I would hate to think that you would want anything less.
ps I still hurt from my last fight. See you at MS&G
BRIAN aka STOLEN- thanks to the thieves who stole my quads

Stolen.....The acreage is not some "secret spot",it's not like a little patch of woods stuck somewhere that i'm directing people too.........I've been riding out here for over 10 years,you think PBSO doesnt know what goes on out here.

And yes your right I did call someone an idiot........Dont remember the story completely,but i know it had something to do with riding in a residential area in jupiter and that the guy that I referred to as an idiot was saying basically to heck with the homeowners who complained and that they were probably old farts......Hello,does that sound like he really thought that comment through completely?

Hey...I'll man up,your right,I should practice what i preach,I shouldn't have called him an idiot without knowing him first,just seemed like that would not be the way to get the respect that we are striving for as ATV riders.  Am I wrong?

Now,I know it's hard to tell from text as to what someones attitude is,but I NEVER said anything about fighting,YOU DID,yes I did ask if you'd like to meet me,but that was so you could meet me in person,then you can call me an idiot if you still think I'am after we have met and talked in person.

2001 Road King Clas
yfz450psycho

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: April 12, 2005, 02:49:49 PM »

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG Grin
rbx123

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: April 12, 2005, 03:44:18 PM »

Maybe we should get 50-100 of us and do what they did in the 60's & 70's. Let have a "sit in" in the woods. A hard to get to illegal location, the we will let pbso now where we are.

Then when they arrive. 2 or 3 of them in the middle of nowhere they will find us all chained together to our machines. Sort of like a good old fashioned sit in...

How would they arrest all of us, seperate us from each other and our machines and then arrest all of us and inpound all of our machines.  It would take unbeleveable resources for PBSO and FWC to actually do such a thing. If they did, it would be an unbelievable waste of money for the county tax payers.

It would get our story told Nation Wide if this actually happened...............Could you inmagine the Nightly News.......

86 people and they vehicles were arrested and impounded in southern Florida Protesting the lack of areas to ride...

Maybe unrealistic......but it sure would be fun.......LOL

What whould they do?? Airlift the ATV's out of the swamp 1 by 1, Handcuff two of us and put us on the back rack of PBSO's atv's and then take us miles thru the woods to a waiting paddy wagon.

This is a bunch of POO!!! All Florida cares about is the retires.
The origional Floridians or non senior citizens do not generate enough revenue for Florida to make our opinions count! We are just here to serve the eldery and their needs!! Grin
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: April 12, 2005, 04:12:15 PM »

4xplay YOU CALLED ME AN IDIOT AND I NEVER SAID ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT OTHER RIDERS ,STOLEN AND OTHERS LIKE ME ARE TIRED OF ALL THE BIKES GETTING RIPPED OFF AND WHEN YOU CALL THE POLICE ALL YOU DO IS GET A SONG AND DANCE.ILL PROTECT MY OWN . BETTER TRIED BY 12 THEN CARRIED BY 6.AND YOU CAN SEE ME AT ANY TIME!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com