Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to Legally Ride in Palm Beach County  (Read 108419 times)
Anoriginal

« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2005, 05:10:01 AM »

"I was wondering where you were"  ~ Asphaltdragon

I'm here. Just no longer wasting my time. I'm enjoying reading these types of threads. It's fun.

peace!
yfz450psycho

RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2005, 02:41:11 PM »

deputy #4 thanksfor all your info and by the way stay safe in in IRAQ and return home safe GOOD LUCK
shotoftequila

Blow Off Steam! Ride Fun!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2005, 07:02:41 AM »

FWC-LT, Do you know of anyone in Indian River Co. that I could talk to about the WMA around here? We really have to travel to find a place to ride. We have at least an hour drive just to go for an afternoon ride. There are a lot of us up this way that are very frustrated. We have tons of open land but no place to go. Thanks for listing the areas you did. Big Help!
customrubicon
Supreme Member

It's Time To ride, B4 The Mud Gets Dry !!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2005, 09:34:05 AM »

"I was wondering where you were"  ~ Asphaltdragon

I'm here. Just no longer wasting my time. I'm enjoying reading these types of threads. It's fun.

peace!

Your last post was not negative and you said "fun" in this one. I think you are almost ready to ride. I know you are correct in alot of what you say. You have made good points. We want you to stay around but lets ride also. I will PM you next time I ride.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 06:37:42 PM by customrubicon » Logged

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino
Anoriginal

« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2005, 10:59:21 AM »

Thanks for the message Customrubicon. I appreciate it. It is nice to see law enforcement taking an active part in this board. I think we can all agree they have a tough job to do at times and it's nice to see they really care.

The solution to our riding area woes begins and ends with ourselves. This site can be an awesome tool in developing ideas and discussions that will benefit all of us.

Don't forget to PM me. Love to ride with all of you sometime.
FWC-LT

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2005, 05:40:58 PM »

Indian River County is managed out of our North East Regional Office in Ocala, you can call them at 352-732-1225.

You can also visit this web site:  

http://wildflorida.org/hunting/

Look for the link to the WMA Regulations for the Northeast Region.  You can view the different areas regulations on line then if you have specific questions you can call the Regional Office for clarification.

Good Luck
J.D.
Supreme Member

I can see the concrete slowly creepin .

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2005, 05:47:07 PM »

FWC I appreciate what you did earlier in the topic . You can really feel yoour concern in your posts ...and your frustration .I hope that our lawmen are really lawmen . Just limit the numers of vehicles allowed , sounds like a biologist we need to collectively can . Rules change to fit demands !

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
YFZ450AndyH

« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2005, 06:39:45 PM »

Its is good to see that FWC and PBSO are visiting the site, and offering input.  Again, as a deputy, myself and many others own ATV's and ride.  We are in the same boat as far as limited riding areas.  These contacts between the riders and the FWC, and local law enforcement can only help in the long run.  
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2005, 07:13:49 PM »

[smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
shotoftequila

Blow Off Steam! Ride Fun!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2005, 07:22:50 PM »

FWC,  Thanks for the info. Smiley Web site is a lot of help. May be a long ride to get someplace but now we know there are a couple out there we won't drive hrs. to just to be run off. You and SO4 have really been helpful. Really appriciate it! Please hang in there thru the bashers! We need your input. [smiley=Clap.gif]
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

PBSO Agricultural Crimes Detective

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2005, 07:30:03 AM »

Thanks for the positive replies!! We're not to worried about bashers Shotoftequila, we just throw on a helmet and ride through it. FWC-LT and I met up and discussed the issues. Just remember, FWC-LT and I are more at the enforcement level and we rely on all of you to voice your opinions to your local government officials about limited riding areas. Only by doing that, and reducing the amount of "black eyes" the sport is getting, will you see positive results.

bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2005, 06:32:33 AM »

gee i wonder if they ,lawofficers, used the full resources that they use to catch a family rideing atvs.on the case of that little angel who was raped ,murdered   maybe she would still be here?HuhHuh

didnt verify that a sex offender address, was there chopper up and out to look for her??? probably not to busy chasing those damn atvers... Embarrassed
polaris4chasing

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2005, 06:51:08 AM »

From what I've read in the papers, that !!@*% broke the law requiring him to re-register when he moved there. I saw on the news cops and volunteers on quads trying to find her. Seems it's easier to point a finger than pick up a shovel....Rather than criticize the police, lets stay focused on the problem of having nowhere to ride and why. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 06:52:34 AM by polaris4chasing » Logged
bluesman
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2005, 07:43:13 AM »

THE POLICE ARE SUPOSE TO VERIFY AND KEEP TRACK OF THEM!!!! THEY DROPED THE BALL TO BUSY CHASING THE ATVERS!!!!!! WHAT A WASTE Cry
YFZ450AndyH

« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2005, 09:25:41 AM »

Jeez, I can only imagine what a meeting of our minds would be like to establish our cause.  I bet that we would start out on the right foot, and in a matter of minutes a few would go off on a tangent about how bad cops are.  Funny how those people are the first to call when they have a problem.  Polaris is right, they are their own worst enemy.  
bluesman
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2005, 10:55:24 AM »

not me ,i dont dial 911   rob me ill shoot back Cool
Anoriginal

« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2005, 12:16:35 PM »

la la la la la la
Huh
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2005, 04:39:09 PM »

I live in St Lucie and we had a canal right of way that you could sneek in and ride , not any more ! I would like to say thank you to whomever installed this blockade . My 3 year old daughter an myself had a great time riding on the roadways instead of the canal bank . And to whoever is busting out the fence down the side of Rosser , I dont agree but I understand . I have never been arrested for anything in my 33 years but now I am a Lawbreaker " Thanks " I will continue to be one until our state and counties do somethin to protect our rights . I will be the one in the orange jumpsuit riding a brand new Arctic Cat 500 down the roadway . Oh yeah ... I forgot to tell everyone I finally got me a Big Ole Ute .See you in the mud sometime soon .

PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2005, 10:49:50 PM »

I may be able to shed some light on the canal bank blockade. Along with Natural Areas, our unit patrols the canal banks of the SFWMD and the Southern Indian River Water Control District in PB county. The reasons we keep people off the canal banks are because of the lack of guardrails to keep vehicles from crashing into the canal, and washouts. In short, they don't want injuries or liability. These canal banks are posted " No Trespassing by motorized vehicles." JD, you may want to check on whether your canal bank is posted and who owns it. In most cases, a gate is installed to allow access for maintenance/utility crews. We've already had several ATVs crash into non-patrolled canals here, one in which the rider was seriously injured and had to be flown out. Most times, I find myself in a no win situation. We're either criticized by riders for doing to much enforcement, or chastized by the public/press for not doing enough enforcement when someone is hurt........
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 10:59:18 PM by PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4 » Logged
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2005, 11:40:16 PM »

As for bluesman's replies, I would like to thank polaris and AndyH for responding. While everyone has a right to voice their opinion, I feel it was in very poor taste to capitolize on such a tragic event.
customrubicon
Supreme Member

It's Time To ride, B4 The Mud Gets Dry !!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2005, 07:30:36 PM »

Let's Ride !!! I was going to ride today at holeylands. The area that is open. I was not able to because the storage place that I keep my bikes at was closed. What a bummer !! I took my family to John Prince Park and we had a blast. I am ready to ride.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino
DaKota

Git R' Done

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2005, 08:52:48 PM »

Im ready to ride this week. Work pissed me off today and yesterday so I believe im geting sick this week.  Grin
gofastmatt2

Just 4 fun

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2005, 07:37:49 AM »

PBSO What I don't understand about the canal banks are they are owned by the property owners, they are easements that the county has the right to access for maintenance of the canals. As a homeowner I can fence it in as long as I leave access for the county. So what gives the county any right to charge anyone with trespassing. How do you know that person does not have permission from that homeowner. I'm sure my neighbors wouldn't want me to be in trouble for riding down the canal bank. What if I were fishing, I could fall in just as quick. The county's not liable they don't own the the property just allowed to use it. I still think the county has better things to do with our tax money. I understand you are just doing your job, but it still stinks!!!!!!
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2005, 10:34:08 AM »

gofastmatt2 I do believe there is a right-of-way on all canal banks?  I live on the Earman River and Yes I have a fence down to the water and a dock, and I do not have to have a gate for access, but when we had all of that rain back in 98? my yard collapsed, giant sink hole along the river.  The were 7 homeowners on the river trying to figure who owned the land?  Who was going to PAY to fix the holes?  We had Channel 12 out there and SFWMD Big shots asking them?  Finally SFWMD sucked it up and fixed our yards.  These holes were huge and SFWM did not want the expense but they admitted it is there responsibility, kids were playing, jumping a big hazard.  PBC has nothing to do with the canals.

J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2005, 05:36:45 PM »

We should be able to use some of the canal banks that are in less populated "for now " areas , along with powerline trails , some fire roads . It seems that a little fresher way of looking at these areas for OHV use on a simple designated trail could really help !

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com