Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to Legally Ride in Palm Beach County  (Read 108331 times)
Gamer

Yamaha 350cc Wolverine 4*4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2005, 11:47:37 AM »

As far as allowing ATV's in Corbett WMA in Northern Palm Beach County.  This WMA has a rule that no vehciles with a smaller wheel base than 60 inches is allowed in the area.

So bigger vehicles like Buggies are allowed in Corbett WMA?  How do we petition to get a rule like that changed to allow smaller vehicles?
Deadmullet

Reality Is An Illusion Caused By Lack Of Alcohol

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2005, 12:13:02 PM »

That is what i am still confused about also. Maybe FWC could chime in again and clear that up because in my world driving a HUGE swamp buggy with 60" tires is going to do a lot more harm than the atv's ever will. Riding buggies in corbitt has  been going on long before today's atv's have been around.  I personally have been going out there for 25+ years in 4 wheel drive trucks and buggies so maybe they wont let atv's out there because the rules have just never been updated in the  past 30 years?

05' Foreman 500 S
26" ITP type 5/ 589's
K&n air filter,HMF utility,Dynojet kit,leakshield
Stik Guards,Front bash plate
Snorkit Snorkel
Ram"beverage"holder
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2005, 12:23:45 PM »

Your right tvman, we'll see what we can work out. Until then, try to understand, FWC-LT and I are more at the enforcement level of the "food chain" and getting those higher up involved sometimes takes some manuvering. Getting my poncho out, hint hint......

Let us know what we can do to HELP with that manuvering [smiley=Tongue.gif]

You might need a little more than just a Poncho....The radar looks BAD!
Have a Grand O'l Day   [smiley=Wink.gif]

kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2005, 12:39:34 PM »

So bigger vehicles like Buggies are allowed in Corbett WMA?  How do we petition to get a rule like that changed to allow smaller vehicles?

Yes it blows my mind what they allow there  Shocked You can ride there if you have a 60' wheel base ATV.

They could have a designated area just for ATV's ONLY! where it would be Environmentally OK and we would not have to deal with the Tree Huggers  Tongue

FWC-LT

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2005, 03:12:46 PM »

Well, I spoke to the Regional Biologist today about the rule limiting ATV's in Corbett WMA.  The response that I got was that Corbett gets a large amount of vehicle pressure with the current rules allowing buggies and other off road vehciles.  Currently there are no plans to address the vehicle rule but if they do address vehcile issues it will be in an attempt to limit the number of vehciles in the area.

If you want to start petioning people to open more ATV places I would start with the Off Road Vehicle Advisory Commitee.  Their names are on the web site that I posted last night.  Most of them are State Employees, if you follow this link:

http://411.myflorida.com/411/www_tel.public_employee.employee_search

It takes you to a search engine for every state employee in the system.  Most of the entries contain email address along with office phone numbers.

If you want more info on Corbett feel free to contact the Regional Office at 561-625-5122 and speak to one of the biologist that covers the area.  They are the ones that create most of the rules for the WMA's and they would be the ones to talk to.

customrubicon
Supreme Member

It's Time To ride, B4 The Mud Gets Dry !!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2005, 04:30:58 PM »

We will have to build these. I knew the guy who built this. His name is Carlos and it is a four wheeler and a suzuki samuria combination. It is really cool. He is known to go to M,S&G and goes to corbett with this. I had to put a helmet on him so I could post the pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino
Thrasher
Supreme Member

i have a headache...

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2005, 04:39:18 PM »

i've seen that thing, i've wondered what the hell it was.

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can Cheesy

Out to pis
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2005, 06:52:10 AM »

I ride with Carlos, He builds some incredible machines  Grin  Great Guy  Wink

YFZ450AndyH

« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2005, 12:13:07 PM »

I have been reading this site for over a year, and I just recently got 2 ATV's, one for me and one for my wife.  I have been riding on and off since 1984.  This is my very first post on here.  I am also a Deputy Sheriff, although not for Palm Beach County.  I have been reading this thread with great interest.  My county (Seminole) has lots of issues with illegal riding.  However, I choose to deal with more serious problems, such as speeders, red light runners and people driving with suspended licenses when it comes to traffic related complaints.  Ask anyone in your neighborhood what their #1 complaint is, and they will tell you it is people speeding down their street.  I have taken the stance that if a person complains about a dirtbike, ATV, airboat, etc- that a warning is enough.  I have not yet had to warn the same person twice.  Until there are enough legal riding areas, I choose not to make arrests or issue citations (and am able to do so by the use of officer discretion), unless there are extremely extenuating circumstances.  Count me in on the side of the ATV riders.
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2005, 12:19:47 PM »

[smiley=ThumbsUp.gif] Welcome to the Site Andy  Wink

Anoriginal

« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2005, 12:33:47 PM »

Great thread.

That's all I have to say.  Grin
Deadmullet

Reality Is An Illusion Caused By Lack Of Alcohol

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2005, 01:21:08 PM »

bmp Grin

05' Foreman 500 S
26" ITP type 5/ 589's
K&n air filter,HMF utility,Dynojet kit,leakshield
Stik Guards,Front bash plate
Snorkit Snorkel
Ram"beverage"holder
J.D.
Supreme Member

I can see the concrete slowly creepin .

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2005, 01:22:56 PM »

Andy I hope some of tax dollars go to  you I think you have a good grip on the big picture ! Instead of " Hay let's chase that kid until he hurts himself then we can have his quad " Damn hoodlums !

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2005, 01:30:48 PM »

I went to a ladies house today to pick up a quad that needs some attention . When I walked through her horse barn there was a big YELLOW sign on the wall that said ." Under Florida law any owner of land where an equestrian event is being held,Will not be held liable for any damages or death of participants . WTF.... Why cant good ole florida do this for us ? I guess we dont have enough cash or connections . Pi$$es me off bad!

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
Asphaltdragon
Supreme Member

Florida Atv Rally Sponsor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2005, 01:32:23 PM »

Great thread.

That's all I have to say.  Grin

I was wondering where you were Wink
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 08:20:18 PM by Asphaltdragon » Logged

Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2005, 05:02:10 PM »

I hope this whole topic isn't a waste ! Wink

Thrasher
Supreme Member

i have a headache...

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2005, 05:10:08 PM »

bmp Grin

oh no..not one of these guys..

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can Cheesy

Out to pis
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

PBSO Agricultural Crimes Detective

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2005, 11:17:46 PM »

Thanks gofast, I got wet anyway. At least it wasn't from paperwork this time. As for the traffic enforcement YFZ450Andyh mentioned, Our unit issues written warnings to first time offenders for riding on public roadways. We believe in education and compliance. In the last 65 days, our unit stopped 30 ATVs/Dirtbikes/golfcarts and issued warnings. Of these, only 2 of those were stopped a 2nd time and issued citations. When the citation is fowarded to the clerks office, the pink copy of the warning is attached to show the judge a warning was issued and when. ATV enforcement has been stepped up in this area, due the the number of citizen complaints and vehicle verses ATV injury crashes. In rural areas where traffic isn't heavy, an officer/deputy has more descretion on how much enforcement is done. Unfortunately, our area has become very congested with vehicular traffic and requires more enforcement. FWC-LT put out some good info as to who needs to be contacted. Lets hope this does some good.
yfz450psycho

RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2005, 06:58:46 AM »

fun comes in all types, may it be boating,fishing,riding a waverunner,horse riding,bmx biking,camping/parks,airboat riding,street bike riding, car racing,all these types of fun have the land/places to do there hobbie but our hobbie is not  easy to do unless we travel to croom or ocala national forest some of us dont have the time or money to travel to those places to enjoy the nature of riding on gods green earth that in the united states its suppose to be free but the way i see the comon hard working middle class person dont have the money to own there own land to ride like the rich would hell its hard just to get the atvs for the family to enjoy a good day in the woods looking at the nature but every body thinks we are criminals for wanting to enjoy the nature but we cant afford nature this way we would have to go to a nature trail and walk around what fun is that
        JUST THINK WE COULD BE DOING A HELL OF A LOT MORE THINGS WRONG (YOU KNOW WHAT THOSE OTHER THINGS ARE) THAN WANTING TO TAKE THE FAMILY OUT FOR A NICE WOODS RIDE
         sorry the post is so long i hope you understand my points WE ARE NOT CRIMINALS
Asphaltdragon
Supreme Member

Florida Atv Rally Sponsor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2005, 08:33:09 AM »

For as LARGE as Florida is you'd think there would be more options for riding :-/

Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja
YFZ450AndyH

« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2005, 11:43:26 AM »

J.D.- Thanks for the kind words.  I treat people the way I exptect to be treated, and it has never done me wrong.  Coincidentally, on my way to work yesterday, I heard another deputy on the radio saying that he just had two 4 wheelers flee from him.  Thats what will give most law enforcement officers a negative view of ATV's.  
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2005, 09:27:48 PM »

yfz450psycho, Those of us who do the enforcement know 90% of ATV/Dirtbike riders are family oriented, law abiding citizens trying to find legal places to ride and enjoy the sport safely. It's the other 10% which are the bad apples giving the sport a black eye.  You can find this 10% riding on public roadways, private property of which they do not have permission to be on and protected natural areas. They are the ones fleeing police, cutting fences and tearing down "no trespassing" signs that property owners have posted. Many property owners do not want the liability of a rider being injured on their property and face a lawsuit. Because of this, the property owners contact us and request their property be patrolled.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 09:57:00 PM by PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4 » Logged
yfz450psycho

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2005, 09:38:42 AM »

thank you officer for your input i have already wrote to the proper authorities on trying to get a place closer than the croom riding areas and the ocala areas thank you for your input on this site we could use the help in getting the right facts so we can get a riding place and the input from all the law officers to make it safe and run smoothly thank again
yfz450psycho

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2005, 09:46:36 AM »

by the way officer i might have met you out at corbit area a couple of years ago my brother inlaw had his bach. party out there when we camped out and had our jeeps a couple of officers came on our camp site and talked to us friendly about the proper ways to have fun with out doing the wrong things such as where we could drive without running over natual areas it was all fine no probems then they told us that we were crazy for having a bach party in the woods than having it at a strip bar we said we rather spend our time away from trouble was that one of you that day thanks, yfz
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2005, 08:09:21 PM »

yfz450psycho, It was probably one of my partners, as I was in Iraq most of 2003. I have Afghanistan to look forward to later this year......Anyway, thanks for your responses. I hope the info FWC-LT and I have provided will help the sport in some way. Also, we've just started posting green "Sheriff" signs next to the "Natural Area" signs at some of our patrol areas. We hope these signs will alert riders that they are about to enter a Natural Area that is patrolled daily at varied times. So PLEASE!!, if you see one of the green signs, GET OUT OF THERE QUICK!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com