Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Board members of Florida ATV Association  (Read 3129 times)
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 28, 2007, 10:29:42 PM »

Hi, the membership of the new association is growing rapidly.

We released the web site four days ago and so far we have had 116 households, representing 336 riders join us.

I founded this association, with the intent of carrying forward the momentum that Shawn, aka Dreth, has started with the upcoming Rally.

This association can do great things if we all join, I was lucky enough to appoint a very influential board of directors.  We all share a common goal that is to both save the riding areas we have and open up new ones.

Florida is a very ATV unfriendly state; we are very unpopular with non-riding individuals. Perhaps working together we can help change that.

This association has been set up with the sole intention of helping our sport. None of the board, me included is looking for a job, we are all gainfully employed and we are genuinely just trying to further our cause.

The board will be officially appointed at the May 19th rally, so if you think you would like to sit on the board and help, please let me know before then. Until then, we have set an interim board, which is going to form the core of our organization:

President: Myself, I ride both sport and utility quads. I am personally known to (and have ridden with) many of you. I own a successful e-commerce web site and an ATV related web site that is merely for fun (FloridaATV.com).

Vice President: Rick Valera (lswjth2). Everybody on this site probably knows of Rick, he has been working almost single handedly at pressing government agencies to open up and preserve our riding spots.

Treasurer: Shawn Webb (better know to all as Dreth) is going to be controlling the finances. As the organizer of the ATV rally this year, Shawn has “jump started” us. Let’s keep it rolling.

Board Members:

Brian McMahon:  When South Blocks in Collier County was closed, he organized a rally which approx. 1000 people showed up to and although in the end they lost, they kept it open for a year and a half.  He also was one of the original committee members on Forestry’s OHV Advisory committee.

MrBones: As owner of the largest ATV related web site in the state (ATVFlorida.com), Brady is a very respected and influential figure in our sport.

Thrumud: Like Rick above, Dennis has been very vocal in the fight to retain and open ATV facilities in Southern Florida and is well known to most of the people here.

IndianJoe: Mike pushed for 2 years to get an ATV Park opened in Saint Lucie County with support of 2 commissioners, 2 dealers and a lot of other folks. They were able to get it to the feasibility study level. He has been a member of the St Lucie County sheriffs Office for almost 27 years. Mike is also a tread lightly trainer and he sits on the board at River Ranch.

BMD11: Keith a long time ATV enthusiast is a parts manager for a major Honda dealer and is currently organizing a fund raiser to help victims of the recent Central Florida tornados.

GatorJohn: John has been riding ATV's for about a year now but was a motorcycle rider (dirt and street) before that. He is currently working for a large company as Project Manager.  He spent 10 years in the Navy. John, his wife and his son all enjoy riding.

Eworm: Eric was born and raised in Miami and is very involved in helping to open riding areas down there. Eric plans to be a speaker at the upcoming Rally.

I hope you agree that we have assembled a group of people that CAN make a difference. We shall certainly work towards helping all of Florida’s off road community.

There are a couple of others who have been invited but have not answered yet, so we may be strengthening the board even further in the coming weeks. If you want to join us on the board or even if you don’t wish to commit to a board position but would like to help in other ways, please just fill out the contact us form on our web site.

Please everybody, take a few minutes to join, it’s free, easy and we all know there is strength in numbers.

Thanks for you time.

Paul
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 07:52:31 AM »

By the way, the address for the web site for the association is: www.floridaatvassociation.com
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 09:19:48 AM »

I honestly don't think I could have picked a better set of guys. I have met most of them and can say they are truly interested in helping our sport. The association has my support 100%.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
backinsaddle

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 09:59:45 AM »

I honestly don't think I could have picked a better set of guys. The association has my support 100%.

Clapper Clapper Clapper

me too, great job on selecting
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 07:26:20 AM »

Good news,  MiamiGirlRider from ATVmiaxtreme and Honda 328i from this forum are joining the association board. This association is getting bigger daily, hopefully we can help make a difference.

If you ride a quad in Florida and have not joined yet, I invite you to follow this link and become involved. It's free and as you know, the more riders we represent, the stronger we become:

http://floridaatvassociation.com/index.php?option=com_performs&formid=1&Itemid=30
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 08:30:19 AM »

Today, we welcome 2 new board members to the association.

First is Scott, a director of the Northport Off Road Association, who are fighting for our rights on the Gulf Coast.

We would also like to welcome Terry to the board, he is the founder and president of the Ocala National Forest Association.

Thanks for your participation guys. The association keeps getting stronger by the day.
Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 10:10:08 PM »

Thank you Paul for getting this all rolling  Clapper  It's like pulling out an old dusty bike and revving it up on an MX track again after months of sitting.   We have needed this for years and I really feel like this time it will make a big difference, best thing is is that we all know what we want, we are just coming together this time to make it happen.  --H3i

Chuck_Norris

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 09:52:02 AM »

I honestly don't think I could have picked a better set of guys. I have met most of them and can say they are truly interested in helping our sport. The association has my support 100%.

I SECOND THAT Clapper Thumbs Up
MedicMudder
Supreme Member

USMC...OOOO RHAA !!!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 10:28:07 AM »

Hi guys,sounds like a great group of folks,I joined also,cant do much
else right now, I am studing for a Lieutentants test at work. I am spending
most of my time studing Sad YUCK !,how ever when this is over (next month)
I can try to do more to help out.

Never forget 343.
2004 500 SPM
 My son is a United States  Marine. SmileySmiley Semper Fidelis.
 Proud member of the Mudd Butt Mafia
    VAMPIRES SUCK BLOOD TO LIVE, POLITICIANS DO IT CUZ THE ENJOY IT!!!!!!
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 04:52:44 PM »

Can I be KegMeister???.... Grin

Good Work Gents!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 04:54:38 PM by Joedirt » Logged

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4