Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Durhamtown or BroadRiver  (Read 6846 times)
blaster30

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 28, 2007, 02:12:23 PM »

We are planning to make a trip to GA.  Which place do you perfer?

Thanks!
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 08:15:00 PM »

Broad River's a little farther north, so I've never been there. And, after visiting DP(7x so far), there's been no need to go anywhere else for me.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
randyz

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 10:05:01 PM »

Do them both!  Spend a day at each.  They are only about a half hour or so away from each other.

If you are going with kids I would choose Broadriver.  I think the adults would like DP better. Broadriver is a little "slower paced" and kid friendly but they are both great.
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 01:06:52 PM »

[i]Durhamtown NO DOUBT!! of course; I'm biased because I've never been to Broadriver, been to Durhamtown 5 times . I do want to go to braodriver eventually, but like "AintSkeered" said right now theres no need to go elsewhere, Not sure what "randyz" means by more kid frieldly, weve been there with kids everytime 8 yr olds to 16yr olds. we always set our own pace nobody pushing us or anything like that  Dunno , now Durhamtown now even has a bicycle track, skateboard area & always had the kids MX track. Durhamtowns a blast and I would highly recomend going there!!!  Thumbs Up

[/font] [/i]
randyz

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 07:34:59 PM »

Dont get my wrong, Durhamtown is a great place, they both are.
Here is my experiences at both places.  Durhamtown was packed.  There were numerous times that we were passed by motorcycles flying by us on the tighter trails.  Several times we had traffic come up behind us revving their motors to try and get past us.  Both of these circumstances made my 10 year old son nervous.  The two times we have been to Broadriver there has not been a lot of people there.  My son loves to ride the main trail which is probably 4-5 atvs wide and I think 12 miles long so its no problem for people to pass.  Even venturing off the main trail is no problem because there is very little traffic.
We drive 400 miles to get there and will still hit both parks.  I think we will do Broadriver on a Saturday and DP on Sunday.  Hopefully DP will be a little less packed on a Sunday.
otto

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 12:06:55 AM »

We visited both Durhamtown and Broad River over the Christmas holidays. We loved them both. DP is a sport rider's paradise.  It is well established and there's lots to do.  I'd say BR is more utility oriented (definitely more mud), although they did have a sweet, quad friendly MX track that was over 3 miles long.  BR is also less hilly than DP.  Also, be aware that BR is off a very long, narrow dirt road.  I recommend visiting both places...you won't be disappointed.

05 King Quad
05 YFZ 450
RR Member
blaster30

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 04:41:52 PM »

Thanks for the info..  We are planning to go the end of this month..
USFfishing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 10:32:20 AM »

is there a website for either of these places where I can learn more?>

07 Grizzly 700 red (ITP Holeshots/ITP type 7)
07 Grizzly 350 blue
2004 Ford F150 FX4
2006 Mercedes C230
1995 Winnebago Brave 31Q
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 11:12:10 AM »

www.durhamtown.com www.broadriveratv.com

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
USFfishing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 12:05:19 PM »

thanks!!

07 Grizzly 700 red (ITP Holeshots/ITP type 7)
07 Grizzly 350 blue
2004 Ford F150 FX4
2006 Mercedes C230
1995 Winnebago Brave 31Q
runfox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 06:07:32 PM »

Hey all, Im new to all this , just got my Kawie BF750, I have never been to either of these places, Duranthamtown or Broadriver, but they both sound fun. But it is hard to tell much about the trails from the websites. DP sounds like it has everything, I so wish we had somthing like that in Florida. Looks like Georgia folks are really into thier quads, and having fun. But since some of you have been to both which one would be good for ute trail riding? I havnt tried the muddin yet, though I have heard its fun. I would love to start out on some trails. Shoot with thes AC in the cabins and all I might even get my wife to come.

My the Force be with you, the BRUTE FORCE that is!!
RedPred05

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 07:15:08 PM »

If it were me I would plan a trip to Durhamtown first.  Ive been 4x times in 2 years and I absolutely love it.  One standout thing about DP for me was the shop.  I broke my foot pegs off after my first hour of riding and had to get the bolts drilled out and replaced.  They did all of that on both sides for $30. Not only is that a bargain but it saved my trip.  Like I said before if it were me I would choose DP and maybe go to broad river next year or someother time. Also, check out Carolina Adventure World on the web, ATV action magazine states its the "atv park of the future". Ive never been there or know anyone who has, but it looks nice and has excellent reviews.
RedPred05

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007, 07:17:33 PM »

O and another thing, for you ute riders DP has miles of 4x4 atv only trails that are really fun. Also all trails are one way and EMS crews are on site at all times, very safe.
Wolfe

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 04:25:55 PM »

Durhamtown is great, been there 3 times.  DP's cabins are okay, but the rv rentals are terrible.  Never been to Broad River, but now will check the website and look into.  We have been to Carolina Adventure World (on the grand opening day).  CAW is very nice, it was just packed because of the grand opening.  We plan to go back soon, probably less crowded on a regular weekend.
dirtycruiser

Life is one long weekend!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 09:46:18 PM »

I was up at Broad River ATV park last Sunday on my return trip to Florida from a road trip to GA hunting for real Estate. The place was fantastic, great, oneway trails. I spent some time talking with the owners at the end of my riding. Tina and Jeff are great people and care a poop load about their park and making improvments as they have more time. There was a motocross race going on there so half of the trails were closed off to "day riders". I still spent about 4 hours in the woods blasting around on my outty 800 . There was only about 12 others on the trails that I saw that day. Maybe the locals knew about the race going on and decide to stay away due to that. The facilities were spotless, new looking. It's a first class operation. Cabins, food and showers for you and your ATV's. Great mud pits, when there's water/rain. I've got pics, as soon as I upload them I'll post a link here. The CAN-AM trackter trailer pulled in as I was getting ready to leave. I almost stayed another day. I'll be going back, you should also! There's a motocross track there also for bikes and sport quads. I snuck on since there wasn't a sole out there when I found it. More later.....

2009 Renegade 800r X
2007 Outlander 800 Max LTD
27" Mudlite XTR's on ITP 14" SS212, SS106 rims
Precision Racing Steering Stabilizer
Dobeck Gen 3 electronics
BRP HD front springs
Warn XT 30 winch
HMF Exhaust pipe
Dalton Pro Clutch
Ricochet Skids
K & N filter
Insurance
dirtycruiser

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 11:23:54 PM »

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AaMWbVm4bNGmf

link above to pic's at shutterfly of Broad River.

2009 Renegade 800r X
Dobeck Gen 3 electronics
BRP HD front springs
Warn XT 30 winch
HMF Exhaust pipe
Dalton Pro Clutch
Ricochet Skids
K & N filter
Insurance
dirtycruiser

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 11:26:14 PM »

Cry    JUST ADD WATER!!!!     Cry

2009 Renegade 800r X
Dobeck Gen 3 electronics
BRP HD front springs
Warn XT 30 winch
HMF Exhaust pipe
Dalton Pro Clutch
Ricochet Skids
K & N filter
Insurance
Quadracer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2007, 09:31:29 PM »

durhamtown no question!

#0 06 YFZ 450 50th Ann
05 Ford F-150 FX4 Crew Cab
Flowmaster Exhaust
K&N Full Out
www.myspace.com/atvrider65
qt314nfla

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2007, 09:34:45 PM »

I haven't made it to Dtown yet.  i did ride broad river a couple years ago.  cabin's are awesome!  owners are great!  all kinds of different riding.  i think my favorite was the jumps they had through out the loop system to get to the one way trails.  wish we'd have got pics.  i was on a buddies sport quad but even the utes were getting 6 feet of air off these things.  they also had an inner tube float down the river that picks up and drops off from their property.  had a blast and would certainly go back.  i'll look forward to trying d-town some time in the next year.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 09:37:04 PM by QT314 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com