Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new york, jersey, ct, pa, and maine  (Read 4817 times)
Njoutlaw88

« on: April 19, 2005, 10:53:27 AM »

Is there any place in New york, jersey, ct,pa, and maine where I can rent a house for the summer and ride in my back yard?

Thanks
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 02:36:30 PM »

Is there any place in New york, jersey, ct,pa, and maine where I can rent a house for the summer and ride in my back yard?

Thanks

That sounds like a nice vacation. You should try forums in those states.
VelociRaptor350

Pinellas Park, FL

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 04:47:11 AM »

Nothing like that in NJ, at all, trust me.  There are some good places to ride but nohting where you can camp out and then ride.  Your best bet is west virgina, the hatfield/macoy trail system, they have little cabins you can rent and then ride out of, and get to one of the trailheads in like 5 minutes.

Those are the cabins, they have running water, ac, and heat.

www.trailsheaven.com
www.boonecountywv.org
www.kathryns-kabins.com

'05 Raptor 350
Its Slow but it Handles

www.YFM350Central.com
Njoutlaw88

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 11:14:17 AM »

thats a sweet trail. I might check it out for a week.

I wish i could find something around new york. A little closer to the family.

Oh and by the way scence your from New Jersey do you ride the rail road tracks?
VelociRaptor350

Pinellas Park, FL

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 11:45:43 AM »

lol yeah, rail road tracks and power lines. Basically if you ride the tracks you'll find trails that shoot off into the woods or the swaps in northern NJ. Same thing with the power lines. Jersey is starting to suck, they closed down all the good spots and made the rest illegal. This is crystal lake, its big but illegal.

They cops don't bother you too much but they will occasionaly fine someone, usualy the person with the loudest pipe.

'05 Raptor 350
Its Slow but it Handles

www.YFM350Central.com
Njoutlaw88

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 12:18:51 PM »

I AM BEGGING YOU. PLEASE GIVE ME DIRECTIONS TO THESE PLACES FROM 80. I really want  to go. If you dont want to post them online. e mail me. michaelstevenhein@yahoo.com
VelociRaptor350

Pinellas Park, FL

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 06:47:25 PM »

Well its real easy from seaside heights, hop on 37 W and drive for like 45 minutes until you pass tom's river.  Look for bone hill road, make the left off the highway and your there. Real easy.

'05 Raptor 350
Its Slow but it Handles

www.YFM350Central.com
bftclub

where's the mud at?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 06:51:55 PM »

whats this have to do with places to ride in florida?
Njoutlaw88

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 08:03:34 PM »

whats this have to do with places to ride in florida?

IT doesnt. And really are you that upset about it.
Thrasher
Supreme Member

i have a headache...

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2005, 10:03:41 AM »

Well its real easy from seaside heights, hop on 37 W and drive for like 45 minutes until you pass tom's river.  Look for bone hill road, make the left off the highway and your there. Real easy.

oh the memories from seaside Cheesy

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can Cheesy

Out to pis
YFZ450AndyH

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2005, 10:15:32 AM »

It seems like 50% of the stuff on here doesnt have to do with Florida riding, so what???  LOL.  
Njoutlaw88

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2005, 11:22:06 AM »

Nothing like that in NJ, at all, trust me.  There are some good places to ride but nohting where you can camp out and then ride.  Your best bet is west virgina, the hatfield/macoy trail system, they have little cabins you can rent and then ride out of, and get to one of the trailheads in like 5 minutes.

Those are the cabins, they have running water, ac, and heat.

www.trailsheaven.com
www.boonecountywv.org
www.kathryns-kabins.com

Can you tell me your friend e mail or aim name who went there?
mainetoo2005

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2005, 08:20:10 AM »

I can tell you some places in Maine to rent that are on a nice lake. You can, and I do, ride right out the driveway to some great trails. Bring your trailer, which obviously you will, and I can put you on hundreds of miles of groomed and ungroomed trails.

Take a look at:
www.krainin.com for rentals. Look for cottages on Little Sebago Lake. Pick out a few and I'll tell you if you can ride right out of them or if you will have to trailer.

This is a link to the local ATV club that I belong to. There are some trail maps and stuff there. http://www.geocities.com/lakes_region_atv/index.html

Also look at http://www.littlesebago.com/links1.htm there are links to other things in the area.

And don't forget this is Maine... Portland Head Light is less than 45 minutes away. The White Mountains... an hour. Lobster... at the end of the street!

Attached is a pic from the top of a mountain that is at the end of one of the trails.

Interested? Lemme know!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 08:24:46 AM by mainetoo2005 » Logged
Njoutlaw88

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2005, 10:03:52 AM »

I can tell you some places in Maine to rent that are on a nice lake. You can, and I do, ride right out the driveway to some great trails. Bring your trailer, which obviously you will, and I can put you on hundreds of miles of groomed and ungroomed trails.

Take a look at:
www.krainin.com for rentals. Look for cottages on Little Sebago Lake. Pick out a few and I'll tell you if you can ride right out of them or if you will have to trailer.

This is a link to the local ATV club that I belong to. There are some trail maps and stuff there. http://www.geocities.com/lakes_region_atv/index.html

Also look at http://www.littlesebago.com/links1.htm there are links to other things in the area.

And don't forget this is Maine... Portland Head Light is less than 45 minutes away. The White Mountains... an hour. Lobster... at the end of the street!

Attached is a pic from the top of a mountain that is at the end of one of the trails.

Interested? Lemme know!

looks tight. Are the trails carved out or do you have to make your own trails? Is it a popular town?
mainetoo2005

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2005, 10:12:52 AM »

There are logging roads that are groomed, Tight woods trails, powerlines, pipelines, hills, mountains, fire roads... all sorts of different riding.

The summer population is about 50,000 in North Windham. Portland (about 1 hour away) is 250,000. Ten minutes north on N. Windham the population drops off fast. An hour north and you are basically alone. I even know a campground about 1.5 hours north where you could do an overnight excursion and ride beside the appalachian trail.

Make sure to look at this link http://www.geocities.com/lakes_region_atv/PhotoAlbum.html it's pics from our clubs rides and work days. It really shows the trails in the area real good.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 10:15:31 AM by mainetoo2005 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com