Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Z-400 PROBLEMS help please!!  (Read 2582 times)
k-town quad boy #5

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 19, 2007, 12:23:12 PM »

my z-400 is having problems when it gets hot it wont run good and when it shuts off it wont start back up? if anyone knows whats wrong let me know. and does anyone know a dealer that hs a diagnosis computer for suzukis?

ive tried changing the spark plug, stator, coil and its getting gas im just no sure what it is but im pretty sure its electrical.

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
jmiller450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 03:01:04 PM »

what did your plug look like when you took it out?
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 04:02:51 PM »

Well I had the same problem with my ute about 1year ago. I tried everything. I tried the plug, fuel issues, everything. Took it to like 3 different mechanics and they were all stumped. I took it to the dealership and they had it fixed in like 1hour. It turns out it was a wire that came loose and was sitting too close to the engine. When it would get hot the wire would seperate and the bike would die. Then once it got cooled down the wire would kinda mesh back together and it would start back up. Im not sayin that its your problem but your best bet is just to save yourself the riding time and take it to the dealership. Unless its a major part it wont take much to get it back to normal. Its your best bet.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
k-town quad boy #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 06:04:49 PM »

yea i have no idea with the electrical stuff i took it to the shop today hopefully they will find out whats wrong with it!

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
blaster30

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 07:45:30 AM »

Did you fix the problem?
k-town quad boy #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 07:22:21 PM »

no not yet have any idea what it is?

but i did take it to sun sport in ft meyers there isiots just like the rest of the dealers. i called them and asked if they do a flat diagnosis rate on the computer and they said yes so i took it to them. and i even told them i checked the gas sparkpug stator nd what not but yet they call me the next day and say that my spark plug is crossthreaded and not all the way in and that took them an hour to figure out and they wanted to have more time so i had to pay them $80 for them to tell me that... its rediculous and it wasnt even crossthreaded. so i just took it back soo if anyone knows what it is id apretiate it!

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 07:27:57 PM »

did u try a cdi box. you can get them relatively cheap on ebay. i got on e for 20 bucks.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
k-town quad boy #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 08:04:36 PM »

yea i triedthe cdi box two kuz i have another z i switched them out and im clueless on what else it would be

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com