Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RTP Grants where is all the money  (Read 2413 times)
Stewards

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 13, 2007, 03:09:16 PM »

THE RECREATIONAL TRAILS PROGRAM: HOW IT WORKS

The Recreational Trails Program (RTP) begins with purchases of fuel by off-highway recreation enthusiasts, including motorcyclists, snowmobilers, ATV-ers, and four-wheelers. More than 18 cents in Federal tax is paid on every gallon of fuel used in their fun - representing more than $150 million in receipts every year, according to studies by the U.S. Department of Energy. In 2001 and for the subsequent two years, $50 million of this money is used to fund the Recreational Trails Program, administered by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA).
Loven It
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 03:40:44 PM »

THE RECREATIONAL TRAILS PROGRAM: HOW IT WORKS

The Recreational Trails Program (RTP) begins with purchases of fuel by off-highway recreation enthusiasts, including motorcyclists, snowmobilers, ATV-ers, and four-wheelers. More than 18 cents in Federal tax is paid on every gallon of fuel used in their fun - representing more than $150 million in receipts every year, according to studies by the U.S. Department of Energy. In 2001 and for the subsequent two years, $50 million of this money is used to fund the Recreational Trails Program, administered by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA).

I am not sure I understand what you are saying here - can you provide where this came from to read more to try understand this?

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
Stewards

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 06:47:42 PM »

For evey vehicle that purchases gas, 18 cents/gallon goes to the RTP Grants. If you multiply that for all the vehicles in the state of FL, there is a tremdous amount of money. 50 million dollars is used to fund the RTP Grants. 50 million dollars across the US is a lot of money. FHWA had 150 million dollars and only 50 million is going to the trails. Where is the other 100 million going.
eldiablo64
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 07:09:25 PM »

probably reallocated towards something completely ignorant

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 07:12:35 PM »

http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/environment/rectrails/recfunds.htm

...by making funds available to the States to develop and maintain recreational trails and trail-related facilities for both nonmotorized and motorized recreational trail uses.

How many bike trails were made for my friends in spandex?  What, about four mil for nonmotorized trails and less than 1/4 mil for motorized.  Check it out:

http://www.funoutdoors.info/05-14-2004%20Report%20revised.htm
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 08:43:11 PM by renmus » Logged
Loven It
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 09:18:50 AM »

I guess I am still a little unclear about what you are getting at here. The heading of this is where is all the money?  I am not trying to be rude - I just really don't understand the point of this post. This is not money that is just going to be handed out. It has to be applied for. Your post is a little misleading and not giving people all the information. You are making it seem as if this money has been distributed and is not being used correctly. This program is not just for OHV use. It is for ALL TYPES OF TRAILS.

Looks like Lee County received the funding to open up the new park for an amount of 437,420.00. Lee County also matched with the same amount. (in 2006)

Croom has received quit a bit of it starting in 1993.

ONF got 250,000.00 for Phase 1.

Here is the link to show where the money has been going.
http://www.dep.state.fl.us/gwt/grants/pdf/RTP_Annual%20Report_2006.pdf

Seriously I am not trying to pick your post apart, but before you get a bunch of people jumping all over this with "yeah where is all the money" you should make it a little more clear what the program really is and that these funds need to be applied for. Versus just getting people all worked up.

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
Stewards

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 06:31:55 AM »

Loven-It  - Maybe I should change the heading. I know where the RTP grants are going, what I want to know where is 100 million going. It should all go to the RTP grants, not just 50 million. Do you know how much Croom makes a year, and how much they really get? They get 15% of the sales from the yearly passes, the state gets the rest. My point is Croom should get all that money, and RTP grants should get the whole 150 million dollars. It would make the trail systems a lot better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com