Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I may have us a new place to ride .  (Read 82340 times)
500runner

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2005, 08:02:42 PM »

have you been to croom? alot of jumps,trails&burms.  if this is true what your saying the state of FL will never have a atv park for us to ride on!   just more info on the FL ATV TITLE SCAM!!!   dont  title your used ATVS!!  until the STATE steps up with rideing areas  and croom& ONF dont count!!!   Angry
customrubicon
Supreme Member

It's Time To ride, B4 The Mud Gets Dry !!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2005, 05:48:42 AM »

Most state areas are left natural. The burms are from the atv's riding and creating them. What I mean is that you do not usually see the state making jumps or tracks in these areas. They are made naturally from people riding. Go to a track that is man made and maintained, then ask if they have insurance.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2005, 06:04:29 AM »

That is completely false. If you sign a waiver it means very little. If the property is maintained by the owner...like making trails and someone hits something. If they sue waivers do not cover neglect issues. I am speeking from experience with my own property. States with government riding areas do not make jumps, burms or tracks for this reason. Insurance is necessary. Do not get me wrong waivers should still be used.

Your statement has valid points. I guess what I meant to say is that the need for insurance would not be as great as one would initially think with a properly drafted waiver. The waiver can, in a way bring the levels of insurance coverage down, therefore keeping the opearting expenses lower. But this is why JD started this thread. The more ideas and opinins the better.
J.D.
Supreme Member

I can see the concrete slowly creepin .

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2005, 06:44:25 AM »

That is exactly right , more ideas more possibilities . We gave an insurance man a few rough figures and are awaiting his reply . I realize this whole thing will not be easy and take some imagination but only time will tell . Actually I hate the fact that we are in a situation where we have to pay to ride , but if we dont start now the 20 acre RANCHETTES will chew up the rest of the land available . THEN WHAT DO WE DO ?

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2005, 06:51:54 AM »

That is exactly right , more ideas more possibilities . We gave an insurance man a few rough figures and are awaiting his reply . I realize this whole thing will not be easy and take some imagination but only time will tell . Actually I hate the fact that we are in a situation where we have to pay to ride , but if we dont start now the 20 acre RANCHETTES will chew up the rest of the land available . THEN WHAT DO WE DO ?

According to the responses J, looks like paying will not be a problem. I have 20-50 that will pay.
strubby

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2005, 09:35:40 PM »

I'm another that will pay. Fast trails with jumps and such is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Does anyone know of any others? Anyways, I'm down for whatever it takes to get this done. I live in Central FL, but I don't care   Grin

'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'15 RZR XP1000 Highlifter (SOLD)
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
'08 Outlaw 450 MXR (SOLD)
CEC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2005, 07:23:36 AM »

Sounds great!!  Keep us updated.  I live in Clearwater and am looking for places to ride.  

2001 EZ GO LIFTED 5 INCHES ON 22'S
04 400 EX
04 400 EX
05 Terminator 50
06 Polaris Pred. 90
99 Kaw. KX 100
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2005, 02:53:02 PM »

Will do .

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
yfz450psycho

RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2005, 02:30:58 PM »

when will this place be opening we rosser riders are getting chased by the cops they are shutting the the places down with guard rails we need places close
yfz450psycho

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2005, 02:32:55 PM »

by the way no one should mind a fee they charge at croom
500runner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2005, 06:04:09 PM »

Looking at other post on this fourm, alot of land owners are making $$$$  on there land by having ATVuse.  Icross, & now a place in palmdale.  J.D you might get in touch or go to a L-CROSS event to get info on what you need to do...
Kiss
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: March 02, 2005, 06:31:34 AM »

I live off Rosser also . I am just waiting for a quote from the insurance man , then we will go for the next meeting with the land owner .

Baldy

YZ250

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2005, 07:35:16 AM »

by the way no one should mind a fee they charge at croom

This looks to me like a jacka$$ without a helmet. This is the reason why we have so much trouble finding places to ride. I hate getting confrontational but this is rediculas. Get a grip jag-off and go buy a f'ing helmet. Angry Angry Angry Angry
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2005, 07:41:38 AM »

Still working with insurance people ........ They dont get in tooo much of a hurry . But we are still on it !

Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2005, 07:53:48 AM »

Still working with insurance people ........ They dont get in tooo much of a hurry . But we are still on it !

OK OK. Let us know J.
Robb

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2005, 08:34:41 AM »

This looks to me like a jacka$$ without a helmet. This is the reason why we have so much trouble finding places to ride. I hate getting confrontational but this is rediculas. Get a grip jag-off and go buy a f'ing helmet. Angry Angry Angry Angry

helmets are not the reason for losing riding areas...relax dude.

-Robb
05 Foreman S
02 Foreman S
 www.HondaForeman.com
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2005, 08:44:13 AM »

helmets are not the reason for losing riding areas...relax dude.

Not specifically, however it leads to other things and gives our sport a bad name.

This is what happens:

The tree huggers are always complaining to state officials about us. So they say these guys are wreckless, they tear up the land and: here it comes: "dont wear helmets", "they are killing themselves", "they have no regard for life".

I know I am going a little extreme but you get the picture.

WEAR YOUR HELMETS and if you dont wanna, dont be a moron and take a pic catching 30 feet of air without one on.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 08:46:12 AM by Eworm » Logged
Baldy

YZ250

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2005, 09:11:04 AM »

We are trying to get access to more land to ride. More from private owners than anything else. If one of those owners were to see people getting crazy without helmets I would think that they would never give it another thought. It only take one person to die or get seriously injured without a helmet to screw everything up. I guess you just can't teach common sense.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 09:11:47 AM by Baldy » Logged
yfz450psycho

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2005, 01:23:01 PM »

BALDY i am a real cool guy so i think you should use your words a little better back in the day i would give you a time and place to talk your talk but i am above that now also i ride with a helmet and gear but this was one of those spur of a moment rides to check out the jump on my own property so the way i see it is you should use better wording and dont insult people you dont know ok so be nice we all should stick together
yfz450psycho

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2005, 01:30:03 PM »

p.s. that was a little bump any way and like i said i was my land also i came from lost lake area and moved up here to buy land so i have places to ride how ever i want so lets just let the insults go and start over
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2005, 01:30:39 PM »

BALDY i am a real cool guy so i think you should use your words a little better back in the day i would give you a time and place to talk your talk but i am above that now also i ride with a helmet and gear but this was one of those spur of a moment rides to check out the jump on my own property so the way i see it is you should use better wording and dont insult people you dont know ok so be nice we all should stick together

I personaly feel that is nuts bra. You may not care what I think but oh well. You may be cool but if you wanna keep on being cool, wear a helmet. Cause you may not walk away the next time you wreck and dont have a helmet on. Just looking out, If you are going to jump a 10 foot jump and not wear a helmet please do not post the pic. Dont make sense.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 01:36:56 PM by Eworm » Logged
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2005, 01:32:24 PM »

p.s. that was a little bump any way and like i said i was my land also i came from lost lake area and moved up here to buy land so i have places to ride how ever i want so lets just let the insults go and start over

It realy does not matter if it was your land. If you wanna do it, do it just dont post a pic like that. Does not give our sport a good name.
Baldy

YZ250

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2005, 01:32:41 PM »

Sorry Bro........I just get enraged when I see people riding without helmets. I was riding North Port a couple of months ago and I saw this guy riding his quad with his daughter on the back. Neither one  of them were wearing helmets. Then I saw them roll it into one of the revines. After I saw that the little girl was ok I wanted to pummel the jerk with my helmet. They weren't even riding fast. You never know when something is going to happen even on your own property. So no offense, but I hope you see where I'm coming from.

JD seems to be working really hard on this new place to ride and I would hate to see it all go for not if the landowner decided to see that picture on this thread.  Wink
yfz450psycho

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2005, 01:36:49 PM »

thats cool you should get to port st lucie area and go riding some times
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2005, 01:37:58 PM »

I think you are real close to the place JD is talking about....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com