Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I may have us a new place to ride .  (Read 82367 times)
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: June 11, 2006, 10:35:31 PM »

Will you be able to pay to get in, or will you have to have pitched in for the land to ride there? And where might the riding area be located?

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
Raptor660R

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: June 12, 2006, 10:29:42 AM »

hey Raptor660R, I didn't receive an email telling me there was a response here(sorry).

What I believe us as a group will buy into is around 400 or so acres. Fortunately, the price has been dropping in recent months. I believe we'll be able to find prices in the $10-14,000 dollar per acre range (roughly 4-6 million per riding facility). The real plus with what we're doing is everyone owns. They can sell, trade - whatever with their share of the land.

I believe we can support several riding areas we just need to join forces and open our first one. Then we can add more and those who purchased a little far from home initially can trade or sell out to buy into one closer to their home (or own into multiple locations).

I've found acreage that has been cleared...I'm sure we don't want that. I've also found (but haven't been able to research) 400+ wooded acres off Hwy27 near hwy 64 (near Sebring and Lake Placid).

For the heck of it...how does something like that sound to you (in the $3-4,000 per owner range)??

Well it all depends on what they will get in return. It will be hard to find people to dish out $3000-4000 without anything it it for them. Will they make anything overtime? This could be done with having a seperate entity set up basically an LLC and everyone owns shares in the company, and the company owns the land, that way everyone is protected. Also, are you still looking in the Ft. Pierce area?

02' Raptor 660R
CT Racing Full Exhaust System & Jet Kit
UNI Air Filter
Maxxis Razr 2's
jgdorado

Just give me some land to ride on.......

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: June 19, 2006, 08:21:20 PM »

I'd respond more timely but I'm apparently not receiving the email notification (sorry).

The $3-4,000 is for ownership. The technique is an LP with a GP. In English, the LLC doesn't provide the protection or the wide ownership needed. Our attorneys have already designed the LP (Limited Partnership) where owners of the land will be "Partners" of the LP and can buy and sell their interest at will and are not personally at risk of any law suit that may arrise out of an injury (short of it being their own fault of course). The GP (General Partner) is a requirement for the government of the LP - this furthers the span of liability issues for the limited partners. It will be a corporation for further protection for those people responsible for the operations. Since we obviously live in a suit happy world we'll all need as much distance and protection against that 1 injury that we all hope never happens and this will give much of that.

After dishing out multiples of $3-6,000 just for our machines this investment is the icing on the cake! A place to ride whenever and forever. You also asked "will they make anything over time?". Of course our desire is for everyone to purchase with useage as their primary intent. We all will have a marketable stake in the property. We can buy and sell individually or we can all vote to sell off the whole thing. I personally would buy and use (hold). Who knows what 10-20 yrs down the road could bring as a return-on-investment though. I think it's all good!

In response to MachineDog , we wouldn't be allowed to charge on a per usage basis. That would make this an operational business (instead of simple ownership) and the obstacles/liabilities would be tremendous. Our current technique is tough for municipalities to stop us from riding because it's our land we're riding on and we have that right. I've found no county that has prohibited the use of our own land for this purpose (with the exception of the city of "PALM BAY") Funny people they are. The city passed a law that (without coming out and saying it) requires approx 17.84 acres just to start your ATV (in the middle of the property) which is 500' from your nearest neighbor [pie r(squared)]. Who needs Palm Bay though.   400 + acres will resolve any of those issues.

To answer what I believe may be at the root of your question, we will be seeking out the ability to offer financing. Fractional ownership can be a bear to secure financing for, but we'll try.

One of the more recent statistics about ATV'rs in Florida is that there are 100's of thousands of us. We can easily open ownership riding areas all over Florida with a nominal investment. The majority of people who have signed up at our web site www.fl-atv.com with the desire to own their own riding land are from the areas I-4 and South. The north half of Fl still needs areas because we have plenty of folks in those areas but based on the majority our first group of facilities will be South.
SWFRider

Nothing to see here , Move along !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: July 27, 2006, 07:55:01 PM »

"the majority our first group of facilities will be South" your last line has caught my attention. When you say south do you mean south of like Ft Myers area. Southwest Florida has no legal Family ATV riding areas. Hope its this way. Croom is just too far and thats the nearest non mud pit place. We have lost so many areas due to overdevelopemnt and a county commission that only cares about themselved. At least Naples is trying.

http://home.earthlink.net/~chstevens04/quads/my06raptor.jpg
06 Yamaha Rator 700 - AC Nerfs and Bumper , GYTR Air Filter Complete,Yoshi RS 7 Pipe,Dobeck TFI
05 Yamaha 350 Raptor K&N Filters , HMF Slip-on, Edelbrock Carb, GYTR Air Filter Complete
jgdorado

Just give me some land to ride on.......

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: July 27, 2006, 10:37:00 PM »

I'm watching the Naples thing too! It appears to have a lot of promise. Maybe even the begining of state land for more parts of Florida.

To answer your question, in short - "yes". I'll guess Croom is about 2-3 hrs from you. The area we feel that will get the most initial support is more like 1 to 1.5 hrs from you probably along or near the hwy27 corridor.

sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: July 28, 2006, 08:46:20 PM »

Not interested in riding with a helmet on.Willing to pay and or help with the site.If it has to be with helmets though I will pass.
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: July 28, 2006, 08:52:33 PM »

sbripple: I'd have to say you have contributed nothing to this forum but negative posts. I don't know you, but I can guess you are one of the riders that screws it up for everyone else.

We *always* ride with a helmet, except when doing yardwork which consists of staying under 4mph.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: July 30, 2006, 08:08:46 PM »

machine dog ,That was uncalled for....you are beginning to get on my nerves.I am trying to be positive about this but I am entitled to my input ,whether you agree or not .Please dont be a thingy head.all I said is all I said.dont add to it or start that other poop again.
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

Turn off them blinkers to save blinker fluid.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: July 30, 2006, 08:19:50 PM »

Not interested in riding with a helmet on.Willing to pay and or help with the site.If it has to be with helmets though I will pass.
sbripple: I'd have to say you have contributed nothing to this forum but negative posts. I don't know you, but I can guess you are one of the riders that screws it up for everyone else.
We *always* ride with a helmet, except when doing yardwork which consists of staying under 4mph.
you hit the nail on the head

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]
yamaha_boy_15

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: August 16, 2006, 09:43:43 PM »

there goes sbripple agian..
do you come on here just to anoy people??
 Angry
ugh
stop starting stuff and being negative

sweetrider215

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: August 16, 2006, 10:11:04 PM »

link=topic=2166.msg217697#msg217697 date=1155779023]
there goes sbripple agian..
do you come on here just to anoy people??
 Angry
ugh
stop starting stuff and being negative

[/quote]

hey were u at underhills in the first pick  just wandering

yamaha big bear 400 oc 4wd 05
 mud gear tires
 winch
 cargobox/seet
yamaha pw 80cc 07
yamaha wolverine 350 06
Chevy Silverado 1500 07
yamaha_boy_15

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: August 16, 2006, 11:45:04 PM »

yessir i was

good times...good times  Smiley

FordForever

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: September 24, 2006, 07:03:17 PM »

Id pay to ride...long as it wasnt too far away...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com