Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I may have us a new place to ride .  (Read 82419 times)
RL400
Supreme Member

Keep the rubber side down.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2005, 01:03:48 PM »

Just an IDEA: if you can crunch some numbers and give an idea of what will be needed ($$$) then I can start to prepare my crew. Perhaps a yearly fee or monthly. Maybe a lease or something. I also have a lawyer friend if you need some legal advice.

that is an awesome idea... i really HOPE there is a monthly/yearly fee - it helps keep out some of the idiots that get the places shut down for doing stupid stuff.

please keep us update! we will be willing to help.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 01:04:51 PM by RL400 » Logged
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2005, 01:06:27 PM »

Both machines will tear it up pretty good , we will have alot of what if's to cover but it would be unfair not to allow bikes because they need a place to ride also . We will  have a volunteer system for clean up days . Maybe the volunteers will get their own special day of riding , that could possibly help the bikers out if they step up . Anything people do to help will be rewarded .

Yeah I guess you are right. With the right maintenance plan we should be fine. As well, the bikes will also bring income needed for maintenence. Good idea with the clean up day. GOOD STUFF!!
J.D.
Supreme Member

I can see the concrete slowly creepin .

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2005, 01:09:26 PM »

Our imagination , cooperation , communication is the key to our success.

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2005, 01:18:38 PM »

JD. How far (aprox) will this be from Miami??
Suzuki_Outlaw

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2005, 01:39:16 PM »

Last but not least i think you or whoever is in charge of this riding area needs to appoint a few people i would like the job to police the area for riff raff that can close a place down quicker than anything     ....DRINKING THEN RIDING      NO HELMETS     TEARING UP WITH YOUNGUNS ON BIKE YOU NAME IT     ....TRY TO KEEP THE RANGER SYSTEM LIKE CROOM....ECT......BY THE WAY MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS   WOULD BE VEEERRRY INTERESTED IN THIS AREA AND WILL HELP IN ANY WAY...GEORGE...BY THE WAY WILL YOU HAVE AN AREA FOR MY TOYHAULER...LOL      J/K
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2005, 01:43:59 PM »

Last but not least i think you or whoever is in charge of this riding area needs to appoint a few people i would like the job to police the area for riff raff that can close a place down quicker than anything     ....DRINKING THEN RIDING      NO HELMETS     TEARING UP WITH YOUNGUNS ON BIKE YOU NAME IT     ....TRY TO KEEP THE RANGER SYSTEM LIKE CROOM....ECT......BY THE WAY MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS   WOULD BE VEEERRRY INTERESTED IN THIS AREA AND WILL HELP IN ANY WAY...GEORGE...BY THE WAY WILL YOU HAVE AN AREA FOR MY TOYHAULER...LOL      J/K

I say no drinking at all. Don't get me wrong, I love dem booze but for insurance purposes and safety reasons drinking should not be allowed. And HELMETS, come on. That should be a given. Anyone seen riding the trail without a helmet gets thrown out. That is just stupid
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2005, 01:54:45 PM »

Probably no Barley Pop . It will be up to the owner . If it is set up right people wont want to set around and drink . Its location will be good for people from Miami  close to turnpike  . DOT helmets will be mandatory ..
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 01:56:33 PM by J.D. » Logged

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2005, 01:58:08 PM »

Probably no Barley Pop . It will be up to the owner . If it is set up right people wont want to set around and drink . Its location will be good for people from Miami  close to turnpike  . DOT helmets will be mandatory ..

NICE! Plus alcohol can only really create problems. Unless maybe drinking after hours for those who camp there. WOW: there is an idea: A mini camp ground site for the outertowners.
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2005, 02:01:34 PM »

There may come a day that I will ask people to show up before it all starts . I will have to show him what kind of turnout we can get .  It will be very important for people to show up on that day , even if we cant ride .

Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2005, 02:02:40 PM »

There may come a day that I will ask people to show up before it all starts . I will have to show him what kind of turnout we can get .  It will be very important for people to show up on that day , even if we cant ride .

Say the word. You can count on me plus 20 (at least)
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2005, 02:03:40 PM »

I like the way you think JD. Good ideas all around. What are you a lawyer, doctor, MBA?Huh Damn man, good chit!!!
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2005, 02:05:26 PM »

I sell ATV's . But I have spent the last 10 years in the wetlands of Florida . I'm basically just another frustrated 4 wheeler rider .Now that I am in this business I am starting to make connection , and I will take full advantage of them if it will give us more places to play .
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 02:08:10 PM by J.D. » Logged

Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2005, 02:06:20 PM »

I sell ATV's . But I have spent the last 10 years in the wetlands of Florida .

Cool man. I just may contact you when I upgrade to the TRX 450...
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2005, 02:13:51 PM »

I feel all dealers should be doing the same . Very dissapointing .

Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2005, 02:34:50 PM »

I feel all dealers should be doing the same . Very dissapointing .

I may be able to help in recruiting some dealers
RL400
Supreme Member

Keep the rubber side down.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2005, 03:05:54 PM »

we can probably do that.
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2005, 04:02:48 PM »

I hope so , no turnout on that day will probably make the owner loose interest .

CAOSPOP

« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2005, 04:08:56 PM »

JD you got the right idea this sounds to good to be true what a great idea man... Let me know if you need anything im in.
eiger_man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2005, 04:30:30 PM »

JD ,I live close by,would be more than happy to volunteer time for this!!Send me a PM if you need help with scout work on the property.

2006 Camo Suzuki Eiger
Maxxis Bighorns
Ricochet Skid Plates

2002 Red Suzuki Eiger
Mud Lites
Ricochet Skid Plates
FMF Pro Line Exhaust
2500 Warn Winch
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2005, 06:05:51 PM »

Until the man says yes it is  too good to be true , But if we do it right , represent ourselves properly , show up in droves the day we need to   It just might become reality .

customrubicon
Supreme Member

It's Time To ride, B4 The Mud Gets Dry !!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2005, 06:58:34 PM »

It does sound great. I have 90 acres and let people ride there occassionally. I have made an 8 acre track for dirt bikes and another one for quads. I have a trail system on the outside including mud and obsticles. I have found that if you maintain the property for riding than the owner is responsible for any accidents that are caused by ?. The owner is responsible and it is very expensive to get insurance. I recommend getting info. on insurance and estimate the cost of building the trails and the tracks. This will be good for the owner to have this info. I own a bobcat and would be willing to donate some hours to help do this.(My property is in Michigan) It costs me $ 1,800.00 for 3 days for up to 100 riders for the weekend. This is a $ 1,000,000 coverage and is not enough. Just something to think of.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 07:04:53 PM by customrubicon » Logged

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2005, 07:10:45 PM »

I have some contacts .... insurance and a good lawyer , engineer, and a couple biologists . Hopefully we can get it worked out . Only time will tell .
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 07:11:54 PM by J.D. » Logged

zin
Supreme Member

Save a Horse Ride a Kawasaki!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2005, 07:45:58 PM »

I just opened a computer shop in PSL, and am amazed how many people have quads up here... perhaps a flyer to promote this would get you even more support from people not online. I'd put them on my counter.....and count me in on any help needed.

budman
Supreme Member

No, I'm not depressed...I'm just guarding my beer!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2005, 07:58:06 PM »

Zin...buddy, how's it going... Budman the printer for ALL Atv members (I wish) will hook you up with flyers...are you going to MSG in march? I will be going (I Think) later dude...

www.rratv.net

2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)
zin
Supreme Member

Save a Horse Ride a Kawasaki!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2005, 08:13:39 PM »

going saterday to MSG, no RODMAN for me..i'm to shy  [smiley=EvilSmile.gif]...LOL...hopefully ride prairie, and RR and a new place on the west coast before march MSG... but kawasaki willing hell yeah. cya in the mud... bud
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com