Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I may have us a new place to ride .  (Read 82393 times)
J.D.
Supreme Member

I can see the concrete slowly creepin .

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 18, 2005, 08:16:07 PM »

I am getting the opportunity to talk with a land owner with 1000 acres that might possibly let us use it for a riding area . He uses it for ag purposes and is open to the possibility . We will have to pay but anything is better than nothing . It is not yet a for shure , but it is in the works . I am hoping to give him an aggressiv trail system with a drag and special 4x4 area while to being able to use some of the land for agriculture .As I said before it is just in the begining . For everyone that wants the Dealers to step up , I'm trying . Keep your fingers crossed . I will keep you informed . I am using Durahmtown as the example
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 08:21:19 PM by J.D. » Logged

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 08:26:55 PM »

If I needed people to help me sweep his entire property " more than 1000 acres" for exotic plants would some of you in the South FL area be willing to give  some time for the cause?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 08:30:00 PM by J.D. » Logged

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
02YamahaBigBear400

Wheres the mud?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 10:58:43 PM »

where abouts and when. with me working 2 jobs its hard for time off but if i have the time when you want to do it then sure. I need to ride.

2002 Yamaha BigBear 400 4x4
27x10x12 Vampires (Front)
27x12x12 Vampires (Rear)
Custom Snorkel
Extra Lights w/custom grill
FMF MegaMax 2 exhaust
----------------------------------
1996 Honda 300 4x4
27x10(front) and 27x12(rear) vampires
exhaust
HL clutch Kit
Snorkel
am/fm cd player
Deluxe21

It's a family thing.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 03:39:49 AM »

I would gladly help and could bring a few friends.  Just let me know.
Steve

2004 Scrambler 500
2001 Scrambler 500
1999 LEM Cayman
2003 Xtreme Pro 100
1958 Airstream toy hauler
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 03:53:44 AM »

It is still in the beginning .Cant disclose where and don't quite know when , but it is being discussed .

dreth

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 04:06:52 AM »

ILL HELP
CAOSPOP

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 04:20:42 AM »

count me in JD just tell what to look for.
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 06:13:25 AM »

I'm glad people are willing to help . It is in the beginnings so it will take some time . we will see how it goes .

VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2005, 06:45:31 AM »

I'll be there.

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2005, 06:54:46 AM »

We can help too   Cheesy

J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2005, 07:07:50 AM »

I just want everyone to know it isstill in the early stages but I am trying to build up a little support to show The landowner just how bad this area is needed . I have alot of ideas that he likes , but it never hurts to have more .

Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2005, 09:00:34 AM »

JD: let us know. I have a big crew that's willing and able to do what is needed to better our riding areas in S.Florida
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2005, 09:16:25 AM »

Cool  ,When and if it works out , keep your fingers crossed .

jackinthebox23

Life is good.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2005, 09:34:19 AM »

count me in.  

2005 Polaris Sportsman 400
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2005, 10:01:53 AM »

Just got off the phone , They like my ideas . " I have 2 well known biologists backing me up . We will meet on Feb 2nd . I will let you know that the area is south of FT. Pierce . I hope it all works out .

Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2005, 10:41:46 AM »

Just got off the phone , They like my ideas . " I have 2 well known biologists backing me up . We will meet on Feb 2nd . I will let you know that the area is south of FT. Pierce . I hope it all works out .

Just an IDEA: if you can crunch some numbers and give an idea of what will be needed ($$$) then I can start to prepare my crew. Perhaps a yearly fee or monthly. Maybe a lease or something. I also have a lawyer friend if you need some legal advice.
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2005, 11:09:13 AM »

After the meeting I will have a little more info . If we could move this thread to places to ride I would like peoples opinion or ideas . It would help . As an ATV enthusiast I have a good idea but tell me what you would like .

Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2005, 12:02:38 PM »

you probably thought of this already, but here it is anyway:

One way trails. Wink
Also, dirt roads cutting through the trails to easily access the main area in the event a bike has mechanical problems while on the trails and needs to be towed back. Wink

I will be posting ideas as I get them from my crew.

J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2005, 12:30:18 PM »

That is what we want . This is what I have . A one way sport bike trail around the perimiter of the property with table tops , whoops and alot of turns that will kinda double back to stretch out overall distance . Along inside of the sport will be a 4x4 area with some mud but alot of challenges "not just mud "  And a 300 ft drag with 200 ft shutdown . The key is we have to set it up to maintain the integrity of the agricultural land in the center of the property . I know it will not be free like the forests , but we can make it fun and make changes on a quarterly basis .Also I am suggesting the use of flags . Do ya'll feel I am on the right track ? If not tell me it wont hurt my feelings " that much " [smiley=Cry.gif]
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 12:32:55 PM by J.D. » Logged

Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2005, 12:40:33 PM »

That is what we want . This is what I have . A one way sport bike trail around the perimiter of the property with table tops , whoops and alot of turns that will kinda double back to stretch out overall distance . Along inside of the sport will be a 4x4 area with some mud but alot of challenges "not just mud "  And a 300 ft drag with 200 ft shutdown . The key is we have to set it up to maintain the integrity of the agricultural land in the center of the property . I know it will not be free like the forests , but we can make it fun and make changes on a quarterly basis .Also I am suggesting the use of flags . Do ya'll feel I am on the right track ? If not tell me it wont hurt my feelings " that much " [smiley=Cry.gif]

I think, you are right on brother. Sounding very good and like  something all ATV enthusiasts can enjoy. What would you think about those new 2 wheel things they call dirt bikes? Roll Eyes
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2005, 12:43:47 PM »

If the bikes dont mid tabletops instead of doubles it is cool with me . I started on 2 wheels . We just have to have flags , that will help out the bikes .

jackinthebox23

Life is good.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2005, 12:57:12 PM »

I think you are right on with the plans.  I'm a utility quad guy myself, so I may be making an ignorant statement, but wouldn't dirtbikes really tear up the track and do much more damage than the sport quads? If so, I would probably not want them there.....but then again, I wouldn't be riding on that track.  The one way idea is awesome.

jackinthebox23

Life is good.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2005, 12:58:31 PM »

Just an IDEA: if you can crunch some numbers and give an idea of what will be needed ($$$) then I can start to prepare my crew. Perhaps a yearly fee or monthly. Maybe a lease or something. I also have a lawyer friend if you need some legal advice.

does anybody currently belong to other private riding clubs?  What do they charge and what does that cover?  

Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2005, 01:02:48 PM »

I guess no DIRT BIKES. I actually started out on 3 then went to 2 (RM 125 and YZ 250) but I think they would indead tear the track up big time.
J.D.
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2005, 01:03:35 PM »

Both machines will tear it up pretty good , we will have alot of what if's to cover but it would be unfair not to allow bikes because they need a place to ride also . We will  have a volunteer system for clean up days . Maybe the volunteers will get their own special day of riding , that could possibly help the bikers out if they step up . Anything people do to help will be rewarded .

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com