Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PBC teeing up to opt out!~  (Read 10078 times)
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 07:26:01 PM »

so let me get this right.Because some people are speeding,which is against the law.some people are driving on paved roads also against the law.some people are complaining about the noise ,a diferent issue altogether.we may not be allowed to ride legally on dirt roads?If the pbso enforced the laws already existing we dont need to change anything.just catch the law breakers.I am not gonna stop driving up and down my dirt road,but I am prepared to pay whatever fine I get assessed.All I can say is the pbso better apply the enforcement even handedly,and not pick and choose when to enforce the laws.
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2007, 08:06:41 PM »

that is what you guys need to go to this meeting and say like I said in prev. post why is the lawbiding citizen gonna get punished for the people doing wrong those people will coninue and then get caght why not just try to catch them without opting out?HuhHuh?

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

PBSO Agricultural Crimes Detective

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2007, 12:59:27 AM »

Articcat,
I wish your solution was that simple. PBSO is making an effort to catch violators, but to no avail. Since Oct 1 when the new law went into effect, complaints and violations went off the charts. Many of the violators I've ticketed aren't on this website and have little regard for the law or respect for fellow citizens. Their attitude is, "I bought it and will ride where ever I want, when ever I want because I have rights." The Acreage/Loxahatchee is a major problem area. These riders drive over fences, tear down signs and ride at all times of the night. Most residents have tried lawfully fencing off the canal banks on their property, only to have a violator run it down at 2am and run through their yard. Most flee from deputies when they try to stop them. The general public is fed up and took it up with the county commission. I had one lady tell me she had more respect for drug dealers than ATV riders. She said "Drug dealers stay in their turf and are not racing through my yard waking me up at all times of the night! This is my yard and these thugs violated my personal space!" This is only a sample of the complaints we hear. Others have threaten to shoot at riders or string cables across trails. The other problem is, most ATV riders on this site complain about the lack of riding areas. I can tell you, having riding areas doesn't always solve the problem. It may reduce it some, but most of the violators my unit has stopped said they want to ride out of their front yards and have no desire to load up their ATV and take it anywhere. It wouldn't matter if we opened up the JW Corbett WMA to ATVs or made Mecca Farms into an OHV park. Because of how this area is laid out, any canal bank or vacant field becomes a riding area because it's closer than a sanctioned riding area. Underhills is only about 45minutes from Loxahatchee and even closer for those in Jupiter Farms. This is not a Palm Beach County problem, it's a statewide problem. Some areas are simply not conducive for ATV operation. I wish I had better news. I grew up riding in this county until it turned into a "city." I now patrol some of the very areas I used to go mudding in. I constantly hear, "I've been riding here for 20 years....." Seems the only "permanent" thing in life is "change."
Off Rode

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2007, 05:20:54 AM »

This is not a Palm Beach County problem, it's a statewide problem. Some areas are simply not conducive for ATV operation. I wish I had better news.

The question is the State or the County willing to come up with some plan other than outlaw ATV's.  You know that the offenders will keep riding & gambling getting caught when there is no place LEGAL left to ride.  It'll be like drug dealers, they do it, they get caught, they do time, then they do it all over again.  It create's a vicious cycle, and one that will not be eliminated.  Thus, it gives drug dealers a bad name.  Is this a bad analogy?  The only reason I ask is because WE (our society) has not & cannot eliminate DRUG DEALING.  There isn't anywhere in this country that it is legal & we still have a HUGE problem.  Is THAT problem fixed?? I think not.

I would be hopeful that the state or perhaps a county could come up with some plan to work with the issue instead of ABANDONMENT.  Perhaps treating it like regular motorists.  Citations for infractions, etc. If they run from you I'm sure that ups the ante, confinscate the bike.  You already have a task force & I know that many other areas of the state do also in addition to FWC & other agencies.  Is anything of this nature possible or is it too late?

It's not an easy transition............and the easy way out we will lose. Cry

1987 Honda ATC 250sx
2000 Suzuki LTF250F
2000 Yamaha Breeze 125 (Sons)
2000 Yamaha Breeze 125 (Daughters)
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2007, 04:47:42 PM »

what he is basically saying is not that it is his fault but it is easier to punish all to MAYBE catch a few BASICALLY that is why I think it comes down to semicommunist control SEMI

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2007, 10:08:59 AM »

Articcat,
I wish your solution was that simple. PBSO is making an effort to catch violators, but to no avail. Since Oct 1 when the new law went into effect, complaints and violations went off the charts. Many of the violators I've ticketed aren't on this website and have little regard for the law or respect for fellow citizens. Their attitude is, "I bought it and will ride where ever I want, when ever I want because I have rights." The Acreage/Loxahatchee is a major problem area. These riders drive over fences, tear down signs and ride at all times of the night. Most residents have tried lawfully fencing off the canal banks on their property, only to have a violator run it down at 2am and run through their yard. Most flee from deputies when they try to stop them. The general public is fed up and took it up with the county commission. I had one lady tell me she had more respect for drug dealers than ATV riders. She said "Drug dealers stay in their turf and are not racing through my yard waking me up at all times of the night! This is my yard and these thugs violated my personal space!" This is only a sample of the complaints we hear. Others have threaten to shoot at riders or string cables across trails. The other problem is, most ATV riders on this site complain about the lack of riding areas. I can tell you, having riding areas doesn't always solve the problem. It may reduce it some, but most of the violators my unit has stopped said they want to ride out of their front yards and have no desire to load up their ATV and take it anywhere. It wouldn't matter if we opened up the JW Corbett WMA to ATVs or made Mecca Farms into an OHV park. Because of how this area is laid out, any canal bank or vacant field becomes a riding area because it's closer than a sanctioned riding area. Underhills is only about 45minutes from Loxahatchee and even closer for those in Jupiter Farms. This is not a Palm Beach County problem, it's a statewide problem. Some areas are simply not conducive for ATV operation. I wish I had better news. I grew up riding in this county until it turned into a "city." I now patrol some of the very areas I used to go mudding in. I constantly hear, "I've been riding here for 20 years....." Seems the only "permanent" thing in life is "change."

If they opened JW and/or made Mecca into an ATV park THE PROBLEM WOULD DECREASE DRASTICALLY. Additionally, if you make the penalties and fines extremely high for the violators, once the places are open, then and only then will you see the problem come to a complete hault. PEOPLE WOULD DRIVE 30 MINUTES!!!Everyone would be happy. Happens in many states people!!!!

MATT1969

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2007, 10:22:57 PM »

after seeing what holyland looks like i hope they don't Evan consider j.w Corbett for ATVs .i used to hunt holylands and now its seems like a ATV park instead of a hunting area.j.w Corbett is a wild life management area not a playground for ATVs and i can only pray they don't ever consider it.and by the way i have 2 ATVs and own differant lands about 2 hours away.j.w Corbett is about 4 minutes from my house,but would rather drive 2 hours then have Corbett destroyed  and trashed like holylands.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com