Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vinyl plank wood look flooring  (Read 4966 times)
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 31, 2007, 08:13:01 AM »

Is this good flooring? Has anyone ever used it? Would you recommend it? Some of it snaps together and some is 1/8th" thick that glues together. We are gonna either go with this or ceramic wood looking planks. Any advise.

http://www.armstrong.com/resflram/na/laminate/en/us/prod_detail.asp?itemId=86810.0

http://www.fastfloors.com/style_17613,0/Stepco-Plank-Loc-Beveled-Edge.htm

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vinyl-Tile-Wood-Look-Plank-Flooring-41009_W0QQitemZ250079363812QQihZ015QQcategoryZ20604QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 09:06:15 AM »

yunt,
ive installed laminate flooring in 3 rooms and it is fairly simple(snap in place).
it is very durable and we got ours at costco for about 1.50 sqft.
it looks great. the glue type ive heard is very messyand a PITA. if youd like i could post some pics when i get home.
gery

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 09:31:37 AM »

Yunt, The vinyl planks are an excellent product. I am not sure about the brand they are selling, but we carry about 5 brands and they are all awesome. The advantages to it are Scratch Resistance, Practically Waterproof(once adhesive is dry), and you can easily replace just 1 plank if it gets destroyed. The laminate is also a good product for Scratch Resitance, but it's not good with moisture. Laminates are on a pressed board very much like MDF. Once moisture hits this backer board you will get swelling and could possibly ruin the floor. If you need to replace a piece of laminate it is a PITA! you can cut it out and notch the tongues and grooves a certain way and reinstall it. I would recommend that for a professional. The easiest way to replace a ruined board is to tear the entire floor back from the wall. If you have kids and pets running around I would go with the Vinyl Planks. Just remember the peel'n'stick planks you buy at Home Depot and Lowe's are just not the same quality that you will get at your local Mom & Pop store.

The "Glue" laminates practically don't exist anymore. The only time we use glue is on a tap-n-lock product in a wet area to add extra protection at the seams.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 09:44:14 AM »

Great, would you suggest glueing the snap in lock style.

Gery, Pics would be great.

bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 02:50:37 PM »

Great, would you suggest glueing the snap in lock style.

Gery, Pics would be great.
Do not glue it unless it says to in the instructions. Laminate needs to have some flew since it is "floating". If you are doing it yourself make sure to leave and expansion gap and get quarter round for the edges. ANy other questions, just ask away.

FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 03:55:45 PM »

This may be alittle off topic but have you ever seen the linoleum type product that looked like wood planks, I saw some in a house and it looked pretty good for a linoleum.
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 05:53:57 PM »

This may be alittle off topic but have you ever seen the linoleum type product that looked like wood planks, I saw some in a house and it looked pretty good for a linoleum.

Yes, a lot of the companies make a sheet vinyl in wood patterns. A lot of them have a wood texture and actual dimension to it. Sheet Vinyl has come a long way in the last couple years and is a very durable floor. It can still rip easy(compared to other products), but not near as easy as it used to.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 08:22:03 PM »

Here ya go yunt. the first ones are the unfinished product. i am still working on that room. but you can see the last one which is finished. ihave to say i am very happy with it. its super easy to install, very durable and relatively cheap.

FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 08:51:55 PM »

Thumbs Up
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 06:49:38 AM »

I was thinking the armstrong was actualy vinyl but upon further research found out that its laminated. DUH, LOL Is that the laminated snap in floating floor in the picture. My friend has the laminated floating floor and it looks great but I was warned that if something gets spilled on it, you need to get it up ASAP or the water could get between the cracks and mold or swell up the flooring. So we had decided on ceramic until I saw the vinyl plank material. My friend went with the laminated because he has a wood frame house. I have a concrete house. I'm just afraid that the ceramic may be cold and harder the keep warm. Ceramic will be the most durable so we are probably just gonna spend the extra and go that way. Man if someone could acrually make a vinyl board that could be snapped in place and put that glue on vinyl plank to the vinyl board, it would be great and easy to install. They already make vinyl deck boards that are thick and durable so it should be available.

Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 09:45:12 AM »

That is snap in laminate in those pics.

I was thinking the armstrong was actualy vinyl but upon further research found out that its laminated. DUH, LOL Is that the laminated snap in floating floor in the picture. My friend has the laminated floating floor and it looks great but I was warned that if something gets spilled on it, you need to get it up ASAP or the water could get between the cracks and mold or swell up the flooring. So we had decided on ceramic until I saw the vinyl plank material. My friend went with the laminated because he has a wood frame house. I have a concrete house. I'm just afraid that the ceramic may be cold and harder the keep warm. Ceramic will be the most durable so we are probably just gonna spend the extra and go that way. Man if someone could acrually make a vinyl board that could be snapped in place and put that glue on vinyl plank to the vinyl board, it would be great and easy to install. They already make vinyl deck boards that are thick and durable so it should be available.

I am not aware of any products like that. The vinyl plank will be cool, but not near as cold as ceramic tile would be. If your slab is in good condition and you don't mind tearing up any existing flooring in the areas the plank will go that will be your best bet. The vinyl needs a good surface or it will show imperfections.  If you came in our showroom I would recommend the vinyl by hearing what your needs are. It is more realistic than most laminates also. It is hard for most people to tell the difference between the vinyl planks and hardwood. Also, the same material that makes up the vinyl planks is available in squares for ceramic and stone patterns. It looks really good.

Jeepin'

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 10:25:59 AM »

I dont know if its the samething you are talking about, but we just installed a similar floor.  Its Bamboo and was onsale at Lowe's.  If you want I can get pictures of it, it looks really good and was rather cheap.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com