Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 30.00 PER PERSON FOR MSG?  (Read 65384 times)
SWAMP_DONKEY

« on: April 17, 2005, 07:45:00 AM »

Shocked WOW THAT BLEW ME AWAY!!! WE HAVE BEEN GOING THERE AS A FAMILY AND CAMPING SINCE DAY ONE, AND HAVE BEEN HAPPY TO PAY 15 PER AND 15 EXTRA PER TO CAMP, TWO DAYS OF FUN. I WENT DOWN SAT TO MEET UP WITH ZIN (WHO I COULD NOT FIND) AND ONLY HAD 28.00 ON ME, WHICH WAS PLENTY BEFORE. NOW THE LADY TELLS ME I HAVE TO GIVE HER MY 28.00 AND MY DRIVERS LICENCE UNTILL I GIVE HER TWO MORE DOLLARS. I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF SUCH!!! I WILL NOT GO BACK!! SHE SAID THEY WERE NOT MAKING ENOUGH MONEY BEFORE AND HAD SPENT ALOT FOR US, HOW MUCH DOES MUD COST? LET'S DO THE MATH......
I WOULD HAVE TO GUESS 7500 PEOPLE CAME AND WENT SATURDAY 7500 X 30.00= 225,000.00 FOR ONE DAY, NOT INCLUDING SUNDAY. IF THERE IS 20 ACRES OF MUD TO PLAY IN THAT EQUALS 11,250.00 PER ACRE' PER DAY TO RENT US MUD!!! DONT GET ME WRONG I AM THANKFULL FOR SOMEONE OPENING THIER LAND TO US AND 15.00 OR EVEN 20.00 IS MORE THAN A FAIR PRICE TO PAY FOR A DAY OF RIDING, BUT TO DOUBLE THE PRICE TRYING TO CAPITALIZE ON ATVERS THAT ENJOY MUD AND HAVE LIMMITED SPOTS TO RIDE IS IN MY OPINION WRONG. THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD TIMES IN THE PAST MSG, BUT YOU WILL NOT GET 120.00 FOR ME AND MY FAMILY TO PLAY IN YOUR MUD FOR ONE DAY!!!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 09:27:32 AM by SWAMP_DONKEY » Logged
4xPlay

Official Honda Recovery Unit

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 08:23:19 AM »

I was out there Sat from about 10:30am until about 6:30 or 7pm and It didnt seem as though there were any more then 2000+/- out there all day......I think they  may have shot themselves in the foot when they raised the price,I was also wondering what the price of mud was going for these days too,also found alot of areas fenced off that wasnt before,so lets see here,they raised the price,and took away riding area......I'm not saying anything.......I'm just sayin'

Underhills/714/Bamboo fest is about 45-60 mins closer to me and 20.00 cheaper......Want to take a guess where i'm going?

'05 Grizzly,29.5x12x12 outlaws,Gorilla axles,2in. lift,maxxis 8 spoke wheels,lift springs(highlifter),1in widetrac spacers in front,k&n,prefilter,super trapp,dynojet,Power
Now,Warn 2.5,all brushed alum. bash plates(yamaha),custom graphics,self leveling beverage holder.

2001 Road King Clas
zilla954

THE MUD STUD!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 08:42:53 AM »

I'm not saying anything.......I'm just sayin'  

LOVEDOC's are the best

I would rather give my $$ to the Underhills also.

Tim
2005 Suzuki Eiger, 1990 lt500r,
1984 atc 200x, 1983 atc 185s
1998 zx9r, 1983 yz 490 -for sale
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/zilla954/eigersig2.jpg
4xPlay

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 09:54:31 AM »

I'm not saying anything.......I'm just sayin'  

LOVEDOC's are the best

I would rather give my $$ to the Underhills also.

Was wondering if anyone would pick up on that line,yeah I stole it from Dr Rich

'05 Grizzly,29.5x12x12 outlaws,Gorilla axles,2in. lift,maxxis 8 spoke wheels,lift springs(highlifter),1in widetrac spacers in front,k&n,prefilter,super trapp,dynojet,Power
Now,Warn 2.5,all brushed alum. bash plates(yamaha),custom graphics,self leveling beverage holder.

2001 Road King Clas
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2005, 01:43:16 PM »

4X , YES YOU MAY BE RIGHT, BUT IF YOU WATCHED THE GATE YOU WOULD HAVE NOTICED A STEADY STREAM OF PEOPLE COMING AND GOING ALL DAY...ALL OF THEM PAYING TO GET IN! LETS ASSUME ONLY 5000 PAID ALL DAY SAT AND SAT NITE, THAT STILL AMOUNTS TO 150,000.00 FOR ONE DAY NOT A BAD INTAKE FOR ONE DAYS WORK (GOUGE). WHAT IF THIS HAPPEND...5000 X 20.00=100,000.00 FOR ONE DAY, AND MORE PALLETABLE THAN 30.00. LETS FACE IT AT 20.00 PER PERSON THEY WOULD STILL MAKE 100K PER DAY, I THINK IT WILL KEEP THEM OUT OF POVERTY. Lips Sealed MAYBY THEY THINK THEY ARE SELLING GAS!!!
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2005, 04:53:02 PM »

I figure it was about $1 per nipple I saw!
$30 is too much. I won't be going back and niether will my 6 friends and families that went.
mudmaster, you said you were tired of being ripped off before by those that paid for Sat and then stayed all weekend. I kind of feel the same way now. I must first say that nobody MADE me go and pay $30. And I had a good time.
I KNOW for a fact I was ripped off the last time on Sunday when I was charged $25 when all of the flyers said $15 on Sunday. DAC was long gone.
So when I left this Sat night, I thought it was bad biz.
A pig gets fat; a hog gets slaughtered.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 05:17:34 PM by stolen » Logged

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
4xPlay

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2005, 06:13:59 PM »

Stolen....wow imagine that we agree on something,lol........so you saw 30 nipps huh,I must have been in the wrong place at the wrong time all day.......I need to head to the dollar store and get me some beads!!!

2001 Road King Clas
500runner

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2005, 06:22:18 PM »

i agree  $30.00 to play in a mud hole !!!!!! you can go to HOLLEY LAND and do that for free!!!!  if they would really make it a ATV park with trails to ride on and mud pits it might be worth it. but to close off the back area and you can only ride in the mud pit that just boring to me. there is just so much MUDDING you can do riding in the same pit! and for $30.00 they can shove there mud pit up the @ss.  ICROSS better take note of atvers needs. or they will be out of the MUDDING business soon!!!!!!!! Angry
SoFlaEiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2005, 06:22:31 PM »

I also agree...i had a blast this weekend but it wasn't worth $30.

I don't know how long it will be open either.  I witnessed (and helped) a kid that fell out of a truck with a drunk driver and ended up breaking his neck and was airlifted to st mary's in wpb.

And on the way to our camp (the kid was at our camp being treated), the paramedics stopped to help ANOTHER person who fell off a buggy and broke his collarbone.

One underage girl had alcohol poisoning and i heard some nasty rumors about taking advantage of drunk women out there.

I had a great time though in the mud and all, but by Sunday, 4-wheelers couldn't go through everything.  It seemed like everytime we would find a mud hole, it would take 20 minutes before all the trucks came and ripped it up so that we couldn't go through it anymore.

There were two pits that should have been designated FOURWHEELER only pits but nope.

And the dust was way too much man....and one lane entrance/exit is RIDICULOUS.  It took me 15 minutes to get out saturday to go get some diesel.  And then when leaving today, I was driving the trailer out and this lady just stops in the middle of hte gate and doesn't get out of her car or anything.  I keep driving and stop about 30ft in front of her and wave her through.  The guy at the gate bangs on my window yelling at me "BAKC THE f**k UP AND LET HER IN".  I was like "DUUUDE, i just waved her through for hte past 100ft...if she's gonna stop in the middle of the f**k**g gate, then she can back up and let me out!"

grrr that aggrevates me.

anyways, i'll probably goto underhills next time for $10 and more land without crazy assholes doing 45-50mph on 2-strokes in the parking area or the holey lands for FREE, or maybe river ranch with some new friends i met.
500runner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2005, 06:35:52 PM »

yep, that place is done, wait unitil the county gets involed for under age drinking, rape charges. then the TREE HUGGERS for land damage. not to forget the lawers, that will try to get some $$$$$$$$$  some one has to pay for that chopper ride the the hospitail and all the other med bills.  ICROSS put up your sign.  LAND  FORSALE!!!!!!!!!!!!  
SoFlaEiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2005, 06:51:59 PM »

yep, that place is done, wait unitil the county gets involed for under age drinking, rape charges. then the TREE HUGGERS for land damage. not to forget the lawers, that will try to get some $$$$$$$$$  some one has to pay for that chopper ride the the hospitail and all the other med bills.  ICROSS put up your sign.  LAND  FORSALE!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Ya, if they would have spent that money on some real police officers rather than the rent-a-cops that were roaming around, maybe the underage drinking could have been stopped.  I dont thinK I had ONE cop ask me for ID or ask anyone else for ID and i saw some people that were REALLY REALLY young!
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2005, 07:05:57 PM »

WOW I WAS NOT AWARE OF SOMEONE GETTING HURT, I HOPE THE KID MAKES IT W/O BEING PARALIZED. THE UNDERAGE DRINKING WAS WAY OUT OF HAND LONG BEFORE THIS WEEKEND, 30.00 OR FREE THE MINORS DRINKING HAS TO STOP!!
4xPlay

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2005, 07:07:33 PM »

Swamp_donkey..........you opened up some can of worms here.....lol

2001 Road King Clas
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2005, 07:16:26 PM »

4X, THAT WAS NOT MY INTENTION!!! I ONLY WISHED TO SHARE MY OPINION ON WHAT USED TO BE A GREAT PLACE TO TAKE THE FAMILY AND YOUR FRIENDS. IT IS NO LONGER A PLACE FOR PEOPLE TO RIDE, ITS A PARTY THAT HAS GOTTEN OUT OF HAND, IT REMINDS ME OF THE 12 HOURS OF SEBRING INTHE GREEN PARK AREA. NO I CANT SAY THAT, SEBRING IS A FIVE DAY RACE EVENT THAT IS UNDER PRICED FOR WHAT YOU GET!!! NO COMPARISON ....SORRY!
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2005, 07:23:55 PM »

Nothing is perfect. I hope they aren't held responsible for drunken behavior. People must take responsiblity for themselves. (Hmmm... I have to modify this because I am on the fence. Underage drinking, freely being ignored is unacceptable. Something/somebody has to control this. What/who it is, I don't know?)
I don't wish ill will towards lcross. I am glad they provide a place to ride. I do see they did a lot of work in one month. They are good people and deserve to be talked about as such.
$30 is to much for one day. Thats all I'm sayin'
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 07:30:28 PM by stolen » Logged

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
SoFlaEiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2005, 07:33:00 PM »

and thats all im saying too.  There is always going to be accidents and mis-haps, no matter what you're doing.  

I had a blast this weekend and I loved being there and I met a bunch of new people, but $30 is a bit steep.  I ended up spending close to $200 this weekend between gas/diesel, groceries, and entry...and taht was just for me (well, me and one other person  :-/ )

It's a bit expensive when I could be at underhills, which is much bigger, for a third the price.
Truegrit

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2005, 07:48:04 PM »

First off by 4pm Sat the mud throughout the place is virtuallu impassable to ATVs, due to the trucks, but they have to have their fun too.

Second the under age drinking... My friends had their whiskey confiscated at the gate because the could not produce ID to prove they were over 21 (17 & 20 y/o). That was good on the Park's part.

As far asthe $30, which this debate seems to go on and on. Is it worth it??? Yes, overall we had a good time. We were VERY dissappointed the mud bogg event was canceled. The "new improved" mud pit was dissapointing, there were not enough plae to get in and out at. It needs more water, that creates huge ruts and thick sticky muck because it dries out too fast.

As far as underage drinking. It happens at my camp. Yes at my camp. Not on the trails, I don't thick it is that big of a deal. We simply take the ATV keys away from the kids (17y/o+) and tell them they can not leave camp once they start drinking.  You cannot expect any park to be abl eto police underage drinkng 100%. It is too hard judge age nowadays. People, parents and freinds need to do a better job ob policing themselves and their families first, regardingthis subject.

The new raods were good. Although they mab be two laned for VW bugs they are not wide enough for two full sized trucks with trailers to pass with ease. The entrance gates (at the Hwy & mud pit) need to be wider to allow better and SAFER flow of two way traffic.

They (L-Cross) are relativly new at this game, and Mud Master is trying, I see him hustling around a lot out there, but I think his support staff needs to be a bit more effective. Security (enforce the speed limits), and the park staff, and gatekeepers all have room for improvment. I will be unable to attend  the next couple events, but I look forward to see the progress the event has made in a couple months.

Sorry for the long post.

'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
http://www.hondaforeman.com/
SoFlaEiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2005, 08:05:46 PM »

hey grit, i agree with you.  it should be up to the parents to monitor children, but when 18 year olds are there with no supervision, then it becomes impossible.  the kid i saw was 18 and by himself with a group of friends (all trashed and driving around).

The kid driving the truck wasn't even reprimanded and he came out of the truck with a beer IN HAND to talk to the cop!!!

As for the roads, they're way too dusty and that sugar sand in the beginning is rough stuff.  When I came in with a double axle trailer, two bikes and a trailer load of pallets, i almost got stuck when i had to stop at the gate on my radials and a 2wd diesel.

I know mudmaster was trying hard and I gave him a thumbs up when i was leaving because i did have ALOT of fun.  I just think he needs to re-think the price.  He would have a much much better turn out.

Oh and let me tell you, wilburz will back me up on this: that SCAVENGER Hunt is the BIGGEST LIABILITY I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!  Sending off 13 bikes down a dirt road with rocks/shells mixed in to race down 1/2 a mile is ABSURD!!!  I got hit with so many rocks, I couldn't see CRAP, and if I would have decided to stop and bail, I would have gotten REEMED by another ATV that couldn't see either!

And the scavenger hunt was over before 90% of the bikes even got down to the place where it was hidden at.

wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2005, 07:43:08 AM »

Looks like they did alot of digging but I don't know why. They put a dike around the mudpit. wow! I do know some people found out the hard way when they tried to cross some of the ditches that were dug out and not posted with a sign. Almost 10 feet deep and full of water. Good way to ruin a truck or atv.
I think they should let people exit out of the original entrance that was closed and enter at the new gate. That makes sense to me.
All that money that was collected and they could not rent a damn water truck or two? Would have been real nice not to have to choke on that damn dust for two days. It was real bad.

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
SoFlaEiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2005, 08:50:15 AM »

when i got in my truck, i started crying because my eyes watered up so bad from the dust in my eyelids, and the two or three tears my eyes dropped were almost black!  I looked like i was wearing eyeliner!!

and the ditches are RIDICULOUS!!
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2005, 09:59:15 AM »

Last month it was $25 for every person. It cost me $75 for me and my two kids. Ages 11 and 12. Cannot do that every month. Plus I drove 4-1/2 hours one way. Should have some family discounts or 15 and under free beings that most kids cannot get a job before they turn 16.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2005, 10:29:29 AM »

Glad we did not go, I have a hard time paying that much to play in a mud hole  Angry  The best part was being able to go out in the pastures and get away from all of the crazies, but with that closed down... not worth it.  I know its all about the "Event" to meet up with people and camp/party but come on 30.00 a head (no matter how old) to get in and it does not matter if you stay 3 days of 4 hours  [smiley=banghead.gif]

My $60.00 went to better use this weekend  [smiley=Approve.gif]

500runner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2005, 08:13:21 PM »

there needs to be a atv only weekend there! truck &buggies dont mix well with ATVS. and when there drinking allowed  there always going to be problems!!!  
Shotgun
Supreme Member

2003 Yamaha Kodiak, 2004 Suzuki Eiger, 2007 Seadoo

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2005, 10:29:18 PM »

I also agree...i had a blast this weekend but it wasn't worth $30.

I don't know how long it will be open either.  I witnessed (and helped) a kid that fell out of a truck with a drunk driver and ended up breaking his neck and was airlifted to st mary's in wpb.

And on the way to our camp (the kid was at our camp being treated), the paramedics stopped to help ANOTHER person who fell off a buggy and broke his collarbone.

One underage girl had alcohol poisoning and i heard some nasty rumors about taking advantage of drunk women out there.

I had a great time though in the mud and all, but by Sunday, 4-wheelers couldn't go through everything.  It seemed like everytime we would find a mud hole, it would take 20 minutes before all the trucks came and ripped it up so that we couldn't go through it anymore.

There were two pits that should have been designated FOURWHEELER only pits but nope.

And the dust was way too much man....and one lane entrance/exit is RIDICULOUS.  It took me 15 minutes to get out saturday to go get some diesel.  And then when leaving today, I was driving the trailer out and this lady just stops in the middle of hte gate and doesn't get out of her car or anything.  I keep driving and stop about 30ft in front of her and wave her through.  The guy at the gate bangs on my window yelling at me "BAKC THE f**k UP AND LET HER IN".  I was like "DUUUDE, i just waved her through for hte past 100ft...if she's gonna stop in the middle of the f**k**g gate, then she can back up and let me out!"

grrr that aggrevates me.

anyways, i'll probably goto underhills next time for $10 and more land without crazy assholes doing 45-50mph on 2-strokes in the parking area or the holey lands for FREE, or maybe river ranch with some new friends i met.

Wow, drunk, underage girls to be taken advantage of? Count me in!
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2005, 05:27:08 PM »

THATS NICE SHOTGUN. Angry
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com