Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Riding the land next to Madill AFB???  (Read 4694 times)
Bodydrp70

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 30, 2007, 07:55:59 PM »

I have been riding there alot. never had a problem until this week. For the first time the cops came. they told us that someone in the new houses they are building by there called and complained. it is city land but they never cared abotu peolpe riding there. the cop was really cool he just said he was sorry but he had to entertain the call but he said what we need to do is to pettition the city to let us sign waviers or something and let us be able to ride there. anyone ever ride there? or any ideas how to pettition the city I have no idea were to start.
thanx in advance
Paul

06 TRX 450R
Bodydrp70

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 10:40:32 PM »

any ideas or advice??? where to start???

06 TRX 450R
KB

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 12:21:31 PM »

Never rode their but I think i know where your talking about.
 Is it the dead end of Westshore by the old Port Tampa junk yard ?

If you live around their LOCK YOUR BIKE UP REALLY REALLY GOOD.

As far as a petition I don't think you'll have much luck.
 I live in Town & Country, there's no place to ride around here either.

There's a little place to ride over by M.O.S.I. (Pepsi Cola)
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 03:05:05 PM »

Never rode their but I think i know where your talking about.
 Is it the dead end of Westshore by the old Port Tampa junk yard ?

If you live around their LOCK YOUR BIKE UP REALLY REALLY GOOD.

As far as a petition I don't think you'll have much luck.
 I live in Town & Country, there's no place to ride around here either.

There's a little place to ride over by M.O.S.I. (Pepsi Cola)

They fenced off the place at MOSI. It is gone, my buddy has been riding there for 20years with never a problem. I have parked my truck & trailer in the state trooper parking lot when a patrol pulled up & did paperwork, he just waved & nodded & we kept riding, but it is GONE NOW!!!!! People stated dumping junk out there, last time we were out there we found an old cut up atm machine.
Bodydrp70

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 05:57:09 PM »

no i don't live out there but i am in the air force so I work over there. I live over in North riverview so if you all know anywhere to ride over here that would be nice. thanx in advance

06 TRX 450R
KB

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 07:37:15 PM »

There's 3 kinda small places still able to ride over their on the south side of fowler.
 Nothin to brag about.
  MOSI bought and fenced that property off to keep people out but they didn't buy all of it.
 I was out there maybe about a month ago.
SkremenGSXR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 12:48:34 AM »

I have rode there since I was in elementary school. We all called it the dump. It has caught alot of attention from TPD due to the fools that bought new houses on swamp and dump land. They said The City owns it and we couldnt ride there any longer. But yet during the Airshow TPD officers were out there watching the show and 4 wheelers and dirt bikes were all over the place. South Tampa has NO spots anymore. I ride at the spot on Fowler by the Pepsi plant and a spot off Faulkenburg Rd.

It's all fun and games til the red and blues come on, then it's a SPORT!
KB

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 10:39:50 AM »

I use to go to Falkenburg about 15 -20 yrs. ago, it was mostly mud trucks, some ATC's & ATV's. It was pretty cool, I remember sometime's a guy would go out there w/ a water truck to make it more muddy, even a dude would take a hot dog cart out there sometimes.
I can't remember exactly were it was at, might be built up know. I remember a 7-11 being down the street & that was about it around there.

That & the powerlines between Tampa Rd. & Tarpon Spgs. Rd. was about the best places to ride around here but guy's were getting too crazy at the powerlines,dudes fighting & ramming there trucks into each other, & shooting high power rifles at the transformer boxes that cost a lot of $$$$.There was a lot of deer out there before cause all the building in Tampa spreading(Town&Country) out they were forced there.
You can't go out there no more or you'll get in trouble, they got strict 'cause of the knucklehead's.
SkremenGSXR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 11:09:06 AM »

The spot off Faulkenburg is not the one ur thinking of. Yeah thats been built up now. If you want to ride at the new spot on Faulkenburg PM me and I  will tell you where to go so that its not in the open forum and it get ruined. Kevin

bhsballer76

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 10:52:13 AM »

The spot off Faulkenburg is not the one ur thinking of. Yeah thats been built up now. If you want to ride at the new spot on Faulkenburg PM me and I  will tell you where to go so that its not in the open forum and it get ruined. Kevin
\

hey man, i sent you a pm. I am new to this site and i am not sure if it got sent or not so just let me know if you got it please. Thanks
SkremenGSXR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 03:45:47 PM »

Dont remember if I responded to you or not?HuhHuh?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com