Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Place To Ride In South Florida!!  (Read 3566 times)
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 29, 2007, 08:31:28 PM »

For those of you who ride Holeylands, you know what a great place it is to ride.  For those that have never been, you don't know what you're missing.  This Saturday, February 3, there is going to be a clean up ride.  We will clean up from 10 to 1 and then ride afterwards.  It's very important that we show the State of Florida how much we care about the environment and particularly, this area.  The girls from ATVMiamiExtreme (specifically miamigirlrider) are trying to get the media involved and have pledged their group's participation and Thrumud has let the FWC know of the event as well.  This is a very worthwhile cause.  It's also a very unique experience; there are few other places that you can take an atv into the fabled 'river of grass' and none that offer the freedom that Holeylands and the Everglades WMA offers.  If for no other reason, come down to experience this riding area while we still have it.  Hope to see you there!   

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 11:04:12 AM »

Tell me how to get there and I will bring my crew.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 02:07:18 PM »

It would be great to have more people there.  From West Palm Beach, take Southern to Belle Glade then down around to South Bay.  Once in South Bay, head south on US-27 to approximately MM47, which is the Broward/Palm Beach County line.  There is a bridge there with a large pump house on the east side.  Immediately before the bridge, turn right (west) and go approximately 7 miles where the pavement will end.  A quarter mile past the end of pavement is another bridge with two parking areas, one on either side.  We will be meeting there and cleaning up the surrounding areas.  If we get enough people out there, we can be done and riding in no time at all.  Bring your friends, your rides, some food and drink and have a good time.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 02:12:00 PM »

I'll be there for sure. Hopefully I can bring more a few people. Unfortunately most of my friends work on Saturday.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 05:56:15 PM »

Looking forward to seeing you out there.  Anybody else going to show?  C'mon people!!  We have to start taking a pro-active stance if we are going to keep these areas open.  Does anybody really want to lose Holeylands the way we lost Badluck Prairie?

FINADIC

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 10:22:27 AM »

It's not the trash on the ground thats gonna make them close holyland( it's a good idea what your doing). Its the underage drinking, pot smoking, racing up and down levy's & just reckless behavior that I see every time I'm out there. Kids with no safety gear on jumping the road spinning doughnuts in parking area but kids are kids I blame the parents. 2 weeks ago someone got airlifted out. Fwc told me they are in the middle of major changes out there & we are not gonna like the outcome. Like I said its a great thing your doing trying to show there are responsable people out there. But unfortunately there are more irresponsible people out there.  Cry Cry
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 11:18:19 AM by FINADIC » Logged
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 09:30:37 PM »

FWC should spent more of time patrolling the carnage on our state's highways!

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

when are we going riding?

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 05:09:13 PM »

from wat my dad is saying we will be there

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!

http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 05:18:33 PM »

Outstanding!  The more people we can get to show up the better we'll look to the media, the FWC and the State of Florida.  We might even set a good example for the other people that will be out there.

snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

when are we going riding?

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 10:42:48 PM »

what do we need to bring?>

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!

http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 07:09:44 AM »

Bring some trash bags, your ride and any food or drink you might want to consume while you're out there.  Should be a nice day for riding.  See you out there!  I'll have a dump truck out there to haul the trash away.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com