Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Computer Help  (Read 1479 times)
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 28, 2007, 06:08:48 PM »

I know this is a ATV forum but I thought it might be worth a shot. When I click on My Network sometimes my desktop resets, or I get 2 errors (explorer error and Dr Watson Postmortem error) I have bought 2 different laptops... both same problems. I tried to run regsvr32 webvw.dll but it also says error 0x80004005. As far as I am aware windows is up to date and all drivers are up to date. I am at wits end please if anyone can help. Thanks for your time.

T7200 Core 2 Duo
2048 MB Ram
Win XP
100 GB Hard Drive
7900 GS Nvidia video card
Gateway NX860XL

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 11:19:20 PM »

CAUSE
The account that is being used to access the page does not have access to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC registry key.
 Back to the top

RESOLUTION
IMPORTANT: This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256986/EN-US/) Description of the Microsoft Windows Registry

WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
2. Select the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC 
3. On the Security menu, click Permissions.
4. Type the required permissions for the account that is accessing the Web page.
5. Quit Registry Editor.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 04:25:42 PM »

thanks i will try... everytime i click allow then apply, it automatically unclicks itself, i will look into it more though.

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

I found out who my friends are

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 07:15:33 PM »

Hey Swamper,

You need to make sure your logging in as an administrator and not a user to make the changes.

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com