Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holey Lands/Rotenberger W.M.A  (Read 158347 times)
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: April 15, 2007, 09:35:34 AM »

I'm sure that if who ever litters gets a hefty fine he will at least think twice about it before doing it again. This is more about people than it is about the type of bike they ride. I have been out to Croom where the majority of bikes i see are sport quads and I don't see a trash issue. I bet if they made a gate at the entrance and charged a yearly fee and the bikes had to be registered we would get some of this problem solved. That way they can take that money and put a trash can out there and a security guard to monitor at least the parking area and those who go out there with stolen bikes can't get in.

If a gate goes up there, you can be sure no one but hunters and fishermen are getting in it. NO 2 Strokes, I can guarantee you that. This place IS NOT AN ATV PARK, nor is it an MX track. It is a Wildlife Management Area period with pretty open rules.
FWC doesn't have time to chase losers litters around. Their is what 2 - 3 at most out there on the weekends?

The only way the problem YOU guys are describing will be cured is to ban riding on the levys over 5 mph., and enforce it hardcore, or hire a guy to clean the parking area every Monday morning.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
mud.junkie

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: April 16, 2007, 08:26:30 AM »

Holey lands is the only place to ride in S. Florida that has the mud and swamp that all of us with 4x4 quads enjoy.I have to agree with Jackle on there is very little trash if any where we ride.( no i have not riden with jackle as far as i know) All down the levy and on the trails my god it's like a flipping dump. Now i am sure some come from the 4x4's can't blame the sport guys for everything.With that said,it's like 2 differant places out there.We need to keep it CLEAN!!!
I do like the idea of fining people for littering and the idea of having only registered bikes out there, ie: OHV stickers. I would go as far to bet if that happened 1/2 the sport quads would dissapear from there and more than half the trash. I have 3 bikes and all are registered (1 for sale).

I have even thought of making a sign up and posting it saying that all vehicles entering Holeylands/Rothen must have Fl registration or you may lose your vehicle. I was advised not to do that by a local law enforcement officer.

Anyways let keep the place clean and safe and Lets be RESPONSIBLE
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: April 16, 2007, 11:53:05 AM »

Holey lands is the only place to ride in S. Florida that has the mud and swamp that all of us with 4x4 quads enjoy.I have to agree with Jackle on there is very little trash if any where we ride.( no i have not riden with jackle as far as i know) All down the levy and on the trails my god it's like a flipping dump. Now i am sure some come from the 4x4's can't blame the sport guys for everything.With that said,it's like 2 differant places out there.We need to keep it CLEAN!!!
I do like the idea of fining people for littering and the idea of having only registered bikes out there, ie: OHV stickers. I would go as far to bet if that happened 1/2 the sport quads would dissapear from there and more than half the trash. I have 3 bikes and all are registered (1 for sale).

I have even thought of making a sign up and posting it saying that all vehicles entering Holeylands/Rothen must have Fl registration or you may lose your vehicle. I was advised not to do that by a local law enforcement officer.

Anyways let keep the place clean and safe and Lets be RESPONSIBLE

It's not the only place. Big Cypress is an alternative which I think you would like. Macs as well.. Smiley

River Ranch is also awesome.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
bftclub

where's the mud at?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: April 16, 2007, 07:12:05 PM »

you said it jackyl,,only losers litter.............i'm 100% for the gate and only letting registered bikes out there,that would be a start..i wouldn't mind paying $ 50.00 per year per bike out there,would be a great start in getting more fwc guys out there..i have 3 utes,that would be 150.00 from me each year times that by the 100,000 plus recreational vehicles listed for this area,thats a hefty start to insuring our riding area remains open
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: April 16, 2007, 07:51:22 PM »

3 months of zero-tolerance enforcement would do the trick.  The only problem is that FWC has better things to do than be professional baby-sitters and then spend hundreds of hours in court making certain that the thousands of tickets that would be written were prosecuted.  I am TIRED, TIRED, TIRED of this sh*t.  The most agonizing thing is the guilty will be the ones crying the loudest.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
TRX470r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: April 16, 2007, 10:10:26 PM »

On a positive note even with all the losers out there that don't give a damn. I have met some really cool people out riding. It's nice to know that there are some good and friendly people left out there. Most of the people i have encountered at Holey Land or even the MX track for that matter have been really friendly. It just makes the day that much better. I just hope that we all stick together and not only make sure Holey Land stays open but that we get more land to ride at.

05' Honda TRX450r  FTR #8  +30C
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: April 17, 2007, 08:47:46 AM »

On a positive note even with all the losers out there that don't give a damn. I have met some really cool people out riding. It's nice to know that there are some good and friendly people left out there. Most of the people i have encountered at Holey Land or even the MX track for that matter have been really friendly. It just makes the day that much better. I just hope that we all stick together and not only make sure Holey Land stays open but that we get more land to ride at.

In the field, all 99% of the riders you meet are cool. It is on the internet where people get rude...must be the stuck at home thing....

miassmaro98

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: April 17, 2007, 11:19:21 PM »

well maybe we can setup a volunteer date to clean up and prove to them we can protec our few legal riding areas

2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----
TRX470r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: April 18, 2007, 12:01:50 PM »

I am up for a clean up ride. But we can't continue to clean up other peoples mess. I say we start calling people on it. Start treating this place like our house and if we see anyone making a mess or doing stupid things we should tell them to stop. There are only a handful of people that do not follow the rules, the majority of the people are there to have a good time and follow the rules.

05' Honda TRX450r  FTR #8  +30C
miassmaro98

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: April 18, 2007, 12:48:36 PM »

i rode yesterday and saw so much garbage,i even  pick up couple of broken beer bottles

2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: April 21, 2007, 01:47:35 PM »

Well guys, the areas I ride are being cleaned by mother nature as we speak. Maybe DOF should do a weekly burn of the parking lot.

chewybangbang

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: April 22, 2007, 05:50:05 PM »

are they still having that event the first of may
EigerGuy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: April 25, 2007, 02:41:56 PM »

just curious about the garbage thing i plan on bringing a garbage can out 2 a spot i normally park at, i don't plan on leaving any garbage in it, but so that others can put their trash somewhere and take it when they leave, if people do that will it help the situation at all if a few others do the same thing?Huh?

LOL, so this is your can??

You will notice the lack of all this trash I am hearing about. Damn vultures were making a mess around the can. it needs a lid.

lol, not what i had in mind, looks like ill bring and leave with my own can

02-05 Eiger Lift Kits Availabe PMME, i also think they will fit the 06 and 07

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254
worms

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: April 25, 2007, 04:20:10 PM »

really and truly its the scumbags that decide to camp by the mudpit and the lake that leave all their s&*t lying around when they leave...i even saw a drum set out there 2 weeks ago...they have no respect for the area. and alot of them are people in their late teens who go out there to party and what not....the sad fact is there is nothing we can do on a constant basis to keep people from trashing the place nor is it a situation that FWC wants to deal with....i think they will soon shut it donw to us riding out there and that sucks cause it really is a fun day with the family and friends out there......also whats going on with the fires out there...i know they are not burning anymore but are they letting riders out there now.....i heard no riders allowed for a little while......can anyone shed any light on that cause we were gonna ride this weekend?
bftclub

where's the mud at?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: April 25, 2007, 06:35:14 PM »

i rode sat.afternoon.fwc says only on the north side are we allowed to ride for now
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: April 26, 2007, 10:12:47 AM »

i rode sat.afternoon.fwc says only on the north side are we allowed to ride for now

It is all good now. Everything is open.

bftclub

where's the mud at?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: May 05, 2007, 04:20:16 PM »

as worms has stated,over by the lake where people camp out is terrible,the amount of garbage left behind...no respect!!
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: May 05, 2007, 06:27:01 PM »

as worms has stated,over by the lake where people camp out is terrible,the amount of garbage left behind...no respect!!

Honestly, it has always been like that. 20 years ago you would be dodging washing machines and refrigerators.
The airboat/fulltrack and hunters have that place pretty safe from loss I understand.

A very good portion of the trash everyone is mad about these days comes from kids partying out there at night. Heck, I did it when I was 16, but no one cared about beer cans and plastic bags because dump trucks were flooding the place with REAL garbage.

It is closed now because it is a major tinderbox right now. I rode it Friday and was afraid to have a cigarette.
It is for your own protection that it is closed, trust me when i say you do not want to be in the middle of a sawgrass fire...been there. It will reopen when it rains. Everyone relax...and take your trash home with you.

I've been seeing FWC start to get on those punks now latley also.

worms

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: May 08, 2007, 03:29:16 PM »

lets hope so.....i started riding out there in september and the trash situation wasnt anything like it is now.....
CAMEferYERdaughter

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: May 11, 2007, 12:32:16 AM »

is it open yet?
HVYHLR53

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: May 11, 2007, 01:11:00 AM »

is it open yet?

No, not enough people doing the rain dance.

2006 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Honda Rincon 680 - Mine
2006 Honda Rancher 350 - Hers
2006 Carter Talon GX150IIR - Mini Hers
2005 Honda Recon 250 - Mini Hers
2004 Harley RoadKing FLHPI - Mine
2003 Airboat "Glades" SB Chevy 350 5 Blade Warp Drive

"If my signal is flashing, Im not asking permission"
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: May 11, 2007, 08:18:31 AM »

is it open yet?

No, not enough people doing the rain dance.

I wish you guys would get on that. Macs is perfect now FYI.

hondarider450r

honda trx450r

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: May 11, 2007, 11:07:10 AM »

yea its perfect for 4x4 not sport quads

'07 HONDA TRX450ER
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: May 16, 2007, 01:54:21 AM »

yea its perfect for 4x4 not sport quads

Macks was perfect for sport quads up until today, and in a few days it probably will be again.
I am told little kids were running 90's two miles south of the boat ramp.

The Holeylands has been taking some rain, I believe it will be open soon, and Macks will be airboat country once again.

EigerGuy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: May 17, 2007, 01:24:29 AM »

ya i went 2 macks sunday with my 4x4 it was so dry i was scared 2 ride threw the trails and start anoter fire, so i stayed on the levys away from the grass

02-05 Eiger Lift Kits Availabe PMME, i also think they will fit the 06 and 07

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com