Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holey Lands/Rotenberger W.M.A  (Read 158388 times)
worms

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2006, 12:38:32 AM »

depends on what you ride.....i got stuck like twice today but thats the point.....right?.....

i was out there today too.....they opened up the south side on friday but i was just playing in the mud pit today.....i was bullshitting  with the ranger there today and he didnt mention anything about that to me......what time were you there?
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: October 22, 2006, 05:32:54 PM »

The rule changed for 06-07. Up until last year, ATVs were prohibited until the end of coot season in late January. Now, you can legally-operate ATVs after general gun-walk season ends on 29 October. http://myfwc.com/hunting/wma/2006-07/South/HOLEY_LAND.pdf
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 05:39:33 PM by AintSkeered » Logged

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
worms

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: October 22, 2006, 08:22:06 PM »

was out there again todaY......some guy and a lady must have crashed into each other or something cause they had to be airlifted out by the sheriff.
worms

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: October 22, 2006, 10:25:01 PM »

there was BSO, fire trucks, ambulance, and the sheriff chopper there and instead of turning off the bikes and letting them do their jobs the idiots out there were zooming past them and spraying dust everywhere.....the cops were getting pissed off....i dont blame them
Rotaxian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: October 23, 2006, 12:52:05 PM »

The entrance is north of the canal (In Palm Beach).  Does anyone know what County that falls in?

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference to the world, but the Marines don't have that problem..." President Ronald Reagan

Bombardier 400HOxt
FR125 Rotax Minimax (crewchief)
worms

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: October 24, 2006, 12:35:12 AM »

there were BSO officers there...so its prolly borderline and whichever county can get there first i would assume
Rotaxian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: October 27, 2006, 08:58:52 PM »

Rideable for tomorrow?

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference to the world, but the Marines don't have that problem..." President Ronald Reagan

Bombardier 400HOxt
FR125 Rotax Minimax (crewchief)
worms

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: October 27, 2006, 09:32:38 PM »

i was there earlier and ill be there tommorow
MuddyGirlatTheHump

Dirty Pretty Things!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: November 01, 2006, 12:09:52 PM »

Has the water gone down out there?

JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: November 03, 2006, 10:06:01 AM »

Has the water gone down out there?

Good question, and can you ride both sides?

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
s214

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: November 08, 2006, 06:13:53 AM »

Question for Aintskeered and Thrumud. A friend was out at holeyland this past sat. night and was told by a game warden they were turning the holeylands into an Atv Park. He said the construction going on east of the parking area is for a welcome center and bathrooms. Anyone else here this? I ask these two guys because they seem to be in the know on these things.javascript:void(0);
Cool
HVYHLR53

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: November 08, 2006, 05:15:27 PM »

I seriously doubt that they will put a welcome center in the middle of nowhere. It sure would be nice to have the bathrooms though.

2006 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Honda Rincon 680 - Mine
2006 Honda Rancher 350 - Hers
2006 Carter Talon GX150IIR - Mini Hers
2005 Honda Recon 250 - Mini Hers
2004 Harley RoadKing FLHPI - Mine
2003 Airboat "Glades" SB Chevy 350 5 Blade Warp Drive

"If my signal is flashing, Im not asking permission"
worms

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: November 08, 2006, 05:29:23 PM »

bathrooms arent needed.....i bring the kids port a potty and go in that
miamigirlrider

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: November 08, 2006, 05:36:45 PM »

I can answer that since I pulled copies of the blue prints and spoke to FWC myself, no Holeyland is not going to be turned into an atv park. The construction towards the right where the pavement ends is parking and bathrooms for fishermans and hikers and etc. NOT FOR ATV RIDERS.

We should be behaving extremely good at Holeyland and picking up our trash since many letters are being sent to FWC about complaints of atv riders riding where people have spent the entire day waiting to hunt or about trash or beer bottles.

I have a copy of the letter if anyone wants to actually see it.

We must do our best to save what little we have.

HVYHLR53

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: November 08, 2006, 06:57:21 PM »

I can answer that since I pulled copies of the blue prints and spoke to FWC myself, no Holeyland is not going to be turned into an atv park. The construction towards the right where the pavement ends is parking and bathrooms for fishermans and hikers and etc. NOT FOR ATV RIDERS.

We should be behaving extremely good at Holeyland and picking up our trash since many letters are being sent to FWC about complaints of atv riders riding where people have spent the entire day waiting to hunt or about trash or beer bottles.

I have a copy of the letter if anyone wants to actually see it.

We must do our best to save what little we have.

Yes, we should be a bit more cleaner. Arguing about the mess at Holey Lands is pointless at this point. Every weekend the trash gets higher and higher. The hunters can complain all they want about us riding where they are hunting. We pay taxes just like they do and have just as much right to be there as they do. The state has helped them by limiting the ATVs to not going off the Levee during hunt season.

Now, as far as the bathrooms go. The state cant build a bathroom with our tax dollars and only allow the fishermen and hikers to use it. What are they going to do, Put a big sign up that says "No ATVers.... Bathrooms for the non existant hikers and fishermen only"?

Lets be realistic....that area will be flooded with ATVs the minute it opens.

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: November 08, 2006, 10:23:44 PM »

Yes, it's a pig stye of trash out there and it's left mostly by ATVers. What are we waiting for, folks? Do we need more law enforcement in our business to control trash and recklessness? I hope not because that costs money and all I hear is people complaining about the cost for visiting Croom, River Ranch and the proposed fees for ONF.

worms

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: November 09, 2006, 06:28:53 PM »

the trash is left mostly by the people who go out and ride occansionally...i go out there alot with hvyhlr and we pick up our trash...as well as the other usual people that i see there...last weekend there were jugs of acid out there..,WTF is that?

honestly there isnt much trash on the trasils that i have seen...mainly in the parking area.

aint much we can do about it except do cleanup rides there every so often.

HVYHLR53

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: November 19, 2006, 09:37:19 PM »

I know there has been confusion on when we are allowed to ride our ATVs off the Levees. Here it is right from the Holey Land WMA handbook.

"During the archery, muzzleloading gun and general gun-walk seasons, only ATVs are permitted for hunting. All other vehicles are prohibited in the area except that vehicles are allowed to operate on the L-5 and Miami Canal Levees."

I have read the book 10 times and It is clear that we are only restricted during these seasons. General Gun Vehicle season is now over (Nov 19th) as also our restriction. The area south of the high Levee has been burning all weekend which should clear us some good paths and the ground is starting to dry up.

Also,   

"No person shall operate any all-terrain vehicle, motorized two-wheeled vehicle, or motorized three-wheeled vehicle unless it is equipped with an orange flag at least 10 inches wide and 12 inches long and displayed at a minimum height of 6 feet above the top of the seat."

I got surprised with this a couple of months ago, the only flags I could find were the triangle ones. To this day no FWC officer has said anything about it, but a fellow ATVer today said that a friend of his has recently received a ticket for it.

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: November 19, 2006, 10:59:01 PM »

I'll take a ride out there early Turkey Day morning and post my recon for you girls! Smiley

JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: November 20, 2006, 08:56:33 AM »

I'll take a ride out there early Turkey Day morning and post my recon for you girls! Smiley

I went Saturday. It is still wet. Smiley Got some good pictures of the fires forestry service was starting to drive the animals west for the hunters.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: November 23, 2006, 09:48:45 AM »

Turkey Day Recon Report: Just got back. It's drying up. Lots of spots look okay for Utes, but, it'll be another 1-2 weeks before most people, including Sport bikers will enjoy it.

HVYHLR53

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: November 29, 2006, 12:38:59 PM »

To the idiot who stole my ramps from the back of my truck Tuesday night the 28th.

Its the first time I forgot my lock and chain but figured it would be ok. I parked in the south parking area pointing towards the levee. There was only 2 people fishing on the bridge and you, who we passed back by the pump house. The person that I was with happens to be an acquaintance of yours and recognized you right away. You also do business with a person who is in the next building over in the warehouse area. We didn't see anyone else out there last night at all and we were only gone for a couple of hours. The odds here are 50/50. Do the right thing, you are pretty busted. My bay is E-15, leave them at my bay door or put them in the back of my truck when it is there at night. If I have to buy new ramps for the weekend you will be paying dearly.

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Fwankster

06 Sportman 500 limited w ITP 589

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: November 29, 2006, 05:57:39 PM »

Hello,

I am interested in the Holylands, never been there. Could I get some directions, parking etc....

Any good advice is appreciated

Thanks in advance

I will be there Saturday on 4x4
HVYHLR53

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: November 30, 2006, 12:53:46 AM »

Hello,

I am interested in the Holylands, never been there. Could I get some directions, parking etc....

Any good advice is appreciated

Take US 27 North to Mile Marker 47 and look for the big brown sign in the middle that says "Holey Lands/Rotenberger W.M.A". Make the U-Turn and follow the paved road on the North side of the canal West 5 miles. When the pavement ends there will be parking areas on your left and right side.

The only advice to give is to have fun and take your trash with you when you leave.

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: November 30, 2006, 07:39:10 AM »

Thieves suck! But, the potential consequences of retaliating against someone you can't be certain stole your $100 ramp may cost you a lot more. Buy better ones and secure them. 

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com