Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holey Lands/Rotenberger W.M.A  (Read 158289 times)
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2006, 07:14:13 PM »

Is there any mud out there right now or is it just dirt and dust?? We've finally gotten a new trailer and an F-250 and we want to plan a trip at the end of the month.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2006, 09:04:06 PM »

After all of that rain, we rode from 10pm Saturday night until 4am Sunday. It was all mud, but, very manageable for 4x4s/winches. But, if there's no rain during the next 3 weeks, you'll surely find mostly dust by then and the trails will be endless for all types of bikes.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2006, 07:59:32 PM »

Take whatever road that will take you west to US27. Then go south to the Palm Beach/Broward County line and look for Holwyland/Rotenberger sign.

Are these the best directions? Where to park truck & trailer,check in required with ranger etc? Best gear to have ie: 4X4 whinch,tow strap etc?

Is anyone going down from West Palm area that has been to take a Newbie out in the next few weeks?

Thank's

wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2006, 08:13:21 PM »

YOu should find someone to go out there with from this site. throw a thread out on floridaatv too. some of does folk live down in broward.   

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
Off Rode

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2006, 06:03:27 AM »

New to the board, Old to the area.

I used to hunt out @ Holey land 15 years ago.  Atv's have been allowed out there since & I see it's quite a popular area now.

I was looking the Management Area pamphlet over & noticed it states the area is CLOSED to vehicles from the end of duck/coot season(approx Jan 30 ) thru April 5.

I know that vehicles are allowed on the levees but was wondering if anyone has been riding IN Holeyland or Rotenberger & if the man was giving any probs. Owie

Just tryin to bring myself up to speed...........

Off Rode

They inforced that rule last year and did not allow any ATV's in Holeyland.  However you are still allowed to ride on the south side of the Levee which is the Everglades WMA.  FWC has not posted anything on there website like they did last year talking about Holeylands being closed to ATV's.

I was just wondering.  They have it printed in the pamphlet,  I know this is the time of the year when management areas AREN'T loaded with hunters, but the FWC seems to run by the Luck Of the Draw method of enforcement. Huh

I'll probably head out there Friday 2/10 in the afternoon & ride around some & let the kids stretch their tires !!

Thanx for the info!!

1987 Honda ATC 250sx
2000 Suzuki LTF250F
2000 Yamaha Breeze 125 (Sons)
2000 Yamaha Breeze 125 (Daughters)
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2006, 08:16:44 PM »

Bushwacked, I'm trying to get several folks together for another ride Saturday night. I'll PM you when they commit. You'll need 4x4, we should have enough straps/winches. If the night ride's not going to happen, we do some day riding Saturday afternoon or Sunday. Last Saturday night, we were stopped on the side of the levee and FWC snuck up on us with no lights, using night vision goggles. All he asked us was if we were okay(since we were stopped and having a drink or twelve).

Off Rode

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2006, 10:57:59 PM »

Bushwacked, I'm trying to get several folks together for another ride Saturday night. I'll PM you when they commit. You'll need 4x4, we should have enough straps/winches. If the night ride's not going to happen, we do some day riding Saturday afternoon or Sunday. Last Saturday night, we were stopped on the side of the levee and FWC snuck up on us with no lights, using night vision goggles. All he asked us was if we were okay(since we were stopped and having a drink or twelve).

Wow !! Shocked Seems like alot of technology to use on JOYRIDERS!!! Huh

I'm sure somewhere there's a terrorist laughing to death !!! Owie

Glad to be a TAXPAYER..............

1987 Honda ATC 250sx
2000 Suzuki LTF250F
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2006, 07:01:50 AM »

It's difficult for FWC to sneak up on poachers in the pitch black darkness with their lights on. This is a wildlife management area. I'm thinking that's a tough job for one cop to come up on 8 men in the middle of the woods, many miles away from witnesses.

Off Rode

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2006, 10:08:20 AM »

It's difficult for FWC to sneak up on poachers in the pitch black darkness with their lights on. This is a wildlife management area. I'm thinking that's a tough job for one cop to come up on 8 men in the middle of the woods, many miles away from witnesses.

You're right, it is a tough job.  I'm just venting some of my past experiences with the commission.  Probably also why I hunt ON A LEASE IN GEORGIA Grin

Just need to get my ridin fix!!

1987 Honda ATC 250sx
2000 Suzuki LTF250F
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2006, 06:38:29 PM »

Okay, no night ride this weekend. However, Me, Steve, Wayne, Wally, Wally Jr., Chad and Larry will be riding Holeyland on Saturday, meeting around 11am @ the pump house. Come one, come all, we'll be doing the northern-most trail and the mud pit.

Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2006, 09:40:45 PM »

Thank's for invite but I just made plans for Okeechobee.I have the prairie 700 4x4 all natural now no ad ons as of yet.Would stock tires fly out there?

dirtyface

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2006, 10:23:02 PM »

Aintskeered, if I don't go to ocala to do the rodman ride I will be there at the holeylands.  Wink

06 Bomb Outlander 800 max xt
27 xtr  type 7 wheels
hmf pipe
08 Polaris Rzr 800

88 250r
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2006, 07:38:03 PM »

Glad dirtyface could join us today. I', now convinced of the Outy 800. Next month. It'll get drier out there by the end of the month, but, that was fun regardless. And, yes, FWC kicked us out of the Holeyland side. It's a $50 fine to ride on that side until 1 May. But, south of the levee(Everglades WMA) is legal. Have fun tomorrow, doubt if I'll make, expecting some rain, then cold and windy.

dirtyface

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2006, 09:50:42 AM »

Ain'tskeered, I enjoyed riding with you and your group yesterday. I had a blast out there  in the mud. Let me know when you guys go again, I'll be there. I will be going  out today but I think I will stay out of that deep mud near the camp. I don't want to get stuck out there in the cold. Talk to you soon. Wink

27 xtr  type 7 wheels
hmf pipe
08 Polaris Rzr 800

88 250r
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2006, 03:17:51 PM »

Where do you park in holeylands? We've got an F-250 SuperCrew along with a 25' long trailer and we were looking with google earth and can't find anywhere to park where we'd be able to turn around aswell.

dirtyface

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2006, 08:53:20 PM »

Plenty of parking, you will see it when you drive in.

27 xtr  type 7 wheels
hmf pipe
08 Polaris Rzr 800

88 250r
bigred1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2006, 04:25:24 PM »

would someone please give me directions from port st lucie..so i can join in the fun down south..
aztecwarrior

The final Warrior

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2006, 06:21:35 PM »

whats up everyone, new guy here... just wanted to put this out there..if anyone is near St. Augustine FL. there two cool tracks to ride at...one is off CR 208, the guy who owns the track owns the local honda shop and lets anyone ride on his track on the weekends, it is a real fun track not to technical and 4-wheeler friendly with some big table tops... the other is off of CR 305 called Tom's Motorcross...it is a very technical track but fast once you get it dialed in...if you would like more info on how to get there or anything else feal free to e-mail me @ bwvillagekey@comcast.net...
thanks everyone...

good riding..............

2001 Yamaha Warrior, 400cc big bore, k&n jet kit, racing chain, DG nerf bars, holeshots all the way around, DG full exhaust, KX style TAG bars, wheel spacers (i know its cheap but it is a warrior) 250r style fender cuts, just got new sprokets
Off Rode

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2006, 05:37:47 AM »

Been out to Holey land/Everglades a handful of times in the past few weeks.  It's quite dry.  Ran a few miles out (Everglades side), slung some mud, kids had a blast. 

I've been out on weekends & weekdays.
One tip I have is:  Don't go TOOO FAR from your truck if you are solo.  I ended up with a 4.5 mile nature walk Huh (weekday) that I had no intention of doing.  It makes you appreciate cruising on your bike ALOT!!

Needless to say, I now have a new WARN winch on the quad !!! Grin

It probably won't be too much longer before the rains fill it in!!

Later,

Off Rode

1987 Honda ATC 250sx
2000 Suzuki LTF250F
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2006, 07:51:35 PM »

Been out to Holey land/Everglades a handful of times in the past few weeks.  It's quite dry.  Ran a few miles out (Everglades side), slung some mud, kids had a blast. 

I've been out on weekends & weekdays.
One tip I have is:  Don't go TOOO FAR from your truck if you are solo.  I ended up with a 4.5 mile nature walk Huh (weekday) that I had no intention of doing.  It makes you appreciate cruising on your bike ALOT!!

Needless to say, I now have a new WARN winch on the quad !!! Grin

It probably won't be too much longer before the rains fill it in!!

Later,

Off Rode

Damn ain't that the truth...I had  a refreshing 12 mile walk monday morning from that place to the bridge.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2006, 10:51:05 PM »

Woah dang, we finally got out there and wow. That was awesome!! Good thing we decided not to bring the dirtbike, the arctic cat got stuck more then I did. o.o And trying to tug 1000lbs with a recon in 1st isn't the most fair tug of war.

MOTONICK

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2006, 07:00:35 PM »

i ride in holey lands every weekend. ever see a green kawasaki there. thats me

[attachment deleted by admin]

KAWASAKI KX80 FOR SALE/SPYDER PILOT PAINTBALL GUN FOR SALE, WITH HOPPER AND CASE $400. PM ME
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2006, 01:40:28 AM »

Nope, didn't see you. I was on a red honda recon with a blue and white helmet and pants. There were a buncha banschees out there though.

FORD4X4GIRL

TRX's Baby Mamma !

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2006, 06:57:21 PM »

Nope, didn't see you. I was on a red honda recon with a blue and white helmet and pants. There were a buncha banschees out there though.

It wasn't too bad out there today .... A lil more water would have been nice though

"What lies ahead and what lies behind us are only tiny matters to What Lies Within Us..."
.gif
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2006, 01:40:32 PM »

Yeah, went there sunday and it was alot better, still dusty, but the water levels are coming up on the water trail near the bridge. Almost come upto the racks pushing my way through the water on my new rancher. Cheesy Ofcourse my dad didn't have much of a problem there with the new mudders. We brought a couple buddies there too. We were out there with a big red Arctic Cat, a Rancher, a Recon, a Blue Yamaha Bruin 4x4, and a little yellow 90. Looks like we might be going again in a couple weeks. Next time we'll go by ourselves though so we can explore more of it. That little 90 held us back. Sad

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com