Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: List of People to Contact for OHV Concerns  (Read 40911 times)
SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

Enough Bullsh*t... LETS RIDE!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: September 28, 2004, 12:29:47 PM »

Well, I've been doing a little more research. I was just looking at the Division of Forestry's website. They have a map of the availible riding areas.. we've gone from two.. to five! LMAO. I've sent 3 letters so far to some of the Big Wigs.. I hope all of you send in a letter or two as well... we really need to start being heard. Example (Gay Rights activists... only 10% of the US population is for gay rights, yet they make so much noise that it seems like 90%, I want to be that loud!)

Also, I just made this webpage, it has a few people to contact (easier then clogging the bandwith of ATVFlorida Smiley) So now there is NO excuse to not send at least one letter, hehe http://www.geocities.com/humrz360/letters.html
« Last Edit: November 04, 2004, 01:25:07 PM by humrz28 » Logged

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

http://www.myspace.com/humrz28
team_quad_green

Your gonna need SUM!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 12:59:22 PM »

good work there Ashley. After Huricane season I will be more involved cause I will have more time.

RANGER LIFE!
2012 polaris ranger  xp 800
walker evans limited editions
2007 honda rincon 680
2007 yamaha raptor 80
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2004, 11:54:38 AM »

if you would like it hosted on a site without advertisements,,,,let me know, I can host that.

awesome page, thanks for the info.

I just might have to check out those other places,,,,never been to ANF.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
robo02cop

NOT ALL COPS ARE BAD AND NOT ALL COPS EAT DONUTS!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2004, 08:51:49 PM »

Nice site ashley.....I will definately be writing some letters....have to find some use for all that writing that I had to do in all those years of school and the best thing to write about is something that your passionate about!!

04 Red and White Yamaha Banshee ~ Traded
04 Blue Yamaha R1
1984 Honda ATC 110 3 wheeler
1985 Honda ATC 125 4 wheeler
SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2004, 09:01:40 PM »

I am glad you like it! I will add more names and addresses as I get them too. Smiley Anything that will help out or situation is great Smiley

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 04:37:48 PM »

I contaced John Walsh and recieved his reply today. All in all.. things may start looking up for us.. so he says...

Currently, as a result of the passage of this bill, the state is very active in trying to identifying public lands that may be compatible to developing additional OHV recreational site.  In fact, there are several teams, consisting of OHV users and state agencies that are actively looking and evaluating lands. However, finding and developing these sites will not happen overnight.  The important thing is that it is happening.

The state has also hired an OHV coordinator whose primary responsibility is to make sure that the provisions as outlines in Chapter 261, are carried out and that new riding areas are identified and opened to the public.

All funds collected through the titling of Off-Highway Vehicles are to go to support Florida’s new OHV program.  The money collected will be disseminated through a grant program to agencies develop new riding areas and improving existing sites.

Florida’s new OHV program is a very dynamic and will continue to grow.  We have a new web-site on line that will help to keep people inform of the progress of the program at http://www.fl-dof.com/Recreation/OHV/index.html.  Also you will be able to download or request publications such at the OHV Safety and Recreation Report and OHV Guide.

Also, as an individual or as a group, one of the best ways to get support to acquire land for OHV activities is to express your needs to your county and state delegation. Again, thank you for expressing your concerns and supporting our efforts to implement a new and exciting program for OHV riders in Florida.

John Waldron

Forest Recreation Coordinator

John C. Waldron

850/414-9852

« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 04:38:21 PM by humrz28 » Logged

Redgrizzly660

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2004, 09:18:24 PM »

i am a dork
Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2004, 08:23:26 PM »

i am a dork

Claude, you left your computer signed on and walked away again I see........ Grin

500runner

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2004, 11:09:10 PM »

the 5 areas  posted have been atv user areas for years, the title your ATVS for a place to ride is a $$$$ grabing scam. look what happen to croom  as soon as the bill was passed the gate fee jumped to $50.00 plus your title fee.  i can see it coming it will cost $$$$$ to ride at any state park. what next 15mph limit, like in BIG CYPRESS, ATV libilty insurance, atv yearly tag . will the BIG GOV every stop stealing from us? what we need to do is stop sending in are title fees,buying are ATVs out of state, so FL dosent get the salesTAX. and get farmers and land owners together and ride on private land.   like L CROSS.  
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2004, 08:33:51 AM »

heres my thoughts. if we have to title them, if they make us tag them. we should be able to make them street legal! you wouldnt get any tickets in Ocala anymore.......+

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2004, 09:31:26 AM »

can't remember his name, but one guy had a tag on his ATV from Arizona at Rodman,,,,,I'm looking in to that for sure.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
JR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2004, 01:39:49 PM »

I am new to ATV activities and my family is involved as well.  We are located in St. Augustine, Florida and are looking for legal riding places as well as organized group rides and activities in the Northeast Florida region.  Thanks for any help you can provide.
Warrior

'04 Bombardier Outlander XT 400 H.O.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2004, 10:36:07 AM »

I contaced John Walsh and recieved his reply today. All in all.. things may start looking up for us.. so he says...

Currently, as a result of the passage of this bill, the state is very active in trying to identifying public lands that may be compatible to developing additional OHV recreational site.  In fact, there are several teams, consisting of OHV users and state agencies that are actively looking and evaluating lands. However, finding and developing these sites will not happen overnight.  The important thing is that it is happening.

The state has also hired an OHV coordinator whose primary responsibility is to make sure that the provisions as outlines in Chapter 261, are carried out and that new riding areas are identified and opened to the public.

All funds collected through the titling of Off-Highway Vehicles are to go to support Florida’s new OHV program.  The money collected will be disseminated through a grant program to agencies develop new riding areas and improving existing sites.

Florida’s new OHV program is a very dynamic and will continue to grow.  We have a new web-site on line that will help to keep people inform of the progress of the program at http://www.fl-dof.com/Recreation/OHV/index.html.  Also you will be able to download or request publications such at the OHV Safety and Recreation Report and OHV Guide.

Also, as an individual or as a group, one of the best ways to get support to acquire land for OHV activities is to express your needs to your county and state delegation. Again, thank you for expressing your concerns and supporting our efforts to implement a new and exciting program for OHV riders in Florida.

John Waldron

John C. Waldron

850/414-9852

John Walsh?, Hehe...

'04 Bombardier Outlander XT 400 H.O.
500runner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2004, 02:51:52 PM »

looks like a BIG PAPER TRAIL LIE!!!!!!!!  yes the state is useing the title fee $$. to pay  for a ORV state employees .  {smoke screen}  FL  atv parks will be a long time away!!!  
jgdorado

Just give me some land to ride on.......

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2004, 03:41:40 PM »

every once in a while I see an opportunity to plug the www.fl-atv.com site for ATV land acquisitions. Check it out
500runner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2004, 05:50:26 PM »

i agree with the FL-ATV land deal.  stop wasteing your time and $$$ waiting on  FL  to give you some small chunk of land and charge $$$$ to ride on!!!!!!!!!
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2004, 08:55:23 AM »

Sky high, thanks for your back up on this issue,  and runner I agree with you 100 %  

SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2004, 12:14:19 PM »

Just trying to pass info along. God knows, I am just as aggravated as everyone else on this issue. By the way...

MAIN PERSON TO EMAIL (FOREST RECREATION COORDINATOR)
John Waldron (850)414-9852

sk8r_dude
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2004, 08:20:52 PM »

What is the status of the FL-ATV site? Has any headway been made for aquiring land to ride?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2004, 08:23:34 PM by sk8r_dude » Logged

05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunk 

http://www.beachinlineskates.com/
http://www.123skate.com/
http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/
http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com
jgdorado

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2004, 07:22:21 AM »

The good part is that the sign-ups are steady Cheesy but we don't quite have enough folks for our first acquisition. Word of mouth and this forum has been very effective so far.

We'd like to send out post cards to every single ATV owner in Florida. The lists are tough to get. The dealers we've contacted are reluctant to let them out and the manufacturers haven't been consistent at returning phone calls by those who have the authority to assist :-/.

No doubt we will have parks around Florida but a little help from those who will benefit the most (manufacturers and dealerships) would be nice Roll Eyes.

As a group effort, should anyone visit a dealership that shows interest in our effort, please let me know so I can contact them and provide materials.

As always - Thanks - and keep the faith! Cool

James Griffith
admin@fl-atv.com
500runner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2004, 09:36:01 PM »

it sad to see BAD LUCK going  away!! FWC wont give in and the DOF hands are tied.  we need a MASS MAILER to go out to all ATV dealers.it time for them to kick in some$$  to help out ,if we can ride then we cant buy!!!!! Shocked  
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2004, 01:09:36 PM »

its all about more money to them. before I paid them money I will make a deal with the indians (tiger and his family) to ride on indian land.

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
OviedoRaptor

'04 Raptor Red/White

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2005, 09:53:09 AM »

Here are the email addresses and phone numbers for our Senators:

Mel Martinez:
mel_martinez@martinez.senate.gov
(202) 224-3041

Bill Nelson:
billnelson.senate.gov/contact/index.cfm#email
(202) 224-5274

You can also look up your Congressman at this link:

http://www.congress.com/state/fl.html

Let them know how you feel about closing our riding areas. You vote, and your vote keeps them in office.

Here is a sample letter that a fellow rider had posted:

Dear Sir,
We would like to say how disappointed our family and friends are that more riding areas are being closed. We have lost more and more trails every year and see no reason why these areas are being closed. Florida is all sand and that sand washes back into place when it rains. Forest fires do more damage from lightning each year. Then heavy equipment clearing trees and making fire roads cause more damage than that. We wonder what the real reason behind the closures are. Are the complaints even from Florida residents? The state implemented a registration for off-road vehicles and those funds were to be spent on developing riding areas, not closing them. This is the end of a 2nd year of collecting fees from that registration and again all we have seen are more areas being closed. We camp, hike, canoe, hunt, ride, horse back ride in the ONF and this is the only public place in Florida available to do all of those things in one area.

If you really want to do some good, spend some of the money checking noise levels and handing out tickets for everything over 92db and you will eliminate most of the complaints around private property and others using the forest. We all need to get along and noise is the #1 reason people complain. For the most part those complaints are after dark and the offenders are locals.

Everyone we ride with stops when we see horses or other people while riding trails. We are sure that is not the case with everyone, but don't let a few ignorant people spoil it for all of us. Disrespectful, ignorant people will continue to ride anywhere they want including the numbered roads etc. The only thing you will accomplish is preventing honest people from riding closed areas.

Off-road vehicle enthusiasts are FAMILY people. Florida Families, remember us? We are the ones who use the grounds all year long, we build our state infrastructures; we live and work and raise our families here. These are our forests and these are family sports. Most of us grew up knowing the joys of riding and camping. We are now teaching our children to love and respect our forests - and when we are all gone if you have alienated them from the forest - told them they don't belong - WHO WILL BE THERE TO LOVE IT AND FIGHT FOR IT WHEN WE ARE ALL GONE?

Please do not forget, we bring revenue to the forests and surrounding towns. Think of the impact to the economy. The State of Florida is going to lose an estimated 2 billion dollars in tourist revenue next year - you cannot afford to loose us.

We have been involved with dirt bike and ATV riding for many years. For the most part the people we have met have been family oriented folks who dearly love the woods and act respectful. The biggest problem we see is that residential properties are encroaching on the forests. Also, when people are 4-wheeling at night the sheriffs or rangers need to respond and make it clear these activities are illegal and will not be tolerated.

We have been promised more riding areas and we are the people bringing money to the campgrounds and surrounding towns. If you close us out you will lose more than you will gain. We urge you not to shut us out, let's find a solution we can all live with.

With Respect,

« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 10:00:54 AM by OviedoZ400 » Logged

'04 Raptor
-Renthal Bars
-GYT-R A-arm skids
-Pro Armor Belly skid
-PRM .250 swing arm skid
-Full Yoshimura exhaust
-DG steel series Nerfs
-AC Grab bar
-Pro Aluminum Pro-Y bumper
-Pro Flow air filter
-GYT-R Jet kits
-Dragonfire sreering stem
-Lone Star Rear axle
lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2005, 04:53:34 AM »

Her'e's the info for Rick Smith. He's the LeadEcosystem Resourse Representative for the FAMOUS Water Resource acquisition commission" These are the people who got the blame at wednesday's meeting...

rismith@sfwmd.gov
561-682-6517

If you really want to get things stirred up, Contact the democratic party and tell them you want to start a RECALL of Governor Bush. That will set the wheels of government going

A government of SPECIAL INTERESTS, for SPECIAL INTERESTS, by
SPECIAL INTERESTS Angry
jgdorado

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2005, 05:16:08 AM »

A government of SPECIAL INTERESTS, for SPECIAL INTERESTS, by
SPECIAL INTERESTS  

Well said.....
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com