Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Homemade Powder Coating Oven  (Read 6935 times)
hondarider95
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 18, 2007, 12:48:04 PM »

I have been looking at some plans to build a homemade powder coating oven, that is big enough for a atv/dirtbike frame. Here is the plans I have been viewing, http://machinebuilders.net/plans/gallery%2FBig%20Kids%2FPowerCoat%20Oven1.pdf. I emailed the guy and asked him a few questions about it. Anyone done anything like this? Anyone got any of the parts laying around, such as ovens, sheet metal, insulation, electrical stuff, ect? This would be really cool. Also anyone got a sheet metal brake thing? Let me know what you all think.
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 05:44:19 PM »

The oven is NOT that hard to build !!!, My brother is a designer for a tool and die company in the North, and he has made several different ovens.

The problem your gonna have is the dip tanks for the " wash" and the demagnatizing to get the powder to " stick" to the metal.
I am NOT saying that it cant be done, just that you are gonna have alot of trial and error ( spotty powder coverage).

Good luck with it Wink

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com