Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BADLUCK SQUARES IN NAPLES OPENING UP AGAIN  (Read 7079 times)
dirty2

a little crazy!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 19, 2005, 01:15:40 PM »

I herd from some riders that they went to badluck in naples rode the whole day Sat and Sunday had no problem they did not get stop. they said it was great and they are thinking about going next weekend has anybody else being there lately
they also said they did not see any cops.  Huh [smiley=dunno.gif]
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 01:20:36 PM by dirty2 » Logged
MuddyGurl101
Supreme Member

I get more pleasure from 4 strokes than 2!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 01:59:10 PM »

Well, if they didn't see any cops that why they didn't get stopped.

2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites
ONEslowEXer

Leader of the back

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 04:05:31 PM »

thats nice betcha they didnt take that giant green sign down that said no ORV's ! they must of missed that one or they can't read ...no speaka english officer.... maybe that will work for me to!
It would be nice though to ride out there again

04 grizzly 660 Wetlands camo (Mine)
5.5in gorilla lift 29.5 x10 outlaws Hmf exhaust
Snorkeled Radiator relocated Outlaw clutch
Highlifter springs

02 Sportsman 400 Yellow Hers

88 suzuki Samurai (ours) 33" swampers 5:1 tranfercase
custom lift
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 04:21:43 PM »

This should answer your question.  April 16th 2005 News article.  Those guys just got lucky.  

Collier deputies cite ATV owners riding illegally in Picayune Strand
By DIANNA SMITH, dlsmith@naplesnews.com
April 16, 2005

While local environmentalists search for a playground for off-highway vehicle owners, deputies from the Collier County Sheriff's Department have started riding their own OHVs.  

But not for pleasure.  

Deputies have spent the past year trying to educate people who drive anything from swamp buggies to motor bikes to all-terrain vehicles. They've explained the rules and have been known to give warnings instead of tickets when people are caught breaking the law.  

But deputies say enough is enough.  

Cpl. Paul Carrington, who works in the Golden Gate substation, said deputies used ATVs last weekend to chase those riding illegally. People used to ride in the Picayune Strand State Forest, but that area was closed off to riders in January because the federal Fish and Wildlife Service revoked permits to ride in the park.  

After several years, the state bought the land in the Southern Golden Gate Estates because agencies plan to restore the area and protect endangered species such as panthers. Officials have said recreational riders will hinder the restoration project and possibly could be harmful to endangered species.  

The Big Cypress Basin, the local division of the South Florida Water Management District, said last year it would find riders 640 acres by Oct. 31. Though riders have been promised land somewhere in Southwest Florida, most are getting tired of waiting and many decide to ride on streets or private property.  

Carrington said illegal OHV use in Golden Gate Estates is becoming an increasing problem that is even difficult for the deputies to solve.  

Riders can disappear quickly into woods or on trails when they see deputy vehicles, which is why deputies are now using ATVs, trucks and bikes to nab the drivers.  

"Hopefully the word will spread the Sheriff's Office has zero tolerance," Carrington said.  

Some took a tour of the land in Hendry County on March 31 to see if it could serve as an area for OHVs.  

The estimated 640 acres is part of land owned by Lee County, property purchased more than 10 years ago to make way for a landfill. Motorists would have to drive through Lee County to get to it.  

Brian McMahon, a Golden Gate Estates resident who has been working closely with state representatives, went on the tour. He wasn't thrilled with the property.  

He said it took between 60 and 90 minutes to get to the property from Golden Gate Estates.  

"There was a tremendous amount of dump-truck traffic," McMahon said. "The site has potential, but it's going to be difficult for Collier County to manage that far away.  

He said there are environmental concerns, but George Fogg, who also went on the tour, said the concerns shouldn't become roadblocks.  

Fogg, a retired landscape architect who wrote a book on OHV parks, said there are a lot of wetlands on the site, as well as a retention lake. Trails could be built around the lake, he said.  

Fogg said the site has potential, and that he knows of no area in Collier County that could match it.  

"I don't know of any place that is sufficient in size unless it's a farm area that would be converted into such a facility," he said. "There are so many competing things for the resources we have in Collier County."

janineZ400

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 04:56:15 PM »

Thank you sooo much for the update. I was just in another forum asking about bad luck squares. Unfortunate that this is the answer Sad, but better to know than to get caught. I hope you will keep updating everyone updated!@
Thanks again!!

'05 Z400
'01 Yamaha Raptor
'05 YFZ450
'05 E-ton Viper 50
'05 Honda 450R
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 05:09:47 PM »

All the streets in my neighborhood are open too, you wanna come riding here sometime?  Tongue

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.
dirty2

a little crazy!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 11:52:18 AM »

All the streets in my neighborhood are open too, you wanna come riding here sometime?  Tongue

I don't do streets dude only trails
maybe when I'm in your area I can jump over your house  Grin
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 12:52:40 PM »

I don't do streets dude only trails
maybe when I'm in your area I can jump over your house  Grin

I was trying to be sarcastic!  Cheesy

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.
dirty2

a little crazy!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 02:37:32 PM »

I was trying to be sarcastic!  Cheesy

Me to dude  Grin
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 08:04:49 AM by dirty2 » Logged
450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2005, 07:26:43 PM »

Trust Me. If this place were open I would be the first one to know and would post something over here seeing I live 15min from their.  

Its just a matter of time before the stupid ppl get cought. Wink

(This is a friend of mine in this quote so dont even try it.)

Riders can disappear quickly into woods or on trails when they see deputy vehicles, which is why deputies are now using ATVs, trucks and bikes to nab the drivers.  

"Hopefully the word will spread the Sheriff's Office has zero tolerance," Carrington said.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 07:31:05 PM by 1fast250r » Logged

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur
raptor426

Its 5'oclock somewhere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2005, 05:06:06 PM »

I really hope that they open the courners again.  That is really the only place near by that i can go to ride just for the day.  Everywhere else is like 4-5 hours away that is acually worth riding at.

2005 Yamaha Raptor 660r #26:AC grab bar, Alba Pro Elite nerfs, Uni filter, UM full body skid, AC swingarm skid, White Bros R4 slipon
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 660:27" Mudlites, 12" C-series rims, 2500# winch
2003 Yamaha YZ426F:stock
2002 Honda Rancher:27"Mudlites
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2005, 07:57:59 AM »

According to Chris Reed, DOF, it could be another 12 months before any state/Fed approvals. And, that would be only the 2,200 acres(when you first come over the I-75 bridge, after it's fenced-off, a parking lot is paved and bathroom/showers installed).

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
JAFO700EFI

GOT MUD ?????

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2005, 03:24:03 PM »

A Deputy saw me at the  G's general store on Golden Gate blvd and Wilson told me that I need to call someone to come and get me I ask him if I can fuel up and wait he said ok I got gas and then saw him waiting to see what I would do I sat there and waited till he got tired an left I then took off well again a second Deputy stopped me and told me that I can't ride "that thing" on the trails between property  they are really enforcing the laws in Collier county  

1998 Polaris Xplore(DAD)
2004 Polaris Sportsman 700 EFI(MINE)
2005 Polaris Ranger 4x4(MOM&WIFE)
2005 Polaris Sportsman 90(DAUGHTER)
z400stunter

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2005, 07:08:11 PM »

Just last night I was going to my property off of 10th and some officers were sitting on the dirt road.  He told me I couldnt ride on the unpaved road at the end of the street.  We just waited for him to leave.  Where the heck are we supposed to go?  They close the prarie.  They give us nowhere to go.  We need to pack our quads up and all go to city hall one day.

JUMP IT!
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2005, 08:13:08 PM »

Just last night I was going to my property off of 10th and some officers were sitting on the dirt road.  He told me I couldnt ride on the unpaved road at the end of the street.  We just waited for him to leave.  Where the heck are we supposed to go?  They close the prarie.  They give us nowhere to go.  We need to pack our quads up and all go to city hall one day.

10th st se on GG blvd?? my house is right by that dirt road and I saw all the cops last night, I also was listening to them on my police scanner. Cool The reason the cops where out their is because of the tram. On thursday there was a party and they did the same thing, and even blocked off 28th Sad
JAFO700EFI

GOT MUD ?????

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2005, 06:12:34 AM »

Yes I think thats a good Idea maybe start a petition to get the county going on this matter

1998 Polaris Xplore(DAD)
2004 Polaris Sportsman 700 EFI(MINE)
2005 Polaris Ranger 4x4(MOM&WIFE)
2005 Polaris Sportsman 90(DAUGHTER)
ONEslowEXer

Leader of the back

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2005, 07:05:18 PM »

Doesn't Collier CFounty have anything better to do? Why don't they start cracking down more on the junkies walkin the streets in GG city...I'm sure there are enough of those!! Angry >:(it's gettin old

04 grizzly 660 Wetlands camo (Mine)
5.5in gorilla lift 29.5 x10 outlaws Hmf exhaust
Snorkeled Radiator relocated Outlaw clutch
Highlifter springs

02 Sportsman 400 Yellow Hers

88 suzuki Samurai (ours) 33" swampers 5:1 tranfercase
custom lift
z400stunter

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2005, 07:12:30 PM »

Haha, not too many junkies in gg city that i've seen.  Go to Tice for that.  But anyway, yeah im really sick of this crap.  I've got nowhere to ride where people dont complain.  Just let us have the prarie.  I dont see any quads running over any wildlife.  Hell they hear us and run away. All i want is some land to ride on where I dont have to worry about running away from cops on a trail.

JUMP IT!
Gamer

Yamaha 350cc Wolverine 4*4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2005, 11:24:36 AM »

Hey I feel for you guys.  You went from having the best riding area in the state to nothing at all.  I live over here in broward county and used to take several trips over there.  We atleast have Holeylands over here to ride at.  I would be one pissed off person if I lived over there.  It would make me want to sue the state and county for not providing an area to ride.  Heck if the state can use all that tax money to buy up people's propertys in bad luck prairie then it can be used to by people's ATV's since there are no more places to ride anymore.  Its funny ever since they started collecting those title fee taxes from ATV sales it seems like everything started closing down.  It's a bunch of BS
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 08:24:37 PM by Gamer » Logged
raptor426

Its 5'oclock somewhere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2005, 11:53:07 AM »

Hey I feel for you guys.  You went from having the best riding area in the state to nothing at all.  I live over here in broward county and used to take several trips over there.  We atleast have Holeylands over here to ride at.  I would be one pissed off person if I lived over there.  It would make me want to sew the state and county for not providing an area to ride.  Heck if the state can use all that tax money to buy up people's propertys in bad luck prairie then it can be used to by people's ATV's since there are no more places to ride anymore.  Its funny ever since they started collecting those title fee taxes from ATV sales it seems like everything started closing down.  It's a bunch of BS

I wouldn't say that it was the best place in Florida to ride, but ya it was fun.  And as far as Holey Lands is conserned, that place isn't all that great.  Especially now that it is wet out there, there really isn't that much riding at all.  The only time Holey Lands is worth going to is during the dry season, then it is okay.

2005 Yamaha Raptor 660r #26:AC grab bar, Alba Pro Elite nerfs, Uni filter, UM full body skid, AC swingarm skid, White Bros R4 slipon
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 660:27" Mudlites, 12" C-series rims, 2500# winch
2003 Yamaha YZ426F:stock
2002 Honda Rancher:27"Mudlites
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com