Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camping at Holeylands?  (Read 2538 times)
scarabsport

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 15, 2007, 02:47:10 PM »

Has anyone camped out by Holeylands lately?

I'd like to take the kids out there to camp in our toyhauler but I was wondering if it is safe and appropriate for families with pre-teens to camp there. 

I know folks used to camp out by that big pumphouse out west but I haven't been out that way lately because the last time out the new truck got sprayed with gravel by some yahoos in the eastern parking lot.  Duhhh.

Any info on camping out that way would be much appreciated.   

Thanks

digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 04:37:38 PM »

My gut feeling has always been that it wouldn't be my first choice for camping unless there were plenty of others there with me.  You would be at any bandit's mercy if they found you out there alone.  Not saying it would happen, but you are a long way from civilization out there.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
bftclub

where's the mud at?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 06:46:42 PM »

it's not bad if you go with a large group,and lock up you quads,or corral them between your trucks
Eric5555
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 08:48:01 PM »

i wouldent camp there

http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=237418

2007 kx250f
2006 kx250f
2003 rm250

FOR SALE:
2003 rm250
-MESSAGE ME
scarabsport

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 12:22:15 AM »

Three no and no yes.  I appreciate your advice and counsel and will follow same.

If anyone ever organizes a group trip out there to camp let me know and I will add my TH to the circle (schedule permitting of course).

Thank you for your replies.

HVYHLR53

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 06:46:55 PM »

I'm out there every Friday night with the guys and just about every Saturday and Sunday with the family. Now that it is kinda cool out there are plenty of people out on the weekends camping. I cant recall hearing anything about any incidents involving rift raft and campers at night. Plus there are a couple of FWC officers patrolling on the weekends.

Just last weekend there was about 6 different camps set up by the pump house. The weekend before that, there were about 12 camps set up by the pump house.

I feel that it is safe to camp out there. Maybe bring some protection just in case, but there are plenty of other people out there all weekend long.

2006 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Honda Rincon 680 - Mine
2006 Honda Rancher 350 - Hers
2006 Carter Talon GX150IIR - Mini Hers
2005 Honda Recon 250 - Mini Hers
2004 Harley RoadKing FLHPI - Mine
2003 Airboat "Glades" SB Chevy 350 5 Blade Warp Drive

"If my signal is flashing, Im not asking permission"
pelele

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 06:55:12 PM »

i was riding out there this weekend and i saw a truck with a trailer out there.... same truck i saw there last weekend so my guess will be... they either spent the whole week there..... or got there on friday nights both weekends....... my $.02

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 08:43:03 PM »

I've camped out at Holey Land numerous times, never had a problem.  If you decide to camp out there do it on Fridays & Saturdays, most of the campers are out by the pump station, not the cross over. Five out of the six times I've camped out there I saw more than three fwc officers at night.  With all honesty, you shouldn't have a problem.

digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 10:07:27 PM »

That's my point.  If you are out there with other people, you most likely won't have a problem.  I just wouldn't camp out there by myself or even just two camps.  Most of the problems out there have been burglary and vandalism of vehicles.  Play it by ear.  If at the end of the day you are the only one there, pack it up and head out.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com