Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: croom track  (Read 5675 times)
450RRRR

fast enough

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 26, 2005, 05:56:25 PM »

is there any reason why we couldnt make a small 10/15 turn track in the back.say 1/4 or 1/2 mile. maybe close to some off those pits. so that we could jump in and out of them.if we could get 10 people together and lay it out. well in an hour it could be cut in just by riding it. and by the end of the day it would be set.
are there any rules that say it can t be done. or any reason we should nt do it .
is anybody intrested , or not.i think we could really have some fun with it.it would just take showing up to get it done.
Godsman27

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 07:40:41 PM »

Amazing,

I have wanted that forever. But never had a big enough group to do it. And the front is overrun with dirt bikes who are so prideful they will hold a line even if it means hitting you. I def second the idea. If we can get a group of people together... just let me know when!

Later,
     - Andy
Old_School
Supreme Member

It ain't fast without mixed gas....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 08:15:54 AM »

There's no rules to say you can't. Just bring shovels and lots of help. The only downside is that probably only the people that make it will upkeep it. So next time you head out there it will be full of whoops and ruts. But if you do do it let me know where. I'll try and clean it up as best as possible.  -Mark

90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd
suzi417

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 06:53:54 PM »

i have spoken with the supervisor for the division of forestry at croom they welcome people and heavy equipment to help with the maintanence you need to give them some info as far as your experience and qualifications to operate the machinery what ever it is some one would like to help with. you can not i repeat can not cut down trees unless they are dead or pose a serious danger to some one and that does not  mean cut a tree because you want to make the trail that way. you can fix some trails make a begining and an end try to not cross trails or create intersections were accidents can occur. guys i challenge the first person to start a good trail others will follow and either help or make there own.     next time im at croom look for my trail it will be drr#1 from miami  
Old_School
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 07:29:36 AM »

Well lets all agree on a place to start it. Preferrably in the back. Way in the back so its secluded(sp?). I'll bring shovels but not dozer.  Wink  -Mark

90' LT500R Quadzilla

92' LT250R Quadracer

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd
Chris505

JUST ADD DIRT!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 05:45:28 PM »

secluded?? at croom,, ha
If we spent a whole week of clearing a track it will be gone by the following weekend no matter where it is...
You have to remember, lets say 80% of the people that go there do not care that people spent there time grooming a track, and it would be trashed..

dont get me wrong, it is a great idea, but an endless battle out there..  

05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes
Old_School
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 07:24:42 PM »

There are some places less traveled. Like in the woods wayyy in the back. I've been riden and took a break in the woods and for a good 10 mins didn't hear any bikes.  -Mark

90' LT500R Quadzilla

92' LT250R Quadracer

Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 11:13:07 AM »

A bobcat could be rented by anyone so I wonder if they require any specific qualifications on them. I can run one no problem but I dont have a card that says I can.....
I am definately for the track idea..... Cool

dr._kavorkian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 04:28:33 PM »

I own a bobcat. I don't think they will let it in there...

Let me know. I will send it with an operator!

Dock
Vegas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2005, 07:30:08 AM »

This sounds like an excellent idea!

Maybe we could schedule a work weekend where we can all go up on the same day and pitch in on designing a track!

It would be a good opprotunity to meet people from this board and get some riding in with new friends.

I would love to see some tabletops or some doubles out there.

Anyone up for this?

Would anyone like to volunteer as a group organizer?
Numkut

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2005, 03:50:44 PM »

Sounds pretty cool, how about a big 60-80 footer  with long run before hand? Maybe not on the track but off to the side? What sucks is I can't go out to help yet because I can't drive but when I can I'd love to come out and help yall. I get my license in like 15 or 16 days. Do yall mind dirtbikes?

Sniper1320

Visit my Croom website

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2005, 02:19:57 PM »

That's true alot of people don't go into the back, mostly everybody stays up front, and in the mine pits.

wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2005, 12:05:03 PM »

i would love for a track to be set up in croom.  It would be awesome to have some place to go to race with some friends and hit some jumps.  Because wherever you go you have to create jumps.  It would be awesome to have a few table tops setup im definately up for it whenever you get it going.  send me a pm if you get something going.

05 kx 250f
Dropped01x

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2005, 07:24:06 AM »

hey everyone how is it going? I am new here and Im going to buy a new atv this week. I would love to come up there and help you all out and also get to meet you all. let me know
Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com