Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Florida Panther at Suburban Estates  (Read 4092 times)
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 14, 2007, 10:44:09 PM »

My family and I were riding at Suburban Estates all day today.  Just before sundown, my wife and daughter were heading back towards the parking area and saw what they initially thought was a large dog next to one of the camps.  But then my wife noticed the pointed ears and thick tail.  She knew it wasn't a dog when it jumped over the fence and bounded off into the woods.  When we got home, I Googled some images of a Florida Panther and both my wife and daughter said absolutely, that's what they saw.  Anybody else ever see one out there?

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 12:09:04 AM »

Ive never been there, but I have seen them before.  They are scary to encounter especially if your on foot and alone.

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 06:50:08 AM »

I wonder how many tree-huggers have seen one outside of captivity?

awesome sight.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Mars
Supreme Member

When I feel athletic, I go to a sports bar.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 09:15:17 AM »

My family and I were riding at Suburban Estates all day today.  Just before sundown, my wife and daughter were heading back towards the parking area and saw what they initially thought was a large dog next to one of the camps.  But then my wife noticed the pointed ears and thick tail.  She knew it wasn't a dog when it jumped over the fence and bounded off into the woods.  When we got home, I Googled some images of a Florida Panther and both my wife and daughter said absolutely, that's what they saw.  Anybody else ever see one out there?

No you were mistaken, that was just a big dog. If it was a panther (mountain lion) you might loose access to your land for an endangered, non-existing animal that environmentalist are always riding to screw people out of their rights and tax payer dollars.
As per NDN 7.2 million is being spent on pather crosswalks on US 27 in Collier County.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 05:16:47 AM by Moose » Logged

04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.
k.p.
Supreme Member

6 in a row makes it go!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 11:07:51 AM »

sounds like an overweight greyhound to me  Wink
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 02:13:58 PM »

Are they in season down there?

Man, that's good eatin'.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 10:05:19 PM »

Are they in season down there?

Man, that's good eatin'.

yep, we went huntin them today out there. we never saw one. we had fun though. there were some other people huntin them too. they were ridin in the back of a truck with a 30-06 and binoculars. just drop a lil mcormick steak seasoning on them and slap em on the grill and what a treat.  Wink

j/k, but yea ive seen one but not there. we saw a little dog though.
ScooterB

Trying Not to Offend Anyone and Failing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 10:36:56 PM »

The last Florida Panther I saw was runnin across Price Blvd in North Port at Heron Creek Golf Course (no chit).

But us OHV riders run off all the wild life and ruin the enviroment ..... Undecided

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA
qt314nfla

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 10:47:18 PM »

The last Florida Panther I saw was runnin across Price Blvd in North Port at Heron Creek Golf Course (no chit).

But us OHV riders run off all the wild life and ruin the enviroment ..... Undecided

Great now we're gonna have to shut another golf course down.  Oh wait that's right they don't shut down golf courses for the scrub jay nesting or because the endangered florida panthers are on them.  Just us.....not enough money made for the land owners in atv riding.  haha
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 11:55:03 PM »

I wonder how many tree-huggers have seen one outside of captivity?

awesome sight.

Id@

SSSSHHHHHH keep this quiet or they will be picketing out side the gates Cheesy
gtnwood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 09:03:07 AM »

Well if it had been on the 15th it most likely would have been a Black Panther you saw, but since it was'nt, it is'nt Wink

'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s
howard

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 05:12:58 PM »

I think it was a small donkey you seen I have seen it out there before with a bigger donkey
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 05:55:45 PM »

I see where you're coming from.  Isn't it a shame that we can't even talk about such an awesome experience without fear that some busy-body tree-huggin' jackass is going to come along and tell me I can't ride on MY land anymore because of some animal using the same piece of land in his 250 square mile range.  You're right; it wasn't a panther.  It was the chupacabra.   Wink

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 11:05:38 PM »

i think it was a tree hugger in discuise just so they can take our land.  Evil
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com