Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodby Nextel  (Read 10828 times)
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 11, 2007, 07:54:33 PM »

Couldn't take it any more. Dont know why I waited so long, I've been a Nextel customer for about 6 yrs. and the sevice and customer service is horrible and has just got worse with time. No more beep beep for me.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 08:07:19 PM »

It's actually quite a shame what Sprint has done to Nextel.  I signed up for Nextel before the service was even available around here... must have been at least 8-10 years ago.  I was so sick of trunked radio service I couldn't wait to set my company up.  It has saved me 10s of thousands of dollars.  I know eventually they will run it into the ground.  I will miss it.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 08:12:53 PM »

Troy has the new hybrid phone and he said he loves it.  My phone is a company phone, so I just deal with it.

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 08:16:18 PM »

I know EXACTLY how you feel Matt !!!! The service up this way SUCKS !!!!
Although, as Jason stated, Troy has the new hybrid phone, that works great!!!                 SO FAR Wink

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 08:39:39 PM »

I have travelled around FL and the US with my nextel phones and have had service in many places that others did not, and have lost service where others have it,,,,,example, in the Marriot Marquis in downtown Atlanta,,,,everyone with Cingular or any other service provider had a dead phone, but mine even worked in the elevators in the basement.

I have found that it REALLY matters what phone you are using,,,,I've lost signal alltogether going down I-4 in downtown Orlando with one phone, but when I have switched to a different phone,,,suddenly it works great and never drops.

dunno guys, I hear complaints all the time about Nextel service, but have never witnessed it.

Id@

This has been a paid advertisement from Sprint/Nextel and in no way reflects the opinions of ATVFlorida.com or it'd advertisers. ;-)

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 08:40:30 PM »

what's that disclaimer say?

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 08:41:45 PM »

what disclaimer, I don't see a disclaimer,,,,you must be seeing things in your head ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 08:57:23 PM »

A guy on the job just got one of those Hybrid phones and his also works where mine wouldn't even think about working. I even used his to call mine once and as usual I got, "Please hold while the Nextel customer is located." I would try the new Hybrid phone but I'm not re-upping on another 2yr deal or paying $300 damn dollars for a phone and the service goes crappy on it in a few weeks again  Undecided

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 10:46:08 PM »

I havnt had nextel in over 2 years after owning one for 3 years. I would never get nextel again..They sucked before sprint took over.
Now we just need to get rid of them in Nascar..

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 12:06:16 AM »

I had several Nextel phones and I agree, the worse service ever. I will NEVER go back.   Angry

digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 06:40:39 AM »

I guess it matters where you live.  In South Florida, I've never had a problem.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 07:53:49 AM »

It's actually quite a shame what Sprint has done to Nextel.  I signed up for Nextel before the service was even available around here... must have been at least 8-10 years ago.  I was so sick of trunked radio service I couldn't wait to set my company up.  It has saved me 10s of thousands of dollars.  I know eventually they will run it into the ground.  I will miss it.

i had to close our service department because of Sprint Crap, but the new Hybrid phone will turn the company around. There a high line Hybrid coming out ic902 in a few month. Switch to the Hybrid phone when you can.

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 08:02:37 AM »

I have boost mobile which is powered by nextel. I am on their premium plan and never get charged any fees other than my monthly charge. No contract to sign and the phones are cheaper. Its great if you only need one phone. They do not have any type of shared minutes plan is the only downfall but most people I talk to that has more then one phone says two or more phones cost more anyways. I would need to say that I tried to order a new phone online and it charged my card but the order never went through because they do not ship to a PO Box. That was the bad experience I had with their customer service. I got it credited back after going through several different people at boost and calling my credit card company (which put me on three way to speak to boost) and just went to my local sprint store and purchased the phone I wanted.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
cutngrs
Supreme Member

PUT UP $$$ OR SHUT THE HELL UP

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2007, 08:29:41 AM »

well guys nextel called me out of the blue and ask me to try the new hybrid phone   all i can say is wow  its great  i have not wanted to trough it once i have  had it about three weeks now and i have service in  places i never did befor and jroped calls is in the past   the best thing is when you are on the twoway  you can stiil get a phone call  and when your on the phone you can still get a twoway alert     i just might have to take my bumber sticker off  that says   
                                                                         my nextel sucks how about yours

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 09:03:11 AM »

So if you are dumping Nextel, what is everyone switching to?

Oh, and hybrid as in standard plus wifi?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 09:06:41 AM by Mr.BoNeS » Logged

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 09:15:22 AM »

well guys nextel called me out of the blue and ask me to try the new hybrid phone   all i can say is wow  its great  i have not wanted to trough it once i have  had it about three weeks now and i have service in  places i never did befor and jroped calls is in the past   the best thing is when you are on the twoway  you can stiil get a phone call  and when your on the phone you can still get a twoway alert     i just might have to take my bumber sticker off  that says   
                                                                         my nextel sucks how about yours

I am glad you like yours....BUT......My wife and I hate ours!!!! The hybrid roams twice as much has 0 features and will eventually change volume without warning, i.e. BUSTED EAR DRUM. going to two I880's and will deal with the lousy service @ least I wont damage my hearing. also the hybrid lets you know when someone is beeping you when you are on the phone...cool huh??? You would think but it doesnt let the person beeping you know that it went through, sooooo they keep beeping and interupting your conversation!!!! NOT COOL if you use your phone for business.  Good luck with yours. Im going back to next-to h$ll. Wink

By the way we have had ours for 3 months....give it time you will make the same post.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 09:19:51 AM by SWAMP_DONKEY » Logged
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 09:29:19 AM »

I have a company Nextel and I hate it....I hate cell phones Period.....But Nextel service is Horrible.

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

I found out who my friends are

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 09:56:05 AM »

I am glad you like yours....BUT......My wife and I hate ours!!!! The hybrid roams twice as much has 0 features and will eventually change volume without warning, i.e. BUSTED EAR DRUM. going to two I880's and will deal with the lousy service @ least I wont damage my hearing. also the hybrid lets you know when someone is beeping you when you are on the phone...cool huh??? You would think but it doesnt let the person beeping you know that it went through, sooooo they keep beeping and interupting your conversation!!!! NOT COOL if you use your phone for business.  Good luck with yours. Im going back to next-to h$ll. Wink

By the way we have had ours for 3 months....give it time you will make the same post.

Scott,

I don't think the 880 is the Hybrid BD is talking about, right now they have the IC402 and IC502.

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 11:06:36 AM »

Scott,

I don't think the 880 is the Hybrid BD is talking about, right now they have the IC402 and IC502.

I have the 502pos (piece of #$%#) The 880 is a pure Nextel. I have been with nextel for about 10 years and as much as I hate the sevice I am used to the way the phone operates.
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2007, 11:31:21 AM »

So if you are dumping Nextel, what is everyone switching to?

Oh, and hybrid as in standard plus wifi?

the Hybrid is Sprint(CDMA) Voice+Data and Nextel(iDen) Direct Connect. Supposed to be the best of both worlds.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2007, 01:01:25 PM »

Thanks for the info. I'm dumping Sprint and went with tmobile. I don't know how much better it will be when I travel, but at least it works in my house. My Sprint service wouldn't work at my house unless I went outside. Real annoying if you know what I mean.

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2007, 06:10:05 PM »

Alltell is working great. Grin

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2007, 02:46:20 PM »

I LOVE my Verizon service Smiley and my wireless card for the laptop  Thumbs Up

When we travel out of state verizon is the ONLY CELL PHONE THAT WORKS in mountains in Western NC  Wink

lonewolf310

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2007, 08:05:29 PM »

I got one better.... i had nextel for me and the wife for 4 years now.
I get a text message  2 times a month on both phones.......its nextel with and advertisment for more services.  then they charge me .15 cent a text on my bill!!!! got to call them every month to get it taken off. Huh
Exmx54
Supreme Member

MX rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2007, 05:05:31 PM »

If you use the old huge nextel phones you never loose service, it's the new little flip ones that loose it a lot.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com