Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2-Stroke 250 dirtbike?  (Read 9564 times)
Eric5555
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2007, 02:29:09 PM »

check the radiator cuz if it is dry that means a seal went out and if its the ceank seal that means that the crank shaft sezed up ant thats a lot of work and its expensive. thats what happened to eric5555's RM 85 and it was not funn
hahaha ya it cost allot I had to replace my crank and all the seals and waterpump.....and it had soo little compression that I could start it with my hand.

http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=237418

2007 kx250f
2006 kx250f
2003 rm250

FOR SALE:
2003 rm250
-MESSAGE ME
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2007, 05:12:04 PM »

No, old school 2 stroke bikes will do over 80mph. If the oil is milky you can fix it yourself for less than 50$. Just have to buy a few seals. Mostly the water pump seal goes bad and coolant is getting into the crankcase. To check the top end just kick it slowly to feel the compression on the up and downstroke. Depending on how long its been since the last overbore chances are it would need one. Compress the forks as much as possible then visibly check if the forks have any oil on them. If not then, the shocks are good. Be careful, even though its a 2 stroke, 250's have some low end and once the powerband hits you better hold on.  -Mark

if it has been messed up it will cost more. when mine did that, it fried the top end cause it was not cooling. and it messed the clutch up.
xr100racer

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2007, 12:32:42 AM »

Bought it last night and rode it today with my friend that has a new suzuki 450 dirtbike. You all wernt kidding about that powerband, bout threw me off the back first time I got on it. I cant keep the front end down on pavement through the first 3 gears on pavement at full throttle no matter how hard I try. This thing is scary fast, maybe because the last dirtbike I had was an xr100. Not used to 2 wheels yet but Im getting it. Kick starting it is a biotch because it sits up so high and Im 6-1". Its fun though, lot different than my atv.

Little rough shape but the motor runs good, Im getting some new plastics for it from my friend that has a kx250 and gets new plastics all the time because he is sponserd. Even if it needs a rebuild soon its still worth the $900 I payed for it, Ill do the rebuild myself, gotta be easier than the 4-stroke I just did. fun
rollincoals

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2007, 04:08:51 PM »

if u get a nice new pipe it will be even faster, u could also put a reed spacer in and bring up the low end more , if it starts to foul plugs and they look all wet with fuel , check ur reeds there probably bad, and then replace them with a set of boysen power reeds that will give ya a lil more umph ,  nice deal on the bike

2000 honda fourtrax, good year mud runner tires, douglas alum rims, diamond plate skid plates, snorkle, jet kit , high flow air filter,extra lights, extended rear racks, single, steel nerf bars, front bumper,  and other stuff
xr100racer

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2007, 10:56:05 AM »

Thanks. Its already got a Pro Circuit Pipe with a C.35 Carbon Fiber Silencer and a performance air filter. I dont plan on making it go any faster right now because it allready goes more than fast enough for me.
k.p.
Supreme Member

6 in a row makes it go!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2007, 11:06:04 AM »

those 250 2 strokes race with the 450 4 strokes so your bound to go fast!

my neighbor just got an oooooold 250. its a yamaha from back when they raced black and yellow.but its in real clean condition.he totally ruined me in a drag race across my dunes lol
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com