Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Then and Now  (Read 4707 times)
SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

Enough Bullsh*t... LETS RIDE!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: January 10, 2007, 09:51:21 PM »

Sad, but true
Scenario: Jack pulls into school parking lot with rifle in gun rack.

1953 - Vice Principal comes over, takes a look at Jack's rifle, goes to his car and gets his to show Jack.

2006 - School goes into lockdown, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1953 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends. Nobody goes to jail, nobody arrested, nobody expelled.

2006 - Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.

++++++++++++ +++++++++ +++++++++ +

Scenario: Jeffrey won't be still (calm) in class, disrupts other students.

1953 - Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by Principal. Sits still in class.

2006 - Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. School gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a disability.

++++++++++++ +++++++++ +++++

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his father's car and his Dad gives him a whipping.

1953 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2006 - Billy's Dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. Billy's sister is told by state psychologist that she remembers being abused herself and their Dad goes to prison. Billy's Mom has affair with psychologist.

++++++++++++ +++++++++ ++++++++

Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some headache medicine to school.

1953 - Mark shares headache medicine with Principal who has a headache also.

2006 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.

++++++++++++ +++++++++ ++++

Scenario: Mary turns up pregnant.

1953 - 5 High School Boys leave town. Mary does her senior year at a special school for expectant mothers.

2006 - Middle School Counselor calls Planned Parenthood, who notifies the ACLU. Mary is driven to the next state over and gets an abortion without her parent's consent or knowledge. Mary given condoms and told to be more careful next time.

++++++++++++ +++++++++ +++++

Scenario: Pedro fails high school English.

1953: Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college.

2006: Pedro's cause is taken up. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he can't speak English.

++++++++++++ +++++++++

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a red ant bed.

1953 - Ants die.

2006 - BATF, Homeland Security, FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

++++++++++++ +++++++++

Scenario: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary, hugs him to comfort him.

1953 - In a short time Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2006 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison.

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

http://www.myspace.com/humrz28
Able

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 09:57:24 PM »

Sad but true
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 09:58:04 PM »

Bow Bow Clapper Clapper Clapper 
All true, very good post. Had me laughin, because like yall said its sad but true.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 10:16:48 PM by bigscrub79 » Logged

yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 08:25:27 AM »

Great post

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 10:07:23 AM »

Our society has really gone to sh_t. Graet post Sky.

07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

I found out who my friends are

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 10:21:36 AM »

very sad and very true, it was a much easier life years ago

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand
ScooterB

Trying Not to Offend Anyone and Failing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 10:35:42 AM »

It's pretty sad what our society has become.  Cry

It was so simple back then

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA
qt314nfla

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 10:45:20 AM »

Couldn't agree more.  When I was a kid if the teacher or neighbor spanked you the parents listened to the adult. You got home and you got it worse from your parents.  You as a child learned not to act up outside of the home. 

Now days if they do the same thing they go on probation and lose their job.  No lesson learned by the child nothing, because of the 'not my child' attitude held by most parents.
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

I found out who my friends are

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 10:56:46 AM »

Just saw this in the paper:::  I think it goes well here......

North Port, Florida — A 9-year-old North Port boy is accused of threatening three girls on a school bus with scissors. Now he faces serious trouble.

The boy was arrested after Tuesday's alleged threat. School officials say the bus driver took the blade away from the boy before any harm could be done.

The boy is charged with possession of a weapon on school property and three counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Reports say the boy thought the girls were talking about him, but it's not clear if the boy only made verbal threats or if he had any physical contact with the girls.

The boy was suspended from school pending the outcome of the criminal investigation.

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand
SomBch

beer....its whats for dinner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 10:59:18 AM »

i remember the principal at Greenacres Elementary not even callin my parents to whack me! They knew my parents, and knew they would want may ass tanned. Although painful at times , those where the good old days!!!

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GENIUS AND STUPID IS THAT GENIUS HAS ITS LIMITS.
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 11:10:38 AM »

talk about comparisons I got this in an E-mail today, I am sharing it not to inflame anyone but once you read it there is alot of implied truth.

WEATHER BULLETIN

Up here, in the "Mile-Hi City", we just recovered from a
Historic event---
  may I even say a "Weather Event" of "Biblical Proportions" ---
with a
  historic blizzard of up to 44" inches of snow and winds to 90
MPH that broke

trees in half, knocked down utility poles, stranded hundreds of
motorists in

lethal snow banks, closed ALL roads, isolated scores of
communities and cut
  power to 10's of thousands.

FYI:

George Bush did not come.

FEMA did nothing.

No one howled for the government.

No one blamed the government.

No one even uttered an expletive on TV.

Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton did not visit.

Our Mayor did not blame Bush or anyone else.

Our Governor did not blame Bush or anyone else, either.

CNN, ABC, CBS, FOX or NBC did not visit - or report on this
category 5
  snowstorm. Nobody demanded $2,000 debit cards.

No one asked for a FEMA Trailer House.

No one looted.

Nobody - I mean Nobody demanded the government do something.

Nobody expected the government to do anything, either.

No Larry King, No Bill O'Rielly, No Oprah, No Chris Mathews and
No Geraldo
  Rivera.

No Shaun Penn, No Barbara Striesand, No Hollywood types to be
found.

Nope, we just melted the snow for water.

Sent out caravans of SUV's to pluck people out of snow engulfed
cars.

The truck drivers pulled people out of snow banks and didn't ask
for a
  penny.

Local restaurants made food and the police and fire departments
delivered it

to the snowbound families.

Families took in the stranded people - total strangers.

We fired up wood stoves, broke out coal oil lanterns or Coleman
lanterns.

We put on extra layers of clothes because up here it is "Work or
Die".

We did not wait for some affirmative action government to get us
out of a
  mess created by being immobilized by a welfare program that
trades votes for

'sittin at home' checks.

Even though a Category "5" blizzard of this scale has never
fallen this
  early, we know it can happen and how to deal with it ourselves.

"In my many travels, I have noticed that once one gets north of
about 48
  degrees North Latitude, 90% of the world's social problems
evaporate."

It does seem that way, at least to me.

I hope this gets passed on.

Maybe SOME people will get the message. The world does Not owe
you a
  living
Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 11:30:16 AM »

i remember the principal at Greenacres Elementary not even callin my parents to whack me! They knew my parents, and knew they would want may ass tanned. Although painful at times , those where the good old days!!!

LOL. That's funny to me because I went to school there for 1 year and remember being paddled at least once.

Bill

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
SomBch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 11:37:13 AM »

oh yeah? another Greenacres Bulldogs Alumni!!

yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 12:21:21 PM »

That was also good Chuck.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 12:58:29 PM »

I was at the tail end of the whacks in school. I was in kindergarten and at a private school. I visited the principals office many times, got my tail lit up. Got it again when I got home. After that, the rest of my school years, I never once got a detention or anything else. I learned good and damn well that if I acted up there would be penalties. PARENTS, PLEASE BEAT YOUR KIDS TAILS WHEN THEY DO SOMETHING STUPID, THEY WILL GROW UP MUCH BETTER PEOPLE.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 01:03:49 PM by bigscrub79 » Logged

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 11:17:26 PM »

that stuff is sad but true.

i didnt even get in trouble in school. i was taught early to obey authority.
Loven It
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 08:41:02 AM »

This goes with this post as well. 2 kids get into a fight now a days and see what happens. What I saw on the news was the 7yr old was tired of getting picked on by the 11/12 yr old.

TAMPA - A 7-year-old boy involved in a bus stop fracas this week was placed in a patrol car and taken to juvenile detention. As he was removing his shoestrings - a part of the booking process - he was sent home because he was too young even for juvenile hall.

The boy's ordeal may not be over. Prosecutors have instructed Hillsborough County sheriff's deputies investigating the bus stop dust-up to forward their investigation to the state attorney's office.

Sheriff's spokeswoman Debbie Carter said that about 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, the mother of a child, age 11 or 12, called deputies to demand they arrest the 7-year-old.

"She said the 7-year-old threw a book bag at her son," Carter said, "and she was insistent on arresting him." The child did not need medical attention, Carter said.

The deputy then talked to the mother of the 7-year-old, Carter said, and she agreed he was uncontrollable and that the deputy should take him in.

The deputy then drove to Lopez Elementary School and had administrators call the 7-year-old to the office, where he was arrested on a misdemeanor battery charge, Carter said.

The child was taken to the county's juvenile assessment center but was turned away because the deputy was told the center doesn't accept children younger than 10, Carter said.

That's when prosecutors were called, Carter said.

"We spoke with the deputies and instructed them not to arrest the 7-year-old," Assistant State Attorney Pam Bondi said. "If they wanted to send us the paperwork, … our juvenile division would review it."

She said prosecuting a 7-year-old would be difficult.

The child was driven back to school, where he resumed his classes. His name is not being published because of his age.

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
SomBch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 08:54:20 AM »

that is the dumbest sh--  I have ever heard !!! two  little kids going toe to toe and you want to arrest them? the mother that wanted the kid arrested is just as stupid as the officer that decided to arrest the kid!! All kids need is a good ass whoopin to  keep em in line , they dont need to get booked!!!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 08:56:33 AM by SomBch » Logged

Loven It
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 09:07:08 AM »

that is the dumbest sh--  I have ever heard !!! two  little kids going toe to toe and you want to arrest them? the mother that wanted the kid arrested is just as stupid as the officer that decided to arrest the kid!! All kids need is a good ass whoopin to  keep em in line , they dont need to get booked!!!

After seeing the news story on tv - seems to me the mom of the older kid was mad this 7 yr old had enough and did something.

My son is 6 yrs old...he kept getting made fun of in summer camp by a 4th grader (so that makes the kid what 3 yrs older than him). I talked to the camp they said kids will be kids. I told them well then the next time my 6yr old comes home crying about being bullied I will tell him how to handle it. The next day he comes home upset again. The 4th grader kept like hitting my son in the back of the head. I told him the very next time this happens tell him to stop, if he dosen't tell the teacher. He told the teacher they moved the older kid. The kid then comes back and starts again because my son got him in trouble. What did my son do - warned him the next time you touch me you are not gonna be happy. So he did, my son clocked him, I got a phone call, I refused to go get him from camp - told the instructors you were aware of the situation, and continued to allow a 4th grader to pick on a kid in Kindergarten. Why did they step up all the sudden. The 4th grader called his mom crying that he was beat up by a 6yr old. His mom freaks out...I see her at the camp and told her, tell your kid to keep his hands off my son or you son will be dealing with me. Keep in mind this happend for 4 weeks. I finally told my 6yr old - you don't have to take it. I had already told the kid as well keep your hands off my son or I will not be responsible when he has had enough of you.

Needless to say my 6yr old has a rep at camp - don't mess with him he will beat you up.

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com