Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Show off your fish!!!  (Read 20671 times)
budman
Supreme Member

No, I'm not depressed...I'm just guarding my beer!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2004, 02:56:02 PM »

Believe me,151 dolphin wouldn't even make a dent in a 1/4 mile radius of the ocean. Deep sea boats catch them by the thousands via nets and sell them to restaurants and have done this for years as well as generations of there familes. If you catch that many and give them away to freinds and family to eat than i say more power to you. On the other hand if you catch that many and eat a few and let the majority rot than thats pretty stupid. Did you catch them all with a rod and reel with light tackle? That would be a dream day of fishing. I'm jealous.

Have you fished South Fl off shore at all? Used to be that you could catch bigger fish and more years ago, but due to overkill, and keeping undersize fish, stocks are definatly depleted. Any fishing magazine can tell you that. I can only speak for myself, but I only keep what I will eat in a reasonable time, and if my friends want fish, go fishing. Just because you can catch them all, why not leave some behind?

www.rratv.net

2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2004, 03:20:49 PM »

Budman dont let it get to you. Hate to said it, if he didnt do it the next guy will. thats how it is now a days. We know that not Sportfishing! taking  schoolies to get a fish stick of a fillet. All I can said is next time try to let a whole ballyhoo dirft past the schoolies and you may catch some thing to be proud of. That where the big are, not the babies around your boat.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 01:07:41 PM by hell-blaster » Logged

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
fbc311

*FBC*

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2004, 03:48:15 PM »

we were commercial fishing all of it was sold
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2004, 03:53:43 PM »

I grew up in Hollywood and worked in Miami and most of my family is still in Hollywood. I lived in a house on the water off of Griffin Rd behind Fantasy lounge and Lou's bait and tackle. I remember rigging up triple hooked ballyhoo numerous weekends working at Lou's when i was 12 and 13 years old. I fished those canals,the intercoastal from Dania to Miami,out thru Port everglades miles out and back in Miami inlet,so to answer your question,yes i have fished South Florida waters.What magazines say that individual anglers are responsible for this so called fish shortage? I still insist that 151 dolphin do not put a dent in sport fising. You may have a point if your'e fishing for snook or certain inlet sport fish that live in back water coves or channels that are fished regularly in those same spots but to say 151 dolphin from the OCEAN take away from our kids fishing? I cant buy it. No disrespect just my 2 cents. I personally would not have kept 151 dolphin,but only because i wouldn't want to have to haul,deliver,clean or eat that many,but what a fun time catching them it would be.
yfzmasterr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2004, 07:09:36 PM »

A morning in the keys
DierWolf

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2004, 06:46:21 AM »

fbc311

Hope your not proud of the 151 dolfin catch, i would not be, down here its illegal to catch such small dolfins.  If you ask me they dont even look old or big enough to have had any  amount of time to reproduce properly, so yes that does put a big dent all by itself into the dolfin population.

Commercial or not I would be ashamed and would feel rather sh!tty killing such a large amount of VERY SMALL dolfins.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 06:47:47 AM by DierWolf » Logged
budman
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2004, 06:54:03 AM »

But that's what it is all about...Me Me Me ...I can't be causing damage cuz what can one fisherman do? tThere are a thousand more like that here, and they don't realize the impact of juvenile fish being taken out before they have a chance to do nature's calling. Further depleting the stock. After all, how can just one fisherman be doing damage when commercial fisherman catch so many more? Well, if they do it why can't I?  Me Me Me....
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 06:56:11 AM by budman » Logged

www.rratv.net

34Qt Coleman cooler,
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
06 Recon (not mine)
DierWolf

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2004, 07:01:31 AM »

Here is a worthwhile Fight/Catch.

This is from my uncles charter in St. Maarten.

And thats the average size in the entire caribbean, why? Limits on Quantity and Minimum Weight and believe me there are TONS of Japanese Trollers trolling here and docked here and they abide by the rules as well, so dont blame it on Commercial boats blame it on your State fishing laws.

DierWolf

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2004, 07:11:49 AM »

I mean jesus christmas man, here i am scowering the picture for this "SHARK!!!" and low and behold i finally find the dang thing in his right hand....

Must be some stupid dock with no controls to allow such a thing.

I know there are rules in florida, used to live there, but if this is the legal sizes i'm 100% happy you get to what you get, enjoy it you wount run accross anything much bigger anytime soon.
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2004, 09:08:32 AM »

Hey Budman and Dierwolf, i admit when i am wrong and truthfully i never even thought about the reproducing issue. You have enlightened me. That and seeing the pics of the big dolphin really drove your point home. Wish i had some pictures of some of the tarpon,snook and sheeps head i caught off of griffin rd when i was younger. But with no pictures i guess there just fish stories.LOL. Hope to meet you guys at the rodman ride. In a strange way i miss hollywood.I would like to B.S  about some old landmarks. See ya.
budman
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2004, 09:13:56 AM »

Hey Budman and Dierwolf, i admit when i am wrong and truthfully i never even thought about the reproducing issue. You have enlightened me. That and seeing the pics of the big dolphin really drove your point home. Wish i had some pictures of some of the tarpon,snook and sheeps head i caught off of griffin rd when i was younger. But with no pictures i guess there just fish stories.LOL. Hope to meet you guys at the rodman ride. In a strange way i miss hollywood.I would like to B.S  about some old landmarks. See ya.

Hey, I have plenty of those stories too... Grin hopefully I can still make Rodman, and catch ya there..

www.rratv.net

34Qt Coleman cooler,
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
06 Recon (not mine)
Thrasher
Supreme Member

i have a headache...

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2004, 09:31:04 AM »

Hey, I have plenty of those stories too... Grin hopefully I can still make Rodman, and catch ya there..

didn't u break the quad that wasnt yers that u ride?

she gonna let u ride it still?

Cheesy

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can Cheesy

Out to pis
budman
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2004, 11:43:58 AM »

didn't u break the quad that wasnt yers that u ride?

she gonna let u ride it still?

Cheesy

Not only did I break the quad I ride that ain't mine that she lets me use, I broke the truck that ain't mine that she MAKES me drive when the bikes are being towed, and paid for the ticket for the trailer that I DO own, but wasn't towing when it was ticketed, but I paid for half the bike that I don't ride, unless the child that's not mine has to rest the throttle thumb that IS his gets tired. (whew)......If I get the bike that's not mine fixed and have the funds once again, I'll be there...

www.rratv.net

34Qt Coleman cooler,
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
06 Recon (not mine)
Thrasher
Supreme Member

i have a headache...

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2004, 02:11:59 PM »

Not only did I break the quad I ride that ain't mine that she lets me use, I broke the truck that ain't mine that she MAKES me drive when the bikes are being towed, and paid for the ticket for the trailer that I DO own, but wasn't towing when it was ticketed, but I paid for half the bike that I don't ride, unless the child that's not mine has to rest the throttle thumb that IS his gets tired. (whew)......If I get the bike that's not mine fixed and have the funds once again, I'll be there...

woah...thats deep!

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can Cheesy

Out to pis
atvgirl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2005, 06:28:02 AM »

Hey Budman......I'll teach how to do some fishing!!!  LOL  Nice pics!!  Been a couple months since we been mudding cause of the hurricanes, wanted to let you know BamBam and I will be going out to l-cross the 21-23 of Jan., miss everyone!!  Hope to see the gang out there!!!!!  Ride on!!
Thrasher
Supreme Member

i have a headache...

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2005, 09:00:51 AM »

everyone is gonna be up in OCala that weekend! u ought to head up that way!

Out to pis
atvgirl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2005, 09:05:09 AM »

Love to budman, but have a big group from our neighborhood going out to l-cross, first time for a few!  Thank goodness there is always a next time!!!  You guys have fun and keep me updated on your riding trips if you want two extra to tag along.  My personal e-mail is under my profile!!  Until then, ride on Budman!!!!! Cool
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2005, 09:10:57 AM »

check these out.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile