Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: next mod for new banshee?  (Read 35583 times)
WAKORB

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 03, 2007, 08:10:25 PM »

2006 yamaha banshee 350 with

-Toomey T5 exhaust and jet kit
  http://www.toomey.com/
-K&N powerlid with outerwear pre filter and no airfilter in the box
 http://www.knfilters.com/powerlid.htm
-reed spacers placed between the reed cage and the carb
http://www.trinityracing.com/products/yamaha/bansheereedspacer.html
-Delta 3 V-Force reed valve and reeds
 http://www.mototassinari.com/atv.php
-rear sprocket went up 3 teeth

What is the next couple of best mods for the money? I have listed a few ideas below but am open to all thoughts. I don't want to mod the cylinders or heads as I would like to go to a big bore kit later http://www.trinityracing.com/products/cheetah/cheetah.html. Yes money is an issue if you were wondering?

Clutch lockout
A lockout is designed to do two things, (1) eliminate excessive clutch slippage to facilitate the
transfer of as much horsepower to the rear tires as possible and (2) make the bike quicker
http://www.directdrivecnc.net/banlockout.html

Adjustable Timing Plate
advancing your timing
http://www.trinityracing.com/products/yamaha/bansheetiming.html

Timing Advance Key
Add 1.5 hp. All this key does is advance the timing by 3 degrees. By doing this your quad will rev quicker and hit the power band faster.
http://store.albaaction.com/shop/BANSHEE-ADV-KEY.html

Pro Design water pump mega flow impeller. The advanced design flows more liquid -providing up to 30% more efficient cooling!
http://store.albaaction.com/shop/PD410.html

Dropping one tooth on the front sprocket?

Ignition system

« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 08:14:49 PM by WAKORB » Logged
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 07:52:17 PM »

I have an adjustable timing plate I think I will sell $20 shipped.  you don't need a lockup in my opinion.  If you really want some good advice, you need to pm cutngrs, he is the banshee man on here.

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 08:11:55 PM »

I would probably go with the bigger water pump. That way you wont have to worry about baking you engine when you decide to do= another major motor modification. Plus less heat=more power! Wink

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 11:53:45 AM »

I don't know your location, but 535banshee is in Naples and does good work.  cutngrs is in ocala and does good work.  either one and you will be very very happy.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
WAKORB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 07:48:43 PM »

I have an adjustable timing plate I think I will sell $20 shipped.  you don't need a lockup in my opinion.  If you really want some good advice, you need to pm cutngrs, he is the banshee man on here.

Have you ridden a banshee with the clutch lockout? Why do you not like your timing plate? How many degrees did you go on the taming advance? I think stock timing is 17 degrees, correct? thanks for the heads up about cutngrs and 535Banshee i will look them up. Also has anyone ever had a 500cc big bore or better engine, and has any words of wisdom? ( thanks smoke and mudder )
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 09:53:25 AM »

yeah, i just rode cutngrs drag banshee last weekend that had a lockout, but it is a drag banshee, for trailriding a lockout is not necessary, spend the money elsewhere.  if you plan to get into drag racing, then yes a lockout is necessary, very necessary.  i have a timing plate because i took it off my banshee that i sold because i had a dyna fs ignition that already had the timing advanced 5 degrees.  cutngrs has a 610cc cheetah motor and 535 has even bigger motor so they would be the ones to ask about the big motors.  good luck man. 

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 06:17:49 PM »

I would put the money into the carbs ( bigger), And as mentioned a Billet water pump impeller.
 Jason is right, you dont need a lock up, unless your planning on getting into drag racing. But that is gonna cost some $$$$$$$$$$

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
WAKORB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 10:00:14 AM »

yeah, i just rode cutngrs drag banshee last weekend that had a lockout, but it is a drag banshee, for trailriding a lockout is not necessary, spend the money elsewhere.  if you plan to get into drag racing, then yes a lockout is necessary, very necessary.  i have a timing plate because i took it off my banshee that i sold because i had a dyna fs ignition that already had the timing advanced 5 degrees.  cutngrs has a 610cc cheetah motor and 535 has even bigger motor so they would be the ones to ask about the big motors.  good luck man. 

Well before I get a timing plate perhaps i should ask do you feel that the ignition is a better way to go than the timing plate? Also if i wanted it how would we exchange money for part? I am in Orlando but make frequent trips to Miami. I was ridding for the first time on this machine last night and noticed that when power slidding (drifting) thru the turns or doing donuts the bike would sputter at very high rpm. I think this might be due to the reed spacers being placed between the carbs and the reed valves. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 10:37:58 AM by WAKORB » Logged
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 02:50:14 PM »

how old are you and what are you planning to do with this bike?
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 09:19:07 PM »

The sputtering at the very high RPMs could be that the main jets are one or two sizes off?

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.
WAKORB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 08:59:36 AM »

how old are you and what are you planning to do with this bike?

I am 27 and like trail riding in Ocala. Me and my dad drag race from time to time as well. I really like the ability to have the torque on demand to lift the front end with little effort. Mainly I gust like to ride hard and fast but when with the fam I can only hit it hard for short burst before getting to far from the fam and have to back down. Unlike A lot of guys I don't care for the super high speeds and really get into 5th and 6th gear. Also thanks accepting the invite.
     As for the jetting you think i need to go up a size on the Toomey jetting? Not saying I know one way or another but I really think it is coming from the reed spacer and may need to move it to be between the mottor and the reed valve instead of betwen the carb and the reed valve. But again don't know and was looking for input and will look into a 290 instead of the 280 i am currently running.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 09:17:59 AM by WAKORB » Logged
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 10:01:32 AM »

first off for the type of riding that you are doing you need to sell your pipes and get a set of low to mids paul turners. this is what i would do for that bike.....

pipes - paul turners
carb- trinity racing single carb kit(33mm) without porting (35mm) with porting
trinity racing head with pump gas domes
the best thing for that motor "PORTING" TRINITY RACING STAGE "PRO MX"
trinity timing plate because you can adjust timing without taking off flywheel with thier plate
after all that go with a lock-up- every motor from stock to all out drags will have clutch slip. the lock-up with help this. i had this same set up and the lock-up helped big time.

trust me on this your bike will be real fun to ride with this set up.
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 10:09:09 AM »

forgot to tell you dont waste your money on a cdi box, its not worth the money. put the money into your porting or single carb. i am a dealer for alot of shops and can get you put down the right road. call me at 239-253-2616
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 10:15:47 AM »

I woods raced a banshee for quite some time...
If your going to stay in the woods...everyone who has posted has some good tips.
Timing plate +4 deg, keep the ignition stock.
I personally like the T5 pipes, I still run them to this day.
single carb! the 35mm trinity or the one cascade sells makes a HUGE difference on the bottom end and we run a 38mm single on my brothers 421 cub set up and love it.
A lockup wont do you any good...

Now if you want a BB motor.. i have a 421 cub ill sell ya.. Grin
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 11:40:11 AM by Hoosier Daddy » Logged

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 10:29:12 AM »

I HAVE USED T5'S,TRINITY PIPES,FMF, PRO CIRUIT AND MORE. THE PAUL TURNERS WORKED THE BEST OUT OF ALL THEM.
TELLING YOU FROM WHAT I HAVE SOLD AND BUILT FOR PEOPLE THE SINGLE CARB AND PRO MX KIT WORKS GREAT AND NEVER HAD A CUSTUMER THAT WASNT HAPPY WITH IT.
THE 4 MIL KIT CHRIS HAS IS A GOOD WAY TO GO ALSO.
WAKORB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 01:56:36 PM »

first off for the type of riding that you are doing you need to sell your pipes and get a set of low to mids paul turners. this is what i would do for that bike.....

pipes - paul turners
carb- trinity racing single carb kit(33mm) without porting (35mm) with porting
trinity racing head with pump gas domes
the best thing for that motor "PORTING" TRINITY RACING STAGE "PRO MX"
trinity timing plate because you can adjust timing without taking off flywheel with thier plate
after all that go with a lock-up- every motor from stock to all out drags will have clutch slip. the lock-up with help this. i had this same set up and the lock-up helped big time.

trust me on this your bike will be real fun to ride with this set up.

Great info. I appreciate how you listed all the options. Now remembering I know nothing so don't kill me but a single 33mm carb instead of (2) 26mm just seams like Less fuel and air and would not supply enough. I understand that for it to be sold on Trinity's web site says it all due to the reputation i have heard about them. If you could explain this in any grater detail it would be much appreciated.
http://www.trinityracing.com/products/yamaha/bansheecvkit.html
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007, 02:24:33 PM »

heres how it works-

the pistons in your motor go up and down at different times. because of this, one cylinder is pulling fuel from the carb at a time. not both cylinders at one time. your motor will pull more fuel now because it is pulling threw a 33mm opening not a 26mm opening. no more need to keep your carbs in sink. because of this you will get alot better bottom end power.
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2007, 05:46:29 PM »

yep!

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
cutngrs
Supreme Member

PUT UP $$$ OR SHUT THE HELL UP

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 07:02:46 PM »

i would buy  that  4 mill 421 cub chris has and put them   t 5 on it  with a single carb set up  and trail ride it       woh hooo    what ride that would be   Drive Wave Oh my god! Looney

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL
06 BaNsHeE
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2007, 07:20:33 PM »

You should go sign up on bansheehq.com. Trust me....Why would you want a cub and t5's and a single carb kit?For trails a cub is horrible.Go get a good trail port save the money up and buy better suspension.Stay with t5's you wont regret them at all once you port it.get a timing plate and advance it +4.Get your head shaved.If you live anywhere near miami I will highly reccomend Pedro at 99performance he knows his sh*t.
cutngrs
Supreme Member

PUT UP $$$ OR SHUT THE HELL UP

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2007, 08:04:54 PM »

You should go sign up on bansheehq.com. Trust me....Why would you want a cub and t5's and a single carb kit?For trails a cub is horrible.Go get a good trail port save the money up and buy better suspension.Stay with t5's you wont regret them at all once you port it.get a timing plate and advance it +4.Get your head shaved.If you live anywhere near miami I will highly reccomend Pedro at 99performance he knows his sh*t.

first things first   t 5 are a great pipe for a stock banshee   but  thats what a t5 is made for a stock banshee   once you start to port a banshee  a set of t5  will not rev at high rpms   they will work great at bottom and ok at mid and then it will feel like you about to fall over the handle bars    i was jokeing  about a cub on trails  i would not want to see some one kill them selfs   first off  think of how much money you want to spend and how fast you wanna go  there are a bunch of combos you could  do to get what you want   i sent you a pm  so if you want to give me a call

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2007, 08:22:28 PM »

TRUST ME. GO WILL THE PAUL TURNER PIPES AND A PRO MX PORT FROM TRINITY!
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2007, 08:26:54 PM »

PIC
http://www.duncanracing.com/prods/PT-335M/

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 08:31:13 PM by 535banshee » Logged
06 BaNsHeE
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2007, 07:08:06 AM »

first things first   t 5 are a great pipe for a stock banshee   but  thats what a t5 is made for a stock banshee   once you start to port a banshee  a set of t5  will not rev at high rpms   they will work great at bottom and ok at mid and then it will feel like you about to fall over the handle bars    i was jokeing  about a cub on trails  i would not want to see some one kill them selfs   first off  think of how much money you want to spend and how fast you wanna go  there are a bunch of combos you could  do to get what you want   i sent you a pm  so if you want to give me a call

Depends what type of porting he gets.If you get like a trail/mx port you will be awesome with t5's.Now t6s are horrible with non-stock engines.which ever he gets it will still be a night and day diffrence
WAKORB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2007, 11:34:09 AM »

Sounds like the one thing everyone agrees on is the timming plate and 4 deg. not to mention cost efective. Smoknbanshee I would love to take you up on that offer please pm me if you are still interested. then I think the water pump impeler followed by a clutch lockup followed by the single carb setup will be my goal for the next year then maybe the bigbore motor and with porting and new pipes latter down the road. As for the Paul Tuners man that is a completly difrent design, WOW. Not to take your advise Cutngrs but I just jot the bike for X-mas and my wife had the Toomeys put on so I likely wont git rid of them till a BB motor is done. Thanks evey one for the input it has been great.

A few more questions I have are

1. Is 4 deg pushing it or prety safe as not to get knock?
2. With a single Carb what size and jetting do you recomend?
3. With carbs is it not true that bigger is not always better due to the fact that a smaller carb will have more vacum than a largeer one?

« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 11:52:04 AM by WAKORB » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com