Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is this place called??  (Read 5328 times)
Silverstar

Sportin' a Vinson!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: December 29, 2006, 09:38:20 PM »

The other day we were heading down south on 95 and a little ways south of Daytona (seemed like 5-10 miles??) right off of 95 i saw a huge spot with a bunch of trucks with trailers parked there and a bunch of quads. It looked like a pretty large area to ride and it looked like it might even have some decent mud too. Of course it had been raining for 2 days too. Does anybody know what this place is called?? Is it legal? I'm guessing it's free seeing as how it was just a big dirt area with a bunch of trucks parked there. How do you get there, I saw it off of 95 but their was no way to get to it from there. Thanks for any info.

04 Suzuki Vinson 500 manual tranny. 25" mudzillas, snorkeled. Still have my samurai for sale.
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 09:53:48 PM »

i think its called 5a
Silverstar

Sportin' a Vinson!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 10:41:05 PM »

Ohh, I thought that was down in south florida. Isn't thier alot of wrecks there?

04 Suzuki Vinson 500 manual tranny. 25" mudzillas, snorkeled. Still have my samurai for sale.
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 11:09:41 PM »

nah not if ur safe but dont mess w/ the prop owners esp now durin hunting season freind o mine has a huntin camp out there n we hunt out there i heard theyve gotn violant out there w/ atvers that screw w/ there stuff pullin guns on em n such dont leave trash n respect the owners n its legal plenty of mud to yu can get there from the north side too off ole maytown rode

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
Crashking

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 11:18:21 PM »

i think its called 5a

i don't think it's 5a.... cause you can get to there from 95... maybe it was the maytown side? never been up that way before... but the time i had been lookin for a way to get there it was not accessible from 95
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 11:35:46 PM »

yeah its 5a bout 1/2 hour so of daytona 40 min north of cocoa u can git to it from both sides i been huntin n muddin n shootin out there @ my buddyz proprty forever

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 06:04:47 PM »

its called scottsmore ive never ridden there but i have seen a lot of quads there

Silverstar

Sportin' a Vinson!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 12:29:59 PM »

So you can ride out there even if you're not a property owner? It looked really cool. I would definately respect the hunters stuff as I am one myself. I've also never left trash anywhere i've ridden, I always carry out what I carried in. I might have to check this place out but i'll probably wait till the end of this month when hunting season is over. Thanks for the help though.

randyz

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 07:13:54 AM »

I was out there a couple weeks ago and they have posted a few No Trespassing signs up on the trees now.  Im hoping this is just for hunting season as its the only good place around here to ride.
Silverstar

Sportin' a Vinson!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 11:05:40 AM »

After reading about all the bad accidents out there I don't think I wana go anyway. I'll just stick to the forest and Holopaw.

likitysplit

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 04:50:55 PM »

It is called Scottsmore. it is a good place to ride - nice hills in the back. Muddy during wet season.

05 VINSON MANUAL
Silverstar

Sportin' a Vinson!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 11:27:41 AM »

Is it 5a or scottsmore?? Are they the same place? I'm starting to get confused. The place i'm talking about is a little ways south of the LPGA blvd. exit for Daytona on the right side (heading south) of I-95. It looked kinda like a big dirt parking area with alot of woods back behind it, and it looked pretty muddy(now granted this was the day after Christmas and it had been raining for 2 days). The trucks were parked in the dirt area right off of the linttle rinky-dink road that runs paralell with I-95.

randyz

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 10:15:56 PM »

Scottsmore and 5A are the same thing.  Its exit 231 which puts it about 34 miles south of Daytona.
Silverstar

Sportin' a Vinson!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 12:22:12 PM »

Ok thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering why some were saying it was 5A and some were saying it is scottsmore? I kinda figured that it was 1 in the same but I wanted to make sure. Thanks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com