Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Byway meeting/ONFA  (Read 19910 times)
lisa

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2007, 06:24:27 PM »

Boy, man....that really bums me out!  Sad Not!!!  Tongue

In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1904
lisa

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2007, 07:00:43 PM »

Oh man, I just thought of another reason that ONFA would want to back the Byway, despite two of its BoDs speaking out against the Byway.....grant monies!  Oh, all-of-a-sudden now the Byway is wanted/needed by ONFA....just keeps getting more and more interesting.....

In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
lisa

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2007, 07:07:42 PM »

I should have posted this before, many groups like ONFA have been started by State and Federal agencies as a front for grants. Friends of State Forests has been started for just this purpose. I am not surprised that the Forestry started ONFA for this purpose.

I am just amazed, and will keep repeating my amazement about this fact. That two folks on here have claimed over and over again how bad they think the Byway is, yet are going to keep ONFA involved in it. What are ya'll (the message board members) gonna do and say when ONFA is made a partner in the Byway? Once ONFA is made a partner, they will have to abide by the Corridor Management Plan. That is what partner means.

In His Hands,
Lisa
HondaATC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2007, 08:11:22 PM »

I am not a member of the ONFA, nor do I personally know any members of the ONFA, nor have I ever spoken at length with any members of the ONFA. But I would like to say there is two sides to every story and reasoning to every decision that the average person will not know or comprehend. If the ONFA is "partners" with the by-way, then perhaps it is to have an inside eyeball on what they are doing? Nothing in this world is black and white, the ONFA has their reasons that they may or may not choose to reveal. Until they actually do, do something that would cause some area to close or have more restrictions come into place I think this discussion is a pretty pointless waste of time.

My .02 from an outsider.

1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R
lisa

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2007, 08:41:14 PM »

ONFA does not want an "inside view". Anyone can attend the meetings whenever they choose without being a partner. I have stated a couple of times that both Terry and Nate have expressed their opposition to the byway. Yes, there are two sides to every story. I am sorry, but I feel that you have a right to know why two people who oppose something personally would want you, their sponsor involved.

Florida Airboat Association (FAA) has stayed a member of Florida Wildlife Federation (FWF), but only by one vote. Do you know why? A few men stood up and expressed their "keep your enemies closer" idea and the fact that they want to have a vote on an organization that is an against the very ideas that it was started for. One of those men is a life-long member of FWF.  Sometime after FAA voted, the one man who was the life-long member of FWF called the FAA president back and apologized for being one of the influences of keeping FAA a member of FWF. He realized what I was saying, to stay a member, or become a partner is to give such organizations "support" either monitarily or through being a "partner".

This man was not dumb. He had the idea to just "get along" and "work with" someone too. Folks, look at the win today down in Collier County. Ya'll now have a place to play. That didn't happen by "working with" the SFWMD. That didn't come from "keeping their enemy closer". That came from fighting against the grain. Against those who took away the places to play. Ya'll really need to start hearing this. I am not saying this stuff to cause trouble. I have been talking with others who have been fighting for more than 15-years, this is from their experience. I am saying things that they have found out the hard way. Who are any of you to think that things will be different just because you are in the game?

Until you attend the meetings I do, hear what is said, see for yourself what "they" are all about, you have no clue what is really going on out there. You don't want to listen to someone who has been attending meetings, talking to these folks for over 3-years now.

Do ya'll know that at the Blue Ribbon Panel meeting I attended in Aug. 5, 2005 that the Forestry representative leaned over, in front of me, and said to the SJRWMD guy; "we should work harder to let the private sector know how much money is in off-road recreation, that way we can get them (meaning us, the ORVs and OHVs) off of our lands." Yes, the Forestry Rep from Tallahassee said that. Hello! Wake up and hear the things being said about you! Think, reason, open your minds......

In His Hands,
Lisa
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2007, 08:56:55 PM »

I guess my biggest objection here is the condensending way people are lectured.  Maybe, just maybe, there are people as smart or smarter than the lecturer.   I despise hearing an anchor person after a speech telling me what was said.  I can understand what is going on without that extra twaddle.  While I respect everyone's right to have a view, I do not need or want it shoved down my throat.  I am completely capable of research and study as anyone else is.   I appreciate the efforts the ONFA is making and expect because they are human that there will be errors in the process. 
HondaATC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »

Until they actually do, do something that would cause some area to close or have more restrictions come into place I think this discussion is a pretty pointless waste of time.

COUGH, COUGH

1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2007, 08:13:11 AM »

Here is the whole quote by Mark Twain:

Be good and you will be lonesome.
- Following the Equator

That quote is only a little part of that line. Interesting...

yes, but the quote I put up was the chorus of "That's what living is to me" by Jimmy Buffett and in the beginning of the song he quoted Clemens,,,then made a little remark near the end of the song about him.

That song prompted me to read the book.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2007, 08:17:52 AM »

Don't like Jimmy Buffet, to much a greenie for me. Depends on what Samuel Clemens meant by "be good" doesn't it? Be good could mean doing what you feel is right, be good could mean not bucking the flow, be good could mean standing strong against opposition, as in the quote I put up. Interesting, I will look up the context of that quote, thanks Ida.

As I said too, I did mean my apology, did any of you "accept it" after it was made in the time before I got pissed at someone's deliberate misdirection? Nope. Sorry Ida, you had no intention of accepting my apology, again, just be honest. I admire that more than the "white lies" than anything else.

Hey, am I helping you vent? You can vent on me, I don't mind, and "yelling" at me is much more harmless than getting worked up at your ex. You can turn me off... Tongue

quick, what am I thinking now,,,,,since you say you can read what others think I thought you might be able to tell me now.

don't presume you know what I, or anyone else is thinking or intends to do.

Now you really are sounding like my ex-wife.

There was a reason I stopped paying attention to her ranting,,,,seems like the same reason I should stop paying attention to yours.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
lisa

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2007, 06:11:41 PM »

Now, now, all men say that when evading the truth...  Tongue Girls, ya'll can relate right?  Wink

In His Hands,
Lisa
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2007, 07:48:42 PM »

not really.  I dont think there was any evasion.  Anyway I can fully relate with how he feels about ex's. 
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2007, 08:16:21 PM »

not really.  I dont think there was any evasion.  Anyway I can fully relate with how he feels about ex's. 

high five?

Wave

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
lisa

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2007, 02:50:43 PM »

Kiss

In His Hands,
Lisa
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com