Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DS650 Motorcycle Engine Conversion  (Read 20949 times)
TurboBanshee_kid
Supreme Member

banshee's 4 life and 2stroke's 4 life!!!!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 18, 2006, 08:43:28 PM »

I would like to have the build total under $8,000. What parts would I need to up grade on the DS650 to do this Conversion right. I plan on trail riding and doing a little dirt racing with the quad. I would also like to have the bike be reliable. Would it be possible to use the motor cycle’s brakes on the DS650? What aftermarket parts would I have to put on the DS650? For example, axle, swing-arm, A-arms, suspension and brakes. These are the bikes I am looking at for the build what do you think?

2004-2000: BOMBARDIER DS650: $3,000-$2,000

Which motor do you think would be best?
2005-2001: Yamaha YZ1 $5,500-$4,000  2003-2005: Kawasaki Z1000: $5,500-$4,000 or 2006-2005: Suzuki GSXR 1000, 750, 600: $6,000-$4,000

New to the Engine 421cc Cheetah Cubs that are fully race ported, Hot Rods 4mm Stroker Crank, Ricky Stator fly wheel and 200watt stator also timing plate is at +5, NOSS Head with 17cc domes, V force 3 reeds and 36mm MIKUNI Flat Slide carbs
xr100racer

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 09:17:14 PM »

maybe after you build this bike you wont be a sissy and refuse to race people you say you can beat

this is a stupid build that will never happen

even if you are serious about this, your still an idiot
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 09:36:14 PM »

dude whats your problem xr100racer? have you ever met turbo ? problem not. i dont think he was askin your opinion?

good luck turbo i think it would be bad ass if u built a bike that all ur bikes turn out nice and clean (ur old 300ex is still runin as good as it was when i got it lol)

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
xr100racer

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 09:42:44 PM »

Turbo is always talking crap. Im refering to the time where he acted like an idiot and talked about racing on the street and refused to race that 686 raptor guy with the banshee. Remember? He pussed out and this idea with spending 8k on putting a bike engine in a DS650 will never ever happen. Its a pointless topic. Waste of time
TurboBanshee_kid
Supreme Member

banshee's 4 life and 2stroke's 4 life!!!!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 11:11:05 PM »

Gee It sure is nice to know everyone is in the christmas spirit. You have a nice one to xr100racer.

New to the Engine 421cc Cheetah Cubs that are fully race ported, Hot Rods 4mm Stroker Crank, Ricky Stator fly wheel and 200watt stator also timing plate is at +5, NOSS Head with 17cc domes, V force 3 reeds and 36mm MIKUNI Flat Slide carbs
Able

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 11:15:19 PM »

Man where are the mods on this site ? I thought bashing wasn't ok  Undecided

if he does it or not doesn't matter. You shouldn't be calling him names and bashing him. If you don't like the guy or his posts don't read or reply. Simple enough.
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 11:45:39 PM »

xr100racer what about the topic you pritty much ruined about the diesel trucks (where he got new rims)?? they called you out and i think you Pu$$Ed out too ? and mabey this is a pointless topic but where dose ur say come into play here ? i dont see any where in the rules that he cant make a topic about some thing he wants to do.

DROP & DESTROY
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
xr100racer

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 11:47:35 PM »

to all of you - Yo mama so fat she had to go to Sea World to get baptized

Yo mama so fat when she steps on a scale, it read "one at a time, please"

Yo mama so fat when her beeper goes off, people thought she was backing up

Yo mama so fat even her clothes have stretch marks!

Yo mama's got a weight problem, she can't weight to eat.

yo mama's so fat she keeps pics of food in here wallet

yo mamas so fat her blood type is Ragu

svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 12:15:26 AM »

Hard to believe you are 18.

Turbo, althought I dont like the fact that you mention street racing on a forum that is open to the public (mostly directed towards cops that frequent the site, because I myself lay into the throttle of my truck from time to time) but in all honesty, a bike engine might not be such a smart way to go if you plan on riding it on the trails.

I dont know how you plan on keeping the front down with that much power delievery. But If you were to extend the swingarm, you may be able to make a nice drag bike. I just dont see the bike being very "trail" worthy or usefull for that matter.

Also, look in cycle trader for bikes that have been crashed with cosmetic/fork damage. That should save you alot of money if you just want the engine out of a bike.

Good luck..

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
Able

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 02:03:25 AM »

I bet your parents are proud  Roll Eyes
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 10:23:50 AM »

Its possible, their use to be a ds650 with a gsx 750 engine in it running spray where I use to ride at. I wouldnt do it though, Its a waste of money to use it in the trails.
xr100racer

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 12:58:33 PM »

If he has to ask questions like "can i use the same brakes, and will i need a longer swingarm with like 150hp when the stock bike makes 40hp"  That will tell you right there he is not capable of pulling this off. He asked such a broad question.  Someone who has the ability to do a swap like this wouildnt be asking dumb questions like "what kinda parts do i need to buy?"

But SORRY for not being nice, Just keep dreaming about how your gunna spend 8 grand in parts and do all the fabrication needed so the frame can support a motorcycle engine. Its real easy, specially easy with someone as smart as you

xr100racer what about the topic you pritty much ruined about the diesel trucks (where he got new rims)?? they called you out and i think you Pu$$Ed out too ? 

learn how to read the entire post before saying something stupid

its funny how you change your username everytime you get something new. it was like 450rkid, then yfz450trx450kid, now its yfz450bronco kid. ever put those huge tires on the bronco and do the sfa swap?------no
snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

when are we going riding?

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 02:59:14 PM »

wow, your nice, but anyway, i have a ds 650 and i think it's nice now, no need to try and throw a motorcycle engine into one, but if thats what you want, it has been done, i saw one on ebay that had a cbr 900 motor in it and looked pretty sick, but they make turbos for the ds so why not just get a ds and slap a turbo on it and have some cheaper fun

http://my.50below.com/sitebuilder/publish/totalpowersports/tvipowerandsports.com/dsworks.htm

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!

http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann
Able

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 06:56:50 PM »

I've even seen DS frames with GSXR 1000 motors in them. That large frame can accommodate quite a bit of engine and even more with some good fabrication and modifications. but most DS's with motor swaps are dune machines or strictly drag quads. Check out atvconnection.com in the can-am section (formerly Bombardier) there are tons of Rotax/DS experts there with knowledge ranging from every aspect of the machine. Also consider talking to Eric (Mr. HP at hpresearch.net - think that's right) He makes all kinds of engine kits, exhausts, and just about everything else you could ever dream of for the DS. If you want a trail capable machine with tons of power you could go with his kits and save lots of money and still be up around 100 HP with no problem.
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006, 07:02:25 PM »

HHAHAHHAHAHAHA dude u dont know $hit 
If he has to ask questions like "can i use the same brakes, and will i need a longer swingarm with like 150hp when the stock bike makes 40hp"  That will tell you right there he is not capable of pulling this off. He asked such a broad question.  Someone who has the ability to do a swap like this wouildnt be asking dumb questions like "what kinda parts do i need to buy?"

But SORRY for not being nice, Just keep dreaming about how your gunna spend 8 grand in parts and do all the fabrication needed so the frame can support a motorcycle engine. Its real easy, specially easy with someone as smart as you

xr100racer what about the topic you pritty much ruined about the diesel trucks (where he got new rims)?? they called you out and i think you Pu$$Ed out too ? 

learn how to read the entire post before saying something stupid

its funny how you change your username everytime you get something new. it was like 450rkid, then yfz450trx450kid, now its yfz450bronco kid. ever put those huge tires on the bronco and do the sfa swap?------no
ok and is there a rule on this fourm that says i cant change my screen name ? and i do have a lot of bikes so what. and yes my bronco is siting on 38s right now and no i never said i was doing a SAS swap now im starting it once i get my new truck wich is kinda hard working at McDonalds and still going to school (also have to pay insurance,track $,gas $ ect........)

DROP & DESTROY
DZ 350
Supreme Member

Lift Your Truck, Fat Chicks Cant Jump

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 07:52:38 PM »

Bro i have some advice.........GROW UP Wink

BTW i think it would be sick to swap motors!!!!  and Efren don't let this little panzie get to u....

-05 raptor Alot of Stuff done to it ( FOR SALE !!!!! )

-98' CHEVY 4X4 SILVERADO W/ TO MUCH TO LIST !

-2007 RINCON 680 4X4 W/ WARN BUMPER, HMF PIPE, AND 26" OUTLAWS

-1987 Jeep Wrangler On 44" tractor Tires ( For Sale )

-2001 F-150 on 9" lift 36" TSL's (For Sale)
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 07:57:48 PM »

dont worry man he cant its the internet lol he proble thinks he is all cool here but then in real life he is sum nerd im just kinda in a frantic mood (tryin to get the yfz tittel in my name,new job,geting the yfz back from the shop,buying cloths,school,gifts,ect.... all befor sat ) lol

DROP & DESTROY
xr100racer

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 08:36:03 PM »

HHAHAHHAHAHAHA

You work at McDonalds

xr100racer

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 08:38:40 PM »

Cry  You have to pay for insurance and gas

Small price to pay after your parents bought you all your nice toys
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 09:10:35 PM »

LMAO dude u realy dont know what ur talking about like you realy realy dont
my dad got me my bronco ya for 550$ now the yfz and the 450r i got with my own $ and the recon we have isnt mine its my moms  so dont try and talk $hit unless you know the facts

i also have to pay for part's for my bikes,and any work geting done on them

and yes i do work there so what!(hAHAHHAA  i get free food lol) its a job, i worked for a MAT company but they went under so i had no work and couldnt stay jobless so i jumped on this.   
ill be quiting once i get my internship at Kelly tractor(i go to school for diesel tech )

DROP & DESTROY
xr100racer

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 09:24:27 PM »

Yeah, and can I get fries with that?

Why would you buy yfz and a trx? And didnt your mom get the yfz so she could ride with you? It was Fox17's old bike right? You should do any work on your bike on your own. Much more satisfying and less costly.

These are my favorite things to order at McDonalds.....

Daily Double with light mayo
The classic double cheesburger with no pickels
The McChicken with tomato and light mayo

I hate pickels on my burgers so bad its not even funny. I cant stand it when you tell them like 3 times because they dont speak english that you DO NOT want pickels and you still get them. Sometimes theyll even ring it up as no pickels and theres still pickels. AND sometimes they will put that little yellow smiley face on your burger that means its special just for you, But guess what when you open it.........just a regular ace double cheesburger WITH pickels
06 BaNsHeE
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 09:34:21 PM »

LMAO dude u realy dont know what ur talking about like you realy realy dont
my dad got me my bronco ya for 550$ now the yfz and the 450r i got with my own $ and the recon we have isnt mine its my moms  so dont try and talk $hit unless you know the facts

i also have to pay for part's for my bikes,and any work geting done on them

and yes i do work there so what!(hAHAHHAA  i get free food lol) its a job, i worked for a MAT company but they went under so i had no work and couldnt stay jobless so i jumped on this.   
ill be quiting once i get my internship at Kelly tractor(i go to school for diesel tech )

If anything you should be bragging you got all those bikes.Thats sick dude.About the ds with a gsx motor.I know a guy he used to ride in rinker he had a 600,blew it and put a 1000.Thing is SICK.I would prefer a banshee with like a 686 cheetah or something like that tho but do what you want and dont pay attention to what some lil 10 year old with a dinnosaur aviator says.lol
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 09:39:55 PM »

Yeah, and can I get fries with that?

Why would you buy yfz and a trx? And didnt your mom get the yfz so she could ride with you? It was Fox17's old bike right? You should do any work on your bike on your own. Much more satisfying and less costly.

These are my favorite things to order at McDonalds.....

Daily Double with light mayo
The classic double cheesburger with no pickels
The McChicken with tomato and light mayo

I hate pickels on my burgers so bad its not even funny. I cant stand it when you tell them like 3 times because they dont speak english that you DO NOT want pickels and you still get them. Sometimes theyll even ring it up as no pickels and theres still pickels. AND sometimes they will put that little yellow smiley face on your burger that means its special just for you, But guess what when you open it.........just a regular ace double cheesburger WITH pickels
yes it was fox17 bike i gave him my rancher for it and yes i got it for my mom to ride but she has to much work and no time to ride so its mine if she wanted to use it can but wont

lol sounds like you got some problems, might wanna go check out a shrink

DROP & DESTROY
xr100racer

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2006, 09:48:20 PM »

Dinasaur avatar........The species name for that particular dinasaur is Neuquenraptor argentinus. Its a raptor. When you were about 10 you should have learned about it.

Hmmmm, raptor avatar on an ATV website with 660 spelled out underneath it
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2006, 09:56:49 PM »

There is a guy I believe out in Cali. That has done a swap(quite a few actually) with a busa motor. There was alot of fabrication involved, but looked  nice, and ran like a scalded dog !!!

Turbo kid may be having a "pipe" dream, but who cares. He is still just a young kid, thats what kids do, is DREAM of things like that, SO what.

I dont however know where your gonna find a `04 ds 650 for 3k!!
I will sell you mine for 4500.00 and you can resell the motor though, and its already stretched Grin

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com