Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New shoes for the truck  (Read 23262 times)
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

Just a good ole' boy never meanin no harm.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2006, 10:28:11 PM »

Paint the box Matt itll look sweet. Cant wait to get my rig sittin on 35's with 6inch;s of lifts even though its only a 150.

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft
xr100racer

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2006, 10:38:14 PM »

Good for you, why dont you start a topic about your truck and maybe we can all give you some pointers. My last truck was a Cummins and I am well aware of what they will do. Mine had diesel dynamics stage 3 injectors, a Edge comp fueling box and a HX 40 turbo.

?.... Bigscrub and smokinbanshee were talking about their trucks, i talked about mine. Its a forum, sorry if i went off topic by not only talking about your truck  Laugh  yours looks nice btw 

Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2006, 10:39:10 PM »

this was with chrome, Ilike it better now.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2006, 10:46:43 PM »

Good for you, why dont you start a topic about your truck and maybe we can all give you some pointers. My last truck was a Cummins and I am well aware of what they will do. Mine had diesel dynamics stage 3 injectors, a Edge comp fueling box and a HX 40 turbo.

?.... Bigscrub and smokinbanshee were talking about their trucks, i talked about mine. Its a forum, sorry if i went off topic by not only talking about your truck  Laugh  yours looks nice btw 
 Bigscrub and Smoke have Fords and are friends of mine. I just get irritated with all the "diesel experts". Every kid in town with a diesel spends a few hundred bucks on a chip and thinks that they have a dragster. The only reason I'm not still driving my Dodge is because when I bought it I had 2 small children. Then I added a third child and they kept growing. The quad cab got too small.
 Enough about trucks, this is an ATV site, lets ride.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2006, 07:35:38 AM »

Are those rims teflon coated?

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
xr100racer

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2006, 07:55:02 AM »

I figured they were friends of yours, and im not someone who only spent a couple hundred bucks on a chip, I have done some more work to it im sure your familiar with. Just wanted to clear that up, nice truck and atvs are fun
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2006, 08:14:53 AM »

Are those rims teflon coated?
Yep

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2006, 11:20:42 AM »

I have been a fan of that teflon look for quite a while. What do they say about how the coating will hold up after a while? Probably better then crome does. Looks great! What did you do with the cromies? 

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2006, 04:29:58 PM »

I could hit 37psi when my 06 cummins was stock, With the chip I can hit 40psi  Cool

hate to clog up this post anymore, but until i see some video or ride in the truck, I am calling BS.

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2006, 04:55:28 PM »

I could hit 37psi when my 06 cummins was stock, With the chip I can hit 40psi  Cool

hate to clog up this post anymore, but until i see some video or ride in the truck, I am calling BS.

I would have to agree, Smoke. My 99 dodge would hit about 20lbs. stock and with mods and stock turbo around 35lbs. I believe from 2000-02 auto trucks and all the 3 rd gen dodges have such a small stock turbo that you may be able to get 40lbs of boost with enough fuel dumped in but that turbo is way out of its efficiency range and the EGTs will be at piston melting temps. My brothers Dodge hits 40+ lbs. of boost but he has an Idustrial Injection Phat shaft turbo and a few other things..http://www.industrialinjection.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IISI&Product_Code=PSSILBUL2&Category_Code=Dodge+Turbocharger

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Alba450
Supreme Member

When in doubt lock em' up!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2006, 05:11:13 PM »

I would have to agree, Smoke. My 99 dodge would hit about 20lbs. stock and with mods and stock turbo around 35lbs. I believe from 2000-02 auto trucks and all the 3 rd gen dodges have such a small stock turbo that you may be able to get 40lbs of boost with enough fuel dumped in but that turbo is way out of its efficiency range and the EGTs will be at piston melting temps. My brothers Dodge hits 40+ lbs. of boost but he has an Idustrial Injection Phat shaft turbo and a few other things..http://www.industrialinjection.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IISI&Product_Code=PSSILBUL2&Category_Code=Dodge+Turbocharger

I hate Turbos......They get so much Boost!....

My Lightning only gets 8lbs(stock)...Guess I need to get some HW on superchargers..I am hoping to get like 10-12lbs with some mods but dont know whether to put $$$ in my YFZ or the Truck...Hard Choice~

Thanks to my Sponsors at.....

***OMF Performance***
***Liquid Performance***
***Fasst Flexx Handlebars***
***Laeger's Racing***
***AMSOIL Racing***
***VORTEX Racing***
***PowerMadd Handgaurds***

"Your mom? Yeah I know her. She took more shots in the mouth than Stallone in Rocky III"
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2006, 06:03:54 PM »

Thanks chillin.  Also alot of people don't realize that more boost does not equal more power.  Chillin you are exactly right you want to have the correct amount of boost where the turbo is the most efficient.  It is not as easy as throwing a chip to a truck and hitting the go pedal. 

I did my mods responsible.  Installed gauges (pyro, boost, tran temp).  Installed other little goodies.  Installed chip (DP Tuner), jody knows his $hit.  Actually I call him to ask him what I should do next.  Then I also installed a complete transmission shift kit.  Dropped the accumulator valve body, the main valve body and the solenoid pack and changed all the shifting springs and the orfices (basically took tranny all the way apart).  Now I am going to be installing an ATS ported turbo intake housing to eliminate the surge that I am having because of the extra HP.  My truck will roll out, but I have not jeopardized the everday driver any.  My egt's don't go over 1200 degrees and my tranny temp has only reached 150 degrees the past few months. 

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
xr100racer

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2006, 08:57:23 PM »

OHHHHHHHHH KKKKKK, you dont believe? I thought we were past this part but no. Dont try to educate me on diesels telling me I dont know anything because your all idiots if you dont think a stock truck can hit 37psi. Search some forums on www.dodgetruckworld.com in the diesel section and you will find people talking about the high boost levels. But that may be too hard to do so I will take pictures of my gauge. It might be hard to believe since you all drive the best engine ever, the 6.0  Thumbs Down
xr100racer

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2006, 08:57:59 PM »

no wait, tell me how to post video

ALBA450 - my buddys got a lightning, theyre badace. hes running 8psi but is thinking about tunning for a bigger pulley
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 09:00:59 PM by xr100racer » Logged
Alba450
Supreme Member

When in doubt lock em' up!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2006, 09:28:33 PM »

no wait, tell me how to post video

ALBA450 - my buddys got a lightning, theyre badace. hes running 8psi but is thinking about tunning for a bigger pulley

Yea im running the same too....I've heard about bigger pulley's and not really sure how much HP gain i'll get from them?

Thanks to my Sponsors at.....

***OMF Performance***
***Liquid Performance***
***Fasst Flexx Handlebars***
***Laeger's Racing***
***AMSOIL Racing***
***VORTEX Racing***
***PowerMadd Handgaurds***

"Your mom? Yeah I know her. She took more shots in the mouth than Stallone in Rocky III"
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2006, 10:29:53 PM »

OHHHHHHHHH KKKKKK, you dont believe? I thought we were past this part but no. Dont try to educate me on diesels telling me I dont know anything because your all idiots if you dont think a stock truck can hit 37psi. Search some forums on www.dodgetruckworld.com in the diesel section and you will find people talking about the high boost levels. But that may be too hard to do so I will take pictures of my gauge. It might be hard to believe since you all drive the best engine ever, the 6.0  Thumbs Down

I got a 7.3 so take that.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
xr100racer

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2006, 11:12:10 PM »

I have a few friends with the 7.3, not impressed. Its a whole lot better than 6.0. Im sure yours is great but just one is completly stock and is always breaking down on him and he is a certified diesel mechanic. My other friend has a lot of money tied up in the motor and is running 17's. He works at a performance shop in stuart that works on diesels so neither are them are dumbys. But "my cousins sister ex-husband's diesel" storys dont really matter. Everyone has their own opinion. Ive never said my truck is better than any of yours, I dont care about all that and dont want to get into a big argument about who makes the best truck. Chillin - I think your truck looks nicer than mine. All I want to prove is that 40 pounds is possible.

Oh, and chillin - 40psi is not out of the stock turbo's effieciecy range.  Its at the limit though, 42 and up is said to be out of its range. Ive seen 24 valves run 44psi on stock turbo and head gasket.  And if your pushing 3psi over stock levels and still fueling how are you not making more power smokinshee? Not a whole lot but its more, getting a couple more pounds of boost out of your turbo is not where your gunna make all your power on a diesel though. Timing duration  fuel pressure etc
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2006, 06:06:51 AM »

17's with a mods done to a diesel, you buddy needs help.  I know I can lay down 17's in reverse.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2006, 06:27:34 AM »

http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26994

you might want to take a look at this.  this website has alot of diesel guru's, not diesel mechanics on it.  two things are pointed out.  24 psi is max boost on a 24 valve stock ride.  32 psi is max boost for an efficient turbo, so anything over that is out of it's range.  once you start boosting over 32 psi your not necessarily making more boost, but you are introducing more hot gas into the intake.  Increase the temperature of the air coming into the turbo and you will increase the boost pressure, not necessarily putting more air through the motor, just hotter air, hence NOT MAKING ANYMORE POWER.

I am no DODGE know it all, but I can find the information to back my accusations up.  We can do this all day if you want.  I will be a work, and have a desk job today.  You let me know.

CHILLIN - get r dun.  what did you do with those OLD chrome rims?

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2006, 09:51:32 AM »

DANG IT !!!!!!, I will stay out of this one ! Although I do own two 7.3 .

Chillin, The truck looks bad AZZ, theres NO DOUBT there, Sorry we missed you at the meeting !!!!!! Cry

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
xr100racer

« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2006, 12:12:07 PM »

I see you know how to read and write smokinshee. Your a real expert. I specifically said your not making a lot more power but it is more. If I put the truck on a dyno and run at 36 and then at 40, your telling me I wont make any more power at 40? 24/32 is max boost on an 06 cummins? Before I had the chip and I can still turn it off the truck will hit 36-37psi. Thats proof right there I dont need to read about it if it came from the factory like that. I will take a video today/tonight I have to work of the truck on stock mode and then with the chip turned up and you will see how "BS" it is that im not hitting 40lbs. Im not saying, "awsome 40lbs" because its a stock turbo and higher boost is going to be less efficient and all but its not to the point where im not making any more power.
xr100racer

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2006, 10:10:17 PM »

Well, as promised I got the videos and uploaded them on Youtube. Harder than I thought to focus the camera on the screen and drive. I run the Edge chip with Attitude monitor so it has all the gauges built in. I know the Boost gauge is completly accurate becuase I used to have a seperate gauge and the readings are the same. Dont ask about the "music" in the first video, friend was messing around. Just like I said - You will see the screen read 37 in the first run and 40 in the second. No BS here

Info on the truck: Automatic, 35" Tires

First Run - Stock mode, Dead stop, 4wd because of rain, You can see in the begining the screen reads "0 Stock" and the zero is displayed in the top right corner. This means the chip was put into stock mode.

Second Run - Level 5, 2wd, Still raining, aproximatly 50mph, layed into it in 3rd gear and tires broke loose at aprox 60mph so I let off immediatly because Ive never lost traction at that high of speed. If you turn the volume of you can hear the tires go SKKKHHHHH for a second right when the gauge reads 38.

My argument: You called BS when I said I could hit those numbers, Just wanted to prove I could. I KNOW 40lbs is not really efficient on stock turbo HOWEVER I am still making more power opposed to at 36 or so. May not be much but its more. Thats what it does with the chip.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 10:21:42 PM by xr100racer » Logged
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2006, 10:59:05 PM »

Go away

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
cutngrs
Supreme Member

PUT UP $$$ OR SHUT THE HELL UP

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2006, 11:25:12 PM »

all i got to say is i have an 03 6.0 ford   with no gages no egt  with just a few mods    ya right  just few my azz  and ill run any dodge on this site  better yet any diesel on this site    actions speck louder then words any day  btw truck looks cool like that chillin  gett it   cool     chillin      geett iitt ragggggs

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2006, 10:02:29 AM »

My Huffy will beat that thing.

Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com