Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What will this mean for us?  (Read 2515 times)
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: December 06, 2006, 04:51:26 PM »

Asphalt will rule in 2060, study says

We’ll always have the Panhandle. And Big Bend. And maybe a bit of Lake Okeechobee. But based on a 50-year look into Florida’s development future, not much else will remain pristine. Certainly not central Florida.

A study released Wednesday called “Florida 2060” says the Tampa Bay area will be part of the most urbanized section of Florida in a half century.

Take a map of the region, isolate wetlands and nature preserves and cram the rest with homes and businesses.

The study was commissioned by 1,000 Friends of Florida, a group devoted to preserving nature and fighting urban sprawl.

If the state doesn’t beef up growth management rules and lock up more land in conservation, the future should warm the hearts of the asphalt and shingle crowd. So says the study.

Another 7-million acres would be developed, leading to a doubling of the population from 18-million to 36-million.

That’s a lot less Mayberry and a lot more Manhattan.

Source: www.sptimes.com

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 07:12:01 PM »

I am hoping 1 day the tree huggers realize we are better messing up a 4ft wide trail that homes and roads and help us fight for riding land.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
foreman1

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 07:58:05 PM »

I'd hate to see the day when we are  completely urbanized.
No disrespect to folks who like in metropolitan cities like New York or Chicago , but i dont consider that livin.

What will this mean to us ?
Our quality of life and the America we all know will be a fading memory, thats what. Cry

NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 02:19:54 PM »

we could all move to alaska. i dont see complete urbanization there any time soon.
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 01:43:23 PM »

It means we better buy big backyards so we can ride in a circle!!
Bad ass bowtie

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 08:43:27 AM »

Yeah, if you can afford it, by all means buy up as much land as humanly posible! I have 5 acres near croom, and that is all I can afford so far. But I just hope they dont pave over croom to put up condos!
Loopy

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 10:10:50 AM »

Its a hard fight, but everytime you have an opportunity to voice your opinion about out-of-control development you need to speak up.

In Miami-Dade developers are fighting to move the UDB Line (Urban Developement Border) farther west.

Also, in Cutler Bay (Cutler Ridge) the residents are fighting to stop a developement of 700+ ZERO lot line homes on land that is part of the phase 1 everglades restoration plan.  How this can happen I don't know, but they know the right people, but the money in the right hands, whatever.  So unless people, the communities speak up, it goes through unnoticed until after the areas are re-zoned.

1FasterBlaster

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 07:12:48 PM »

I don't think it's a matter of who speaks up, it's a matter of whop has the most money.Officials don't care about riding area's cause they don't ride.All they want is development.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com