Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: mondex in palatka  (Read 12100 times)
kuma

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 05, 2006, 07:16:53 PM »

has anyone here ever been out there?Huh If  so what do you think about it.  If you don't know it's a place just south on hwy 19 about 6 miles south of walmart on right alot of muddddd ..
psd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 08:35:10 PM »

I know where it is, But I have never been riding out there. What do you know about the place? Last time I tried to go there it was Superbowl weekend, and the cops we're all up and down 19 keeping people from parking on the shoulder.Do a lot of people ride out there?

2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
2002 black Ford Excursion PSD
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 80
2011 Yamaha Raptor 125
kuma

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 08:05:24 AM »

all I know is that it is very muddy. You will not want to try and drive back in the woods unless you have a serious 4x4 truck. I was also told you can park out on the edge of woods just DO NOT DRIVE ANY TYPE OF OFFROAD VEHICLE OF ANY KIND ON ROADWAY YOU WILL RECIEVE A TICKET. A couple of guys I know or going out their this weekend with some mudd trucks. But cops do show up on 4 wheelers to keep people that get a little wild back in their drinking and sort. Just what all Ive been told never been out willing to give a try here soon...............
kuma

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 02:42:41 PM »

Man oh man what a killer place to ride well over300 acres to ride you got every type of  riding you would want just about. lots and lots of trails rode all day long and never hit same trail twice. several dried up lake beds to roost around in, if you want lots of mud , trails and just all out the best place I.ve ridden in in this state. And the best part of all it.s free free free and you can ride on the dirt roads out there if you like and nothing said. its off hwy 19 so as long as you don't get on the hwy the locals will not bother you. I talked to several people out there and they have been going for years. They have never had any problems. The local sheriff dept will come out everyonce in awhile. To just look around not to harass unless your up to no good. Game warden will also show their face ever once in awhile to look for people illegal hunting. But they don't bother with the normal out to have a good time bunch. killer place once again will definitely go back again and again.....................
VForce

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 05:09:46 PM »

Where is is at off of 19?
I ride at Rodman all the time and I have not heard of this place.

Thanks
kuma

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 08:32:38 PM »

go south on 19 past walmart in palatka. You will then go thru a redlight at the kangaroo gas  station . keep going thru the next caution light. you start around a curve  and on your right is a small bait and tackle store. go down about 2000 yards and you will see a dirt road off to your right  you can enter there. or to the next 2 entrances on your right. one looks as if its someones driveway but just pull in and park over out of the way. There will be other trucks around parked there. Once you go here you want ever go back to ONFA with all there legal bull ?@#...... Grin
kuma

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2006, 11:02:27 PM »

I guess no one on here goes out there . Was out there today lots of muddy trails and water. Nice day about 75 degrees I would say. If only the two hawkeyes I bought my sons would just run right. The carburation on these things or awful downright embarassing. I get to take them back to the dealer for the 4th time
Silverstar

Sportin' a Vinson!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 09:30:45 PM »

Hey KUMA: I live just south of Salt Springs on 19 and know right where the mondex are at and have been wanting to go some time. Maybe we could meet up sometime and go? I am on vacation for the majority of this month so pretty much anytime is fine. And I just got my 3k lb. winch for Christmas too so between the snorkel, 4x4, mudzillas and a winch i'd say i'm ready. I have friends that have been their in both trucks and 4wheelers and they said it was really cool. I've been to Holopaw and that was AWSOME!!!!! The only thing is though is my truck is 2wd so i'd have to park up front, probably at the first entrance from the south(the one that looks like someones driveway).

Vforce: It is about 10-15 miles(guesstimate) NORTH of the rodman dam entrance on Hwy 19.

04 Suzuki Vinson 500 manual tranny. 25" mudzillas, snorkeled. Still have my samurai for sale.
VForce

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 09:36:25 AM »

Is this place for utilities only because of the mud or are there places for sport quads to ride as well?

We rode a forty mile loop this past Tuesday on the brown, blue & yellow trails off of 316 and 97.

Silverstar

Sportin' a Vinson!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 12:36:36 PM »

As far as I know thier are places you can ride a sport quad, you just might get a little bit muddy though but you can go around most of the spots. Yeah we went out this saturday and rode a little bit of the yellow and the red trails and rode the whole blue trail. I really like the blue trail because of all the hardpacked clay parts in it, no freakin whoops.

Vforce: do you have an orange KFX700 like in your avatar? If so were you out this sat.? I saw a really sharp looking orange Vforce this sat. I was on a red vinson with zillas and a snorkel and i was riding with a silver bruteforce and a red KQ700 and thier son on a KFX50.

04 Suzuki Vinson 500 manual tranny. 25" mudzillas, snorkeled. Still have my samurai for sale.
VForce

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 02:33:47 PM »

My kfx700 looks just like the picture attached, but I have Orange HMF duals and flamed front shock covers.

We will try your spot next weekend.

Thanks for the info.
kuma

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 06:37:41 PM »

Mondex has riding for all types dried up lake beds with sand and  ones with mud their is one lake that is not dried up about 3 ft deep in some places. open trails for sports and tight muddy trails for utilites. went last weekend lots of water in the ideal places. You can ride day and night if you prefer but some people get kind of crazy out their starting around 500 pm so later.
Soc11Lee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 02:49:13 PM »

Been out there a few times and one thing I do recommend is a GPS its easy to get lost out there with all the cross roads etc...

psd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »

Guys,
 wasn't this place full of people last Super bowl  Sunday? If so, is it planned for this Superbowl Sunday as well? I drove by there last year,cars everywhere you could hardly park.

2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 80
2011 Yamaha Raptor 125
Silverstar

Sportin' a Vinson!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 02:09:18 PM »

yes it gets SUPER packed with drunk, crazy people on super bowl weekends. For and ATV'er it is very dangerous because their are HUGE mud trucks running around with drunk drivers. A truck on 44's vs. an atv is a VERY ugly thing.

I have found out though that the day or night to go riding on is saturdays. thier are alot less people (almost none) on saturdays than thier are on sundays. Sundays are pretty busy up there.

kuma

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 08:29:17 PM »

yeah pretty busy at times I seem to go early morinings less people and trucks. And leave when and around say 300 pm. BE careful and safe
psd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 10:23:54 PM »

Thanks for all the info guys!

2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 80
2011 Yamaha Raptor 125
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: