Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Legalization?  (Read 1961 times)
B.MURRAy

« on: December 05, 2006, 04:58:04 PM »

Anyone know what the process would be to have an area in Hernando County legalized to ride on?  For those of you in Hernando County, I am talking about Lake Theresa (it's the lake Delta Woods Park sits on).  It is dry right now and stays dry for the longest of times, and when it does refill it stays up for maybe 1-2 years tops then dries out for about 4-5.  I live directly on it and almost everyday I see ATV's and dirtbikes tearing it up out there.  This weekend I had invited a member from ATVFL (Hondabeefast) over to ride out there and his kids rode for maybe 30 minutes tops, then a neighbor complained and claimed they were so loud he could not hear his telephone ring.  Not True at all, I stayed with him at the truck while they rode and I forgot they were out there belive it or not.  If I didnt know they were out there I wouldnt of even known they were there.  The quads and bikes are not hurting anything, one of the best reasons to legalize it is weed control.  When the lake fills back up they always have a county airboat out spraying the weeds which doesnt even do anything.  Stop wasting our tax dollars on that stuff!  If you ride quads and bikes it will actually help keep the grass down and save $$ that we can use on more important things such as all the crappy roads they ignore.   Here are some images:

Mapquest Aerial Shot
The RedStar is close to where I live, I live closer to the island neear the RedStar.  Where the water is, it is currently dry.  The big woods part is where the main riding is and the line going straight through are powerlines.

Before #1
Shot when the lake was full

Before #2
Shot from the fence

Before #3
Shot from the fence

After #1--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shot when the lake was dry

After #2
Shot from the fence (it is more dry and full of brush now)
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 08:56:45 PM »

I would think that a petition from your neighbors would be a good place to start,,,,,good luck on that though  Roll Eyes

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 08:57:34 PM »

possibly the best way to start would be to find out who/what owns the land,,,,,someone or some entity does.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
B.MURRAy

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 09:08:05 PM »

possibly the best way to start would be to find out who/what owns the land,,,,,someone or some entity does.

Id@

A local church does, usually churches are nice.  The county was trying to buy that land from the church to build a school I heard but the church refused haha.  The petition thing WILL not work because its all grouchy old people.  I'm thinking going in front of the BCC?
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 09:54:33 PM »

I would very kindly ask the church first,,,,IF they say yes then ask if they can write up a letter for you to carry with you in case you ever get hassled by the police.

If the church is agreeable to people riding out there, maybe this could be a positive step and we as a group could do a cleanup ride, or something to the effect to show gratitude towards them for allowing riding there.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
B.MURRAy

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 10:01:04 PM »

I would very kindly ask the church first,,,,IF they say yes then ask if they can write up a letter for you to carry with you in case you ever get hassled by the police.

If the church is agreeable to people riding out there, maybe this could be a positive step and we as a group could do a cleanup ride, or something to the effect to show gratitude towards them for allowing riding there.

Id@

Well the church owns the woods which you can see in the mapquest pic so I could ask them, but I still want to be able to ride in the lake itself, there are a bunch of trails around it.  I think thats where the BCC comes in.  I dont think there needs to be a cleanup ride, trails are fine.
Shotgun
Supreme Member

2003 Yamaha Kodiak, 2004 Suzuki Eiger, 2007 Seadoo

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 12:22:21 AM »

Maybe off topic, but I am curious to why it would stay full for 2 years and the be dry for 4? Where is the water coming from and going to?
B.MURRAy

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 06:43:40 AM »

Maybe off topic, but I am curious to why it would stay full for 2 years and the be dry for 4? Where is the water coming from and going to?

It cannot hold the water because it is a man-made lake.  About 20 years ago when no people were living here and it was all woods a builder came in to develop it.  A that time it was a lake but only a small portion and they wanted to make it bigger so more houses could sit on it thus making more profits.  So they had them dredge it and make it bigger.  And the lake could not handle it so if it does not rain much it will go down at a rapid pace.  There are 2 springs that hold water in the lake that will never dry.  We guess they are springs because they stay at a certain level, have no weeds, and if you stand on the edge where it begins it drops down rapidly so I dont think it would be a sinkhole that formed way back.

The red circles are the springs

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com