Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ONF - North trail system. Totally awesome! THANK YOU !!  (Read 2218 times)
BradG47

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 04, 2006, 11:46:12 PM »

The North trail system with its 150+ miles of mapped trails is simply AWESOME.  I've have ridden in a lot of places in the nation and can say that I've had a great time at ONF riding the trails there.  It is really that good.

This marked trail system is the BEST thing that could happen to secure our long term use of the forest for ORV use.   Please DO NOT COMPLAIN about the trail system!  Make good suggestions that are realistic for the organization to implement but please do not don't complain to the forest service, we need to THANK them.

I talked to one of the ONFA volunteers this week that was there educating the riders about a specific trail that cuts across the Longleaf pine section of the forest asking all of us to PLEASE stay on the single 8' wide trail that goes through that section.   Interestingly the Longleaf pine is an endangered species of tree so the forest department is wanting to be careful about protecting that section.   We can ride through there only as long as we keep the trail limited to 8 feet.  PLEASE do this!

The trail system is really nicely done already and will continue to get even better as long as we do what we can to help protect our rights to enjoy this resource and what will go a long way is to HELP the forest service and the ONFA in any way possible.   The ONFA is working closely with the national forest service to improve and maintain the trails and we all should help out since they are doing this for us.     

I am sending my form to the ONFA tossing my entire family into the mix.  If the ONFA has a large roster of volunteers that are actively involved working in conjunction with the forest service that will send a strong message to the government that our need for places to ride are a worthwhile investment and they'll support our needs for generations to come.

Mulchman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 04:48:02 PM »

Where do you go to for the trail head? And does it connect to the dam that I hear about, the one we can ride at? Sorry, one more question. What is the name of the dam?

The good life is just an ATV ride away !!!
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 08:03:18 PM »

rodman dam  turn west at the southside of the barge canal on st rd 19

BradG47

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 10:02:26 PM »

We park at the West Delancy Campground.   It costs $6 per tow vehicle (truck, car, not ORV) and you can hit all the trails from there.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com