Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HardRock  (Read 15220 times)
factorybremer111

will you be remembered when your gone?

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 29, 2006, 12:27:07 PM »

Myself, Chris Williams, Rodney Gentry, and Jeremy Lawson among some other quad riders all went to Hard Rock. I was very impressed with the new track changes, it was considerably wider with less jumps that could kill you. Dont get me wrong there was still some jumps there that would put a cloud on your day if you messed up, like the water tower and a new 150 table top that was pretty sick to hit. I was there last year and I absolutly hated it hence why it took me a year to go back. How the track is now I would park my motorhome there for weeks straight and ride nothing but that track. So for those of you who have not been there yet and those who havn't been there since the change, you should check it out.
Exmx54
Supreme Member

MX rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 05:19:27 PM »

Sounds good, I rode it the first day they changed it, but did not like it, everything was uneven. Maybe a bunch of us should go out there the week after Bithlo.
53yfz450
Supreme Member

Following hurts more than Leading!!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 05:56:24 PM »

Sounds good, I rode it the first day they changed it, but did not like it, everything was uneven. Maybe a bunch of us should go out there the week after Bithlo.

i second that!!!! Cool can someone say group ride Grin

WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  http://HTTP://GANDGRACING.COM CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

http://myspace.com/jakegunn53

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.
yfz450runner

live to ride, skip work as much as possible

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 06:01:22 PM »

sounds like a plan. week after bithlo!!!!
Hondarider22

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 06:10:26 PM »

i might be heading up this saturday to check it out, im sure i will go after bithlo as well....i cant wait  Roll Eyes
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 06:19:42 PM »

were going to bartow for the next ftr race. it would be good if we could keep the group together for these races i think it would help our sport grow. and hit hardrock between races.and hit other tracks as a group. like waldo and bithlo who supported us the most.

53yfz450
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 06:29:56 PM »

Tony i do want to support the tracks but it gets boring going to the same tracks. plus i think if other tracks will see the turnout of quads it will help for next year.

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.
factorybremer111

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 08:42:04 PM »

The owner of Hard Rock is already working on tryin to get a Wpsa race for next year and a ssqra race for next year. So hopefuly that will work out good
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

The older I get..........

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 11:50:28 PM »

Count me in! Im ready to ride behind some fast guys. Time to step it up a notch!
 Grin

jt

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com
TBR

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 11:58:40 PM »

I have to say that I agree with Tony. We will be still going to the FTR races. I know alot of people don't care for the FTR for quads because of all the bikes. I would like to be able to go and check out Hardrock but it will have to be between these series races. IMO if FTR has races at some of the tracks that we want to host Quad Only next year, it is not good having no quads or only a few quads show up. I just think that is the way to gain some momentum and not have 10 at Hardrock, 8 at Bithlo and maybe 12 at Waldo and so on for a given day. Just my thought which is wrong alot I know.
53yfz450
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 08:33:46 AM »

I have to say that I agree with Tony. We will be still going to the FTR races. I know alot of people don't care for the FTR for quads because of all the bikes. I would like to be able to go and check out Hardrock but it will have to be between these series races. IMO if FTR has races at some of the tracks that we want to host Quad Only next year, it is not good having no quads or only a few quads show up. I just think that is the way to gain some momentum and not have 10 at Hardrock, 8 at Bithlo and maybe 12 at Waldo and so on for a given day. Just my thought which is wrong alot I know.

dale i would love to do the FTR but we would have to buy a new membership and all other race fees and we just cant afford it. we are saving up for the upcoming nationals.

quadsonly4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 10:14:30 AM »

Same here Jake.  I would have to buy three memberships, gate fees, race fees, food, gas, etc.  Thats another $1000 weekend.  All the while being pushed in the corner by all the bikes, getting last practice(unless it rains-1st then), being to told i have to replace my stock exhaust on my Cobra with a stock exhaust because its to loud Roll Eyes.  Then I would spend an hour trying to explain to the guy in the hat that my 7 and 11 year old don't have drivers licenses Huh  I wouldn't want to take any points away from the 5 quads that dont run our QuadsOnly series.  I am sorry, I just cant support a bike series anymore.  I will however support the tracks that support this sport.  We will be in GA for more MotoTST training Dec 13-Dec 18, but we will be at Hardrock on the next weekend.  See everyone at Lakeland (my least favorite track), but support the tracks and the series.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 10:30:19 AM by quadsonly4 » Logged
factorybremer111

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 10:29:00 AM »

I know it would be nice to keep the group together, but the fact is we get treated like garbage when we go to those FTRs. We have to go dry the muddy track in the morning so the bikes dont get dirty, we have two and three classes get combined when five 50s get there own class, and all this is ontop of the fact that we would have to rebuy all new memberships and what not. This quads series was made for the fact that we wouldnt have to go to dirtbike races. Im not going to go through all of that just to be thought of as not good enough to be compared to a dirtbike rider. So SSQRA is where me and my brothers will stay.
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 10:34:04 AM »

if we show up in big numbers we wont get pushed aside by the bikes. that is what we did for the quad scrambles now instead of harescrambles. no more waiting on bikes for our turn. ftr showed up at waldo to check out the turnout of quads and they would like to do the same thing for the quads. remember this is our state and the more we do here makes it look better for us all around. and jake we want to run the wpsa also but that is gonna cost thousands of dollars. why not try to draw some attention to us by large numbers of quads at the races and support the people that are trying to support your sport.

53yfz450
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 11:25:32 AM »

Tony, i am running the bigger events because you are able to be scene by major companies. If i stay and run local series it wont get me as far as nationals. trust me i will run the quad only no matter what. but there is no way we are going to run FTR i mean we are barely doing the QO.(due to money) plus why put the extra wear and tear on the bike at local races. We are trying to build my two bikes up so i will have 2 running bikes. if i keep doing races every saturday thats not going to happen considering i break something every weekend. If we had the money trust me im sure we would do other series in florida. but in order for me to do the bigger races nationaly we are going to have to save up. Im not trying to not support but we just dont have the money. I will be going to practice at the tracks like waldo and bithlo but i will not be joining another series in florida anytime soon.

trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2006, 07:37:10 PM »

Same here Jake.  I would have to buy three memberships, gate fees, race fees, food, gas, etc.  Thats another $1000 weekend.  All the while being pushed in the corner by all the bikes, getting last practice(unless it rains-1st then), being to told i have to replace my stock exhaust on my Cobra with a stock exhaust because its to loud Roll Eyes.  Then I would spend an hour trying to explain to the guy in the hat that my 7 and 11 year old don't have drivers licenses Huh  I wouldn't want to take any points away from the 5 quads that dont run our QuadsOnly series.  I am sorry, I just cant support a bike series anymore.  I will however support the tracks that support this sport.  We will be in GA for more MotoTST training Dec 13-Dec 18, but we will be at Hardrock on the next weekend.  See everyone at Lakeland (my least favorite track), but support the tracks and the series.
Time for a hybrid. lol Wink

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
TBR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2006, 11:55:04 PM »

Like so many small groups, which quads are a small group, it will either take sticking together or becoming a lot larger number such as bikes to ever have any clout.
I understand everyone's reasons for not sticking together. The money excuse is always one of the biggest. Of course several had comments when some said they didn't want to spend the money for the Quad Only series.
IMO if everyone just ran the Nationals and left any of the local series to support theirselves however they could then we run the risk of not having any local series that quads can run in. Let's face it the local series is where everyone gets started racing. No one starts at the National level. Will the loss of these local series hurt Matt, Chris, Jake, Neal, Lyndon, Jessy or some of the others planning to run Nationals?? Absolutely not. Will it hurt my grandson or all the younger kids trying to get started in racing?? I think it will.
It is still my opinion that it either will take large numbers, which will take several years to acheive that, or somehow finding a way to band together not only for the ones racing now but also the young racers of the future.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 12:01:08 AM by TBR » Logged
DCR_Marcus14

Braaaaahhp!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2006, 03:41:06 PM »

Giovanni went up to hardrock today, im planning to spend a weekend there soon when ssqsa ends; ill let you know when im going matt or tell me when your gonna head there next and I can meet you guys.

Thanks to my sponsors:
Dana Creech Racing, Blingstar Industries, Monster Energy Drinks, ASV inventions, Utopia Optics, Alloy MX, Gaerne Boot Co., DP Brakes, Powermadd, Maxima, Atlantic Cycle Service
blindkaeta
Supreme Member

Hey guys watch this........... ouch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2006, 12:11:58 AM »

T2 and myself went today and I have to say the track is much more rideable.

I agree with everyone on the point of riding with a big group, but FTR doesn't care for quads.   
Hondarider22

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2006, 05:15:08 PM »

i have exams monday, tuesday and wednesday the week after so i cant go  Angry
53yfz450
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2006, 05:19:39 PM »

so do i but that isnt stopping me!!!! plus i need to ride. what will riding have to do with your exams.lol

Mrs.Nightbreed
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2006, 07:18:11 PM »

We will be there  Smiley
Exmx54
Supreme Member

MX rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2006, 08:11:06 PM »

I won't be there this coming weekend, but will be there for a few days after christmas
Hondarider22

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2006, 10:56:33 PM »

so do i but that isnt stopping me!!!! plus i need to ride. what will riding have to do with your exams.lol

you know my parents....i guess im suppose to study on sunday  Undecided
#26YFZ
Supreme Member

Get up, there's no excuses...

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2006, 11:32:00 PM »

I'm debating whether to go or not....  I still don't have my bike so I wouldn't be riding but i'd like to test out the camera on the track.  I've been back and forth from Gainesville a lot lately and Ocala is about 75% of the way there so it depends if I feel like being stuck in a car for over an hour  Huh
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com