Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocala national forest district manager  (Read 12142 times)
lswjth2
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 22, 2006, 08:05:02 AM »

Folks,The Ocala National forest District manager is John Richard(rick)lint. I do not this person, but here's a link to an organiazation he belongs. This is just FYi.........

http://www.wildlife.org/certification/index.cfm?tname=memberdetails&getid=3257
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 08:25:10 AM »

I don't know if this post is for the purpose of smearing Rick,  but his joe as the head ranger is to do exactly what that certification says he is good at.  I am glad that he is so well certified.  But you must remember one thing.  We now have a head ranger who believes there is a place for OHV in the forest.  He is 100% behind the development of the approximately 240 miles of trails we will have.

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 04:02:51 PM »

Teddy, in no way is it meant to smear rick. I think it's important for people to find out who the people in charge are and what they believe in.Case in point, Governor Bush appopinted Dr. Reed Noss to the ARC commitee(Aqusition resource council). This commitee is the one that makes recommendations for recreation on State lands. Do a google search for this person. He's the founder of the wildlands project. This appointee is another nail in the coffin for us.Sorry if it came out the wrong way....Rick
lisa

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 07:49:54 PM »

Grizz, if you think Rick is behind you on the trail system, you better be prepared for a shock; cause that is what you are going to get. I am blunt. I don't make things sound nice, so if that is smearing, so be it.

You know how long I have been fighting for ya'll and public access in general.

I can tell you more about Mr. Lint, none of it fits with the image you are trying to portray. The seminar/talk he gave at UofF was called "Unmanaged Public Use". Take a guess as to what kind of management he is referring too.

I have a phone number of two men who would love to tell you how Mr. Lint supported the trails in the Kisatchie National Forest. I already told you he closed down the trails to even hunters out there. That doesn't sound like he really supports any kind of OHV trails let alone 240 miles.

In case I forgot to mention it, he was never a real ranger. He is a certified biologist, certified through the Wildlife Society.

Now, I have given you a lot of information here. If you want to continue to support him, check out the sources I  given you, email me for the phone numbers (or just get Mr. Maddox's phone number from the article I think I posted up, if I didn't post the article, I will) check out the Wildlife Society to see how they support OHVs. Then show me, through documentation from his past, how Mr. Lint will support those 240 miles of trails. Or, better yet, get him to sign a document saying he is going to keep Big Scrub open (since Big Scrub closing is on Mr. Lint's agenda) and post the documents here!

Here is one of their headlines, (this headline is for those who already know the UN is wanting to work with Environmental Groups to impose their laws and regulations on the US. They are accomplishing this through those groups because folks are burrying their head in the sand and ignoring the UN connection with Environmental Groups here in the US)
 "TWS Joins 375 Groups Urging Congress to Fund Wildlife Conservation in Global Warming Legislation"

Now, I am trying to cook supper and don't have the time to put into looking at every Wildlife Society pamphlet and bulletin, newsletter, etc. to find exactly how they stand on OHVs, but here is a paragraph from the Montana Chapter Newsletter:

"BLM National Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) Strategy
The Executive Board submitted comments to the BLM concerning its proposal to develop a national
strategy to deal with effects of OHV’s on wildlife and other natural resources. Our comments
supported the adoption of a national strategy that gives direction to manage OHV’s in a manner to
protect or restore wildlife values. We noted the fact that BLM lands in Montana have high wildlife
values and many have no current restrictions on OHV use. We also noted that our Chapter recently
produced a reference document directly applicable to the development of guidance for OHV use on
BLM lands."

This should be clear to those who are fighting to keep trails open that the Wildlife Society does not support OHVs. This is the group, to refresh your memory, that Mr. Lint got his certification from. Obviously they like his ideas and management style.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 07:54:31 PM by lisa » Logged

In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1904
lisa

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 11:59:22 PM »

Hey Grizz, guys, I got mixed up with the threads. I have been so busy looking into the Scenic By-way and tracking down Mr. Lint's background that I got lost in the different threads.

I posted this link in a different thread:http://www.thetowntalk.com/html/068AE744-B9F5-4988-915D-7F09126BF1AE.shtml

At the bottom is Mr. Maddox's phone number. If you are so sure Mr. Lint is going to back OHV trails, give Mr. Maddox a call and ask him about what Mr. Lint did in La.

Ya'll deserve to know exactly whom you are dealing with. A biologist is not going to have motorized access users in mind when they decide how public lands are managed. They went to school because they love the study of life, not to learn to manage public lands for the public.

Their professors are not teaching them that we, the public, have rights to the lands we pay for. Dr. Reed Noss, whom lsw mentioned, detests, not downright hates the public being in the woods. He has worked his whole life to promote the Wildlands Project. Do your own history on it if you don't believe me.

Linda Duever is working  hard with the Save Our Big Scrub. She and the president filed a grant application for grant monies from the T. Mark Shmidt Act to aquire $25,000.00 to do a study on OHV trails. They tried to link the study with the volunteer rangers, saying that the volunteers would willingly help replant/reseed damaged trails, so this would be a good PR project.

Of course, all of us know that once a trail has been replanted/reseeded, there is no riding in that area. The whole area is shut down to any kind of public recreation; hiking, biking, bird watching, etc. They don't want their little projects ruined by us folks. They don't want us out there. It is just that plain and simple.

In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
bad2thebone

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 07:19:31 AM »

We all have the right to our opinions, we all have a right to make a living even Mr. Lint, yes the public does have a right to know who works for them. Last time I looked at our Constitutional rights we have the right of freedom of the press, at least last time I looked.

If you do some reading on the Black Bear corridor project, that my friends is in you backyard, that is a wildlaw project, the people of the play consist of ONFA, the USFS among several others. I believe there was a link bak a while, regarding something about wildlaw and the ONFA, its head gets reared again.

And just to think I thought they were on our side, Randy Harris was.. By he way someone must have a bad consciencous because no one said anything about smearing anyone name.
lisa

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 03:56:16 PM »

Oh don't get me started on the Black Bear Scenic By-way! They are frothing at the mouth to get this passed! It will be the tool they use to get the trails closed down.

Linda Duever is one of only two people who push the Wildlands Project here in the South. She is on the committee to manage the corridor. The Nature Conservancy has someone on there too. The other folks on there were talking about how to limit motor boats, using the corridor and intrinsic resources on the St. John's River! Now, if they want to do that, what do you think they are going to do on land?

The Scenic By-way talks about pedestrians and bycicle traffic, but doesn't mention OHV/ORV at all.There is a section for recreation, but again, the only mention that can be used for us is one word, driving.

They will tell you it is a not regulatory designation, that, however, is a misdirection. If ya'll want me to start another thread on the Scenic By-way, I would be happy to educate you. There are two public meetings in January. The times and dates are set, but not the places yet. The times will be from 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm. I would like to take some thread discussions, phone numbers, etc. to the Dec. 7 meeting and make them change the times to later so ya'll can make it. The dates are Jan. 18 & 25.

Thank you lswjth2 for starting this thread. I didn't mean to hijack it.

In His Hands,
Lisa
stacktester
Supreme Member

Proud of our servicemen and women

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 04:00:50 PM »

This looks like one of those threads that just cannot die.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
lisa

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 06:47:41 PM »

Well stacker, if you don't mind losing trails and never knowing what is going on, I suppose you would feel that way.

It is only 9 posts now, that doesn't seem like a lot to me; however, if you are not interested in the politics or who is working against you to close areas down, or make it near impossible for families to enjoy OHVs on the public lands they pay for, don't read threads like this.  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

In His Hands,
Lisa
KB

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 07:21:53 PM »

Well stacker, if you don't mind losing trails and never knowing what is going on, I suppose you would feel that way.

It is only 9 posts now, that doesn't seem like a lot to me; however, if you are not interested in the politics or who is working against you to close areas down, or make it near impossible for families to enjoy OHVs on the public lands they pay for, don't read threads like this.  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

You couldn't have said it better.
bad2thebone

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 07:54:16 PM »

Is it a coincindence but I believe the OHV advisory committee meeting is on the 18th. Can anyone attend the Decmeber 7 meeting. It will be interesting to see who that players are..

This is important and it will effect the ONF. The last minutes I read two USFS forest personal were there and one was leader, along with ONFA. I thought the ONFA is suppose to fight to keep our trails in the ONF.

Maybe we should get Randy Harris back, at least he was on our side..Huh
lisa

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 10:23:47 PM »

Bad, I don't just talk the talk, I walk the walk. I will be at the Dec. 7th meeting. Have been at every meeting since Sept. That is why I know so much about the players.

Rick Lint is chair of the Corridor Advocacy Group. They tried to kick me off of being an official member, but Munso (representing the Pioneer Settlement) supported my staying on the group because I show up and attend the meetings. Thank you Munso.

BTW, FDOT hates my guts right now. I am very proud of that fact. Soon they will all hate me. They have been working on the Scenic By-way for two-years now. As was pointed out at the last meeting, this is the best kept secret in the state of Florida.

I have a lot of work to do on this. Right now, I am working all alone. I am putting my time and money (neither of which I have a lot of) I would like to remind the newbies that I don't have an ATV, never even rode on one. I am doing this because we all have rights and I am tired of seeing the folks that pay for things get the shaft. We all need to stand for public access!

Happy Thanksgiving all! Tongue

In His Hands,
Lisa
KB

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 11:03:54 PM »

Man, I had no idea about this Mr. D1ck Lint. As time goes by the more I think about just not even going to O.N.F. any more. Maybe find another place a little farther north. Let the Rainbow people and the meth labs have at it, I don't know. Just sucks I payed for O.N.F.A. membership though.

Oh well.

Thanks Lisa & lswjth2 for all your doing.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 11:28:13 PM by KB » Logged
bad2thebone

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 06:28:17 AM »

KB -- Without Lisa there won't be any trails in the ONF. They would have closed it down by now. I did some reading on this, when the players become Rick Lint  who is chair of the Black Bear Corridor, and is all the Black Bear Corridor wants to do is close the forest down, what does that tell you. The other players happen to be the ONFA and the USFS.

Its not about giving up and finding another place to ride futher North, it is about giving a little to the cause, and giving to the right cause, knowing who the players are. It is about standing together to make this happen, it has to be everyone. If you give an hour of your time to Lisa, that is a help, if everyone gives $10.00 that is a help.

The USFS main objective is to close the forest. Always remember United we Stand Divided we fall.. If we don't stand together we will lose.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 06:34:00 AM by bad2thebone » Logged
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2006, 07:49:05 AM »

Bad2thebone,

I do not see how you can speak of the Black Bear Corridor and say that ONFA is part of it.  I went to one meeting, and rapidly decided I wanted nothing to do with it,  I have not been back, and have no itention of backing their project.

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
bad2thebone

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2006, 08:06:03 AM »

I thought the ONFA was to keep our trail open in the ONF. If that is the case, opting out of the meetings and letting them do what they want, is not keeping our trails open. If the black bear corridor is going to shut down the trails, shouldn't you be there to keep our trails open, to speak on part of the riders for the ONF. I'm I correct in asuming that is part of the membership fee, $25.00. I did not state that you backed them, I simply stated you part of the meetings. How you take that is up to you.

Now, arguing about this, is not my game, what my game is, is to let people know who the players are.
KB

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2006, 05:26:15 PM »

Does Lisa have a p.o. box or how can I donate some gas money to her, I'm thinking about going to the meetings. Where they at ? To be honest , right now I feel like slappin somebody, maybe I shouldn't go.
4fittyr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2006, 06:11:42 PM »

new govonor takes office 1 2 07 and says he's wanting to help people  i seriously doubt it. you can go to every meeting meet the player and disagree with them , but imo were fighting a losing battle. their gonna do what they want no matter what anyone thinks

if u can't be good be good at it
450rcrazy

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2006, 06:36:45 PM »

Gays,conservationist,tree huggers,and some minority groups also the groups such as the southern baptist's and the catholic church get what they want by using the media,and they always band together and show up in protest at all known meetings.The problem is with our sport most of us are of the working class and cannot afford to miss work to attend these meetings.If we had some retired people to represent us or even legal council (expensive) we would at least have a shot at swaying some desicions.I think we need to form a group like the NRA were atv enthusiasts join for x-amout of dollars per year .This group would hire reps to go to these meetings to represent what is best for the orv community,and so people feel as though they are getting their money's worth send out monthly fliers telling about past meetings , future meetings that people may want to attend also publish what candidates coming up for elections are pro orv and who is not.
raptor

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2006, 07:01:16 PM »

new govonor takes office 1 2 07 and says he's wanting to help people  i seriously doubt it. you can go to every meeting meet the player and disagree with them , but imo were fighting a losing battle. their gonna do what they want no matter what anyone thinks

Stewards of the Land is going to put their 2 cents in, I think. First of all, no matter who it is or what it is everyone has a right their own opinion. Let forget about the name calling and what some people think is name smearing. Lets put the facts together according the world of garb (this thread).

We know Rick Lint has a biology degree and supposefully not a real ranger, but yet in the eyes of who matters he is a ranger.

We know a little kept secret about the Black Bear Corridoor or scenic by way. We know that it will encompass all of the ONF. We know Wildlaw is involved. We know Rick Lint is chairing this, and we know his biology whatever is from Wildlaw. Does that make him part of Wildlaw?? Does that make him a Wildlaw follower?? Does that make him a bad person??? We also know that if this happens the ONF will no longer be open for trail business.

As far as government goes, I can't believe a word they say.. I think we just proved that.

But what I have to disagree with is that one person isn't going to change the world, but a voice of a thousand or more will, people will take notice. If you don't venture out and try to turn that rock over, then you will never know what the outcome would have been if you tried to turn that rock over. Would I have won or lost, you will never know. You know one thing for sure if you don't try, you have lost the battle before it even began, and don't you think that is what they want. Think about that for a while.

450crazy - You are right, I give you the credit for trying, but you have to remember this keeps coming up on this thread time and time again, and you get a handful of people willing to do all the work for everyone else.

There is an old saying United we Stand, divide we fall. Stewards won't lose you will, all of you, if this corridoor goes through.

Now raptor has put his two cents in, if I have offended anyone in this thread, my sincere appolgy ( I wish I could spell).

Stewards of the Land
lisa

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2006, 07:13:57 PM »

Thanks bad2thebone....4fittyr, that is what "they" want you to think, say and do. Exactly that, nothing because no matter what you do, it won't matter. I fight the way the enviros fight, using the media, meetings, my "squeaky wheel". There would be no OHV trails acknowledged in the Corridor Managment Plan if I didn't fight and push the meeting so far behind because I would accept nothing less.....I don't think that it matters that oHV trails are in the Corridor Management Plan, however. They either know a way around that, or think they will find one, that is why the mention of trails is in the Corridor Management Plan, and why they gave in to me so easily.

I am hoping that a group will be put together in this state that will have enough money in it to pay either one, or several, representatives and that I can be counted as one and be on the payroll. The old saying; "find something you like to do and figure out a way to make money at it..." Attending meetings, standing for you guys is what I like to do...maybe one day I can be paid to do it!  Tongue

I talk to and network with folks who have fought against the enemy in our region and across the nation. I apply what they tell me to our laws and regulations in this state and try to figure out what the enemy is doing, how they are twisting the rules and regs, and figure out how to use the laws and regs (and their own words and agendas) to stop them.

The next meeting of the Scenic By-way is Dec. 7th at the Ocala Library. You can find directions here: Scenic By-way

My husband found signature for me to use that says it all. (I want to take the time to thank him now. Finding this signature for me reminds me he supports the time away from my family and my work that I should be doing for the family and the money that I spend on all this...)

"First they came for the Communists, but I was not a Communist so I did not speak out.
Then they came for the Socialists and the Trade Unionists, but I was neither, so I did not speak out. Then they came for the Jews, but I was not a Jew so I did not speak out. And when they came for me, there was no one left to speak out for me."
Martin Niemoeller

Lisa Pardus
  P.O. Box 938
  Altoona, Fl. 32702

I have so much to put together, print out, etc. before the Jan. meetings. I appreciate any and all the help ya'll can give me.

I have a petition that folks can sign that I can take to the government officials to stop the by-way. Can I post that on this forum? If not, I have a web site I can post on.

In His Hands,
Lisa
logger

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2006, 07:29:31 PM »

Lisa:

I think they should be posted in both places. I'll talk to bones about it, do you have one done??
450rcrazy

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2006, 07:39:04 PM »

not to go off topic but in all the riding I do and camping I have noticed a few things.1st it seems to me that ONF is being dammaged more by the logging industry I have seen vast amounts of land cleared of trees for what reason and who is getting the money?2nd when camping at many state parks I have seen where they do controlled burns to kill small underbrush that promote fires.these controlled burn areas look simular to the trail ridden areas of croom where the vehicles remove the small underbrush,But yet the trees are still plentiful and healthy,and wild life still seems to flurish there.To me most dammage of the forest is caused by the forestry department itself by allowing tree farming.The areas of ONF that are hurt are those were all trees have been mowed over for private industry.I do not understand why the ORV's are being blamed.
bad2thebone

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 06:45:17 AM »

not to go off topic but in all the riding I do and camping I have noticed a few things.1st it seems to me that ONF is being dammaged more by the logging industry I have seen vast amounts of land cleared of trees for what reason and who is getting the money?2nd when camping at many state parks I have seen where they do controlled burns to kill small underbrush that promote fires.these controlled burn areas look simular to the trail ridden areas of croom where the vehicles remove the small underbrush,But yet the trees are still plentiful and healthy,and wild life still seems to flurish there.To me most dammage of the forest is caused by the forestry department itself by allowing tree farming.The areas of ONF that are hurt are those were all trees have been mowed over for private industry.I do not understand why the ORV's are being blamed.

Your right - who gets most of the money - Washington very little of that comes back to the ONF. The logging companies are making a big profit out of this also. There is documentation I found about two months ago regarding this. But on the other hand, wouldn't it be nice to put some trails where the logging has taken place??

The blame is going to the little guy, your not organized, and you have no money, it is simple.
lisa

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 01:27:25 PM »

2nd when camping at many state parks I have seen where they do controlled burns to kill small underbrush that promote fires.these controlled burn areas look simular to the trail ridden areas of croom where the vehicles remove the small underbrush,But yet the trees are still plentiful and healthy,and wild life still seems to flurish there.

Thanks 450rcrazy, I didn't think of this arguement; something to think about and bring up. Controlled burns can get out-of-control, if we can keep to the trails, ya'll can be a more effective brush control. Also, by varying the trails around, it keeps them challenging and offers more of the forest to us! What a great idea!

In His Hands,
Lisa
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com