Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: for dodge haters  (Read 15188 times)
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: November 21, 2006, 02:36:08 PM »

Did you know 98% of Dodges are still on the road?

Yep, only 2% made it home.  Laugh
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 02:44:06 PM by Fox17 » Logged
backinsaddle

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 03:49:36 PM »

must be too busy towing those toyotas home :-)
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 10:45:46 PM »

i think it is the other way around.
qt314nfla

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 10:57:44 PM »

let me know when daddy buys you a REAL truck. Rolling on the Floor Laughing
backinsaddle

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 10:36:24 AM »

how about a little competition.  maybe a bumper to bumper pull, my dodge, your toyota.  i'll leave it in 2 wheel drive just above idle.  when i rip your toyota in half, we can load the parts of that toy in the back of mine and haul it home...   Grin

nice truck xr100, looks like mine, except mines an '04.  25,000 and my warranty expires, then the mods begin...looking to push 600hp and 1200 lbft.  i can probably do it with injectors, a turbo/exhaust, and a chip...you could do that with a toyota if you put 2 motors in the engine compartment ha ha.  the difference is, i'll get that kinda horespower, get 20mpg, and still get 500,000 miles out of the motor.  try that with your toyoda
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 10:40:30 AM by backinsaddle » Logged
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 10:40:18 AM »

if we met halfway you wouldnt make it. i would have to drive farther and pull you to a mechanic.
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 10:41:22 AM »

let me know when daddy buys you a REAL truck. Rolling on the Floor Laughing

it was my truck that i wanted. i couldda had a ford or a dodge but i wanted a Toyota. he wants a f250 (i dont know y he wants a piece of crap but...) i wouldnt choose any truck over mine except the Fabtech Tundra or maybe a No Fear Titan. i dont want that american crap.

wanna race? so big and heavy....slow

sure.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 10:48:03 AM by Fox17 » Logged
xr100racer

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 12:48:25 PM »

go move to japan fox Laugh

back in saddle - 1200ft lbs.........new tranny better be on your mod list. ive never dynoed mine but i think probably like 850ft lbs at the wheels. got to keep it in 4wd to keep the tires from smoking off the line...thats what kills your tranny....4wd launches at like 20psi.
backinsaddle

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 12:58:38 PM »

racer, agreed, tranny needs upgrade, fuel lift pump, may pull the head, machine off the intake and put on better flowing intake.  the beauty of the cummins is you don't really have to touch anything in the block or heads to get crazy horsepower and still have reliability.  I may have to even throw in a 200hp shot of nitrous just in case.  also looking at suspension upgrades-Kore, Carli, Lorenz, Thuren, one of those.  you're pushing a bunch of torque, what are you running in yours now?

fox, i was wrong, you can't get that kinda torque with 2 motors, more like 4
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 01:23:47 PM »

that 500,000 miles is crap. from experience, a dodge wont get 100,000 out of a engine. we have had a couple. well yours is a cummins i guess. it is good. i like them. i wish ford would get cummins and allison trannys. powerstrokes just suck. im thinkin a dodge pushin 600hp and 1200fpt is gonna beat my truck. i didnt buy it to race. i cant drive over 75 to 80 without gettin a ticket. so it only needs to go 80. if i was gonna race i would buy a CBR1000RR. i just like the reliability of jap cars. i cant tell you how many fords we have had that sucked. we have only owned one dodge cause it sucked so bad. never had a chevy. mostly nissans and toyotas.  Wink the 07 tundra is gonna be sweet. it looks like crap but....... i will be the first to tell you the tundra is not the fastest most powerful truck.
Hondabeefast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 01:24:37 PM »

once you dodge/toyota people do ur thing,u are gonna need a real mans truck (CHEVY) to pull u both home.LOL

cummins are pretty sweet motors though

02' Honda CR125
05' Honda 450R
backinsaddle

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 01:30:44 PM »

I'm just busting chops.  they all make great trucks these days, even the chevy's 

by the way, the cummins was never made to be put in a truck, it was originally designed for industrial/commercial use.  it's built for 1,000,000 mile rebuilds, up to 5 times (that's 5 million miles)

a perfect truck would be the cummins motor and allison transmission, at least to me.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 01:34:25 PM by backinsaddle » Logged
xr100racer

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 02:07:17 PM »

backinsaddle - agreed on those mods, also might want some 12mm head studs with 600hp worth of boost. right now im running the Edge chip w/attitude monitor, aero turbine 4" exhuast, and S&B CAI. not positive on any numbers but thats what i figure. it makes 610ft lbs stock and the edge is advertised +250ft lbs, and ive seen dynos on chipped cummins making 40+ extra ft. lbs with intake/exhaust. that would leave me at like 900ft lbs. but power is lost through the drivtrain and cant be positive on everything so im gunna say low 800's to be safe. but i wont know for sure till i get it dynoed. i can unlock level 6 on the edge chip which is like +350ft lbs but im scared. also will have to upgrade lift pump with level 6. im probably gunna stick with my current set up for now untill i can afford a built tranny
backinsaddle

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 02:21:46 PM »

Yep, edge makes a nice chip, i'm considering the juice with attitude, but leaning more towards tst or smarty.  i'd like to get the equivalant of EFI live the dmax guys use, i think a few vendors have them in the works, but not yet out, may just wait till then.  using a bullydog now that gives me around 85hp, 170lbft.  i'll eventually swap out.  i may wait on head studs till something comes apart, unless i pull the heads to do intake work, if I do that, i'll have the head ringed as well...we'll see, i still have a year+ on my warranty, so just in the planning stages.  a couple nice site to check out:

www.turbodieselregister.com
www.dieseltruckresource.com

there's a bunch more, these two I'm on the most, these are dedicated to the dodge/cummins.  can't wait till i can smoke all 4 tires off the line

you know anyone in florida that is big on modding the cummins?  I know there's a couple well known shops in Georgia that do national level work, but I'd rather find someone close that I can bounce ideas off of and that can do the work
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 02:24:40 PM by backinsaddle » Logged
xr100racer

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 09:43:16 PM »

i went with edge for the safety features and the ease of the on the fly adjustments. and the built in digital gauges. id wait untill they get all the bugs worked out of the smarty. im on www.dodgetruckworld.com and ive been reading about the smarty alot. it probably makes the most power but ive herd things like and it throwing codes and you cant maintain a constant speed on the upper levels. id wait on that. tst or the ez would be a nice stack with the edge hot unlock.

i probably wont ever spin all 4's with my mods becuase im running 35" tires. ive seen plenty of videos of highly modified CTDs spin all 4's on stock size tires and some on big mud tires. 1200ft lbs should do the trick. i "know of" a couple diesel shops in florida but dont know about how good there work is or any one thats had work done there. ill look around though, i know ive seen people talk about reputable places in florida on dodgetruckworld. i want to join tdr but you have to sign up and pay money and stuff but i hear its worth it.
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2006, 10:24:05 PM »

I'm just busting chops.  they all make great trucks these days, even the chevy's 

by the way, the cummins was never made to be put in a truck, it was originally designed for industrial/commercial use.  it's built for 1,000,000 mile rebuilds, up to 5 times (that's 5 million miles)

a perfect truck would be the cummins motor and allison transmission, at least to me.

that would be good. with a F350 chassis. toyota or nissan everything else (body, electrical, all the gismos and stuff). fords electrical just sucks. i dont even want to get started on chevy.
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

I found out who my friends are

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2007, 04:05:28 PM »

To me the Ideal truck would be an F-350 4X4 with a Cummins (6.8ltr inline 6???) with a ZF6 tranny with tranny splitter, manual xfer case and manual hubs, big injectors, HUGE turbo.  Pull like a freight train and still get 22mpg.

Sorry for bringing up an old post, just saw it

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 04:12:28 PM »

the ONLY good thing the SuperDutys (F-250+) got going for them right now is the King Ranch interior. its sweet. but thats it........seriously

Are you on crack? haha I think so.  Fords are the best trucks out, theyve done comparisons in plenty of magazines and Ford comes out as the top dog.  My dads old work truck was a 92 Ford F150 XLT.  It had a bunch of crap in the back that weighed in to be atleast 400lbs and he carried it everyday.  He beat the crap out of it and it never had any problems.  The speedometer rolled twice and it has atleast 500k+ miles on it today.  We still see it driving around.  Now thats a truck for ya.

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007, 10:34:30 PM »

the ONLY good thing the SuperDutys (F-250+) got going for them right now is the King Ranch interior. its sweet. but thats it........seriously

Are you on crack? haha I think so.  Fords are the best trucks out, theyve done comparisons in plenty of magazines and Ford comes out as the top dog.  My dads old work truck was a 92 Ford F150 XLT.  It had a bunch of crap in the back that weighed in to be atleast 400lbs and he carried it everyday.  He beat the crap out of it and it never had any problems.  The speedometer rolled twice and it has atleast 500k+ miles on it today.  We still see it driving around.  Now thats a truck for ya.

no, you my friend is the one on crack. fords suck. the absolute worst there is. we have yet to own a ford that didnt have a problem. and we have had at least 20. mostly mustangs but a few trucks, suvs, and vans. they suck.
xr100racer

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 10:51:19 PM »

please refrain from speaking anymore

at least untill youve owned a few trucks, "I read in a magazine that ford is the best and cummins is the worst motor ever and my dad had a truck back in college that he put alot of weight in and it still worked" --- shut up
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2007, 12:40:09 AM »

Who wants to race?

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2007, 01:01:34 AM »

ill race if i can drive your truck. those have 380 hp right? i read thet in motor trend. cause the cobra mustang had 390 and they said it was 10 more than the truck. is that auto or a manual?
xr100racer

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2007, 02:05:31 PM »

My buddy has that same color on his lightning, He's got 22's on it but not the  Afro  kind and some performance stuff. And I think they only come with auto trannys
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2007, 05:49:34 PM »

no, you my friend is the one on crack. fords suck. the absolute worst there is. we have yet to own a ford that didnt have a problem. and we have had at least 20. mostly mustangs but a few trucks, suvs, and vans. they suck.

If they sucked why would you keep going back to them? Grin

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2007, 05:57:24 PM »

please refrain from speaking anymore

at least untill youve owned a few trucks, "I read in a magazine that ford is the best and cummins is the worst motor ever and my dad had a truck back in college that he put alot of weight in and it still worked" --- shut up

When did I say anything about comparing motors?  When did I mention my dad having a truck in college, then again when did I even mention college?  I compared trucks not just the motors.  Read a magazine like Car and Driver, if they ever compare a Ford with Dodge or Chevy they always say they would prefer the Ford.  Go ahead and say thats BS but the funny thing is Car and Driver is one of the best magazines for comparisons and shootouts.  Im not saying Chevy or Dodge are crappy trucks, they are right with Ford for quality.  Im just saying that if they went up mono-e-mono the Ford would win because of the many shootouts it has already won vs. Chevy and Dodge. 

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com