Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Are you for it?  (Voting closed: December 20, 2006, 10:57:50 AM)
Yes - 24 (88.9%)
No - 3 (11.1%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FairTax  (Read 8208 times)
gatorjohn

« on: November 20, 2006, 10:57:50 AM »

Let's hear your opinion about the FairTax!
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 11:06:40 AM »

what is it?
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 12:42:31 PM »

love it,,,,,,dunno if the masses would understand all of it though.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 12:55:12 PM »

im for it..... http://fairtax.org/

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
gatorjohn

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 01:04:58 PM »

Fox17, it would abolish the IRS, you would no longer have to file a return by April 15 (it would just be another nice day). Do you know how much you paid in taxes last year??? We (EVERYONE--- from Bill Gates to illegal aliens) would be paying a consumption tax for all goods and services purchased. Check out www.fairtax.org for details.
Mr. Fixit

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 01:19:18 PM »

Fox,It's all to do with your future. Get the book by Neil Boortz and John Linder and read it.It will be the most important book you will read. 
gatorjohn

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 01:27:32 PM »

Well stated Mr. Fixit! The young people of this country stand to gain the most when it's passed.
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 02:20:56 PM »

When you say IRS the hair brisels on the back of my neck. Anything that would get rid of the IRS is a good thing ! Wink

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 03:41:23 PM »

What would happen to all these people with all these kids that don't work and sit back and wait on that child credit refund check at income tax time. That would be a funny site.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
gatorjohn

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 04:55:43 PM »

There would be no more refund checks, they would get a prebate check monthly based on the family size.
4fittyr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 05:49:47 PM »

im all 4 it   irs has been screwin me for the last 20 yrs, time to make changes or flat tax

if u can't be good be good at it
Mrs.Nightbreed
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 06:30:51 PM »

I don't know. My knowledge of this is limited, but it seems as if it would help the rich more than the average person. Until we opened the shop, we always got a return. Now we don't get as much of a return but don't have to pay in so its all good. I have a payroll company, so we do get small paychecks with taxes taken out. Makes life a lot easier at the end of the year.

Anyway, to get to the point. That would make a 23% sales tax added to our already 6.5% (Orange co.) So we would all be paying 1.30 for a 1.00 bottle of soda...In the big picture, I don't know if that would be financially any better than getting taxes taken out of my check. Think about a weeks worth of groceries: 100.00 would be 129.50. Multiply that by 52 weeks and everything else you buy. Will it really help?
xr100racer

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 09:49:04 PM »

taxes on my pay check suck but 29.5% sales tax is not cool
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 11:06:09 PM »

o ok. well im 16 so i havent payed t6axex yet cause i had no need to. never got money. anyway i guess it sounds good. anything that gets rid of the irs is good i guess. ill look into it.
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2006, 11:54:00 PM »

I don't know. My knowledge of this is limited, but it seems as if it would help the rich more than the average person. Until we opened the shop, we always got a return. Now we don't get as much of a return but don't have to pay in so its all good. I have a payroll company, so we do get small paychecks with taxes taken out. Makes life a lot easier at the end of the year.

Anyway, to get to the point. That would make a 23% sales tax added to our already 6.5% (Orange co.) So we would all be paying 1.30 for a 1.00 bottle of soda...In the big picture, I don't know if that would be financially any better than getting taxes taken out of my check. Think about a weeks worth of groceries: 100.00 would be 129.50. Multiply that by 52 weeks and everything else you buy. Will it really help?

The prebate takes care of that. Every family gets a "prebate". If you are a family of 4(2parents, 2children) your allowance is $26400, so you will get $6072/year(23%) as a prebate. you will only end up actually paying taxes if you purchase more than $26400 worth of goods.

http://fairtax.org/PDF/2006FairTaxPrebates.pdf

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
gatorjohn

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2006, 07:41:03 AM »

taxes on my pay check suck but 29.5% sales tax is not cool

They are actuallygoing to be around 23%. Someone is playing mathematical semantics with you. The difference is whether you concider the taxes inclusive or exclusive. Buy a $100 toaster under the new plan. $77 is for the retailer and $23 goes to the fed. 23% as an inclusive tax right? Now, figured exclusivly. Buy the toaster for $77 and add $23 in sales tax for a total of $100 and the sales tax rate would be 30% . In each case you pay exactly the same for the item and exactly the same tax, the only difference is how you figure the tax. Opponents of the fairtax would rather have you believe you're paying 30% instead of 23%.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2006, 08:36:22 AM »

you also need to take out the other things that get the toaster to the store that add "tax" to the price that we normally don't think of.

The manufacturer has to pay their suppliers tax on their supplies that don't neccessarily go into the final product, but the cost of taxes they pay does.

The shipper has to pay taxes on things that go down to even the boxes they package the toaster in,,,,then they pay tax on the fuel for the truck that they put the toaster on, someone paid tax on the tires that go on the truck, someone paid tax on the truck that the tires went on that the toaster went on,,,,on and on and on......

Now, some will say,,,OK, since the stores are getting the toasters cheaper now, why wouldn't they leave the price alone and reap bigger profits?  That I think will last a couple minutes at most because some stores will leave their profit margin the same and start undercutting their competition easily and then the capitolistic system takes over.

now, what was the original question? ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2006, 09:23:47 AM »

Also another great advantage is that the tax is ONLY on new items. If you buy a used car or used house, you don't have to pay taxes because the government has already collected their 23% of that item.

yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2006, 10:13:21 AM »

23% is not bad. Lets figure it out the way it is now.

They already get about 30% income tax on every penny I make. Then they get another 6 to 7% on every thing I buy. Then they take out all those other fees for me working like Social Security and medicare. Thats probably around 40 or 50% before I even get started with what I would like. I know someone will say something about Social Security and Medicaid but If I die at an early age then where does it go. Not to my family. The IRS keeps it and give it to the sorry people out there that does not work.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
Mr. Fixit

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2006, 11:30:49 AM »

When you get your paycheck there aren't any taxes taken out. You only pay on what you buy. Like Scub said if you buy somethng used no taxes are collected. That would have been great,when I got titles on the atv's I bought used I wouldn't of had to pay taxes on them. Mrs. Nightbreed you would like this system,now get back to work on my engine j/k lol.
Mr. Fixit

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2006, 11:36:50 AM »

If anyone has a chance listen to or call the Neil Boortz show. In Orlando it's on WDBO for 8am to 1pm or call 1-877-310-2100. He loves to talk about it. boortz.com is the web site. 
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2006, 12:32:20 PM »

who came up with fairtax?
Mr. Fixit

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2006, 12:38:36 PM »

I think it was Sen. John Linder of Ga.
Fox17
Supreme Member