Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: onf and hunters  (Read 2874 times)
johnyfz450

Why the long face?

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 19, 2006, 07:46:33 PM »

Went to onf today.Alot of hunters outthere (I'm not bitchin about hunters either)Kind of crazy flyin threw the forest and a atv passes with shotgun in hand.We stayed all day no problems!But wouldn't u think they would a a designated area?Stray bullet=not good
I think I'm going to what till it's over.When in the hell does huntin season end?
Just given some heads up if u were goin to go, still had a great time thou.Felt just a little freaky
Mars
Supreme Member

When I feel athletic, I go to a sports bar.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 10:11:31 PM »

Must of them are cool. We slow down going past them, most know when there in a ridding area. I have run into one "you cant ride here" dude. I reminded him he was in a riding/OHV area.
 Avoid early morning and late after noon rides on the south end, that's when most hunters are out. I make the kids were the orange safety vest durring hunting season just in case.

04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.
Hawgin4x4
Supreme Member

Whatcha know about them Bowties!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 10:22:42 PM »

defind the south end?

I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 11:09:26 AM »

huntin season ends in the end of january. only 2 months left.  Cry but yeah look out for them. i dont hunt in riding areas like ocala. i have seen a few atvs where i hunt but nothing like onf. they scare animals away.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 12:45:03 PM »

I'm not a hunter, but I have in the past and I have a lot of respect for them and their sport because we as ATVers can use the land year-round,,,,they have to PAY and only get to use it for a couple of months.

as said above, avoid the early morning and late afternoon rides and you should be OK.

The dog hunters are the only ones that worry me,,,they are better at hitting a moving target and hunt all day long.

I have lost count of how many times I have been riding and seen dirt kick up in front of me from a gunshot.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Mars
Supreme Member

When I feel athletic, I go to a sports bar.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 07:19:46 PM »

defind the south end?

South of SR40, closer to Big Scrub.

04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.
SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

Enough Bullsh*t... LETS RIDE!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 08:34:54 PM »

Definately be careful riding during hunting season. While most hunters are cool, some are far from it. Over the years we've seen them do different things to discourage/harm ATVers. 2 years ago I had roofing nails in my truck tires. I've seen the roofing nail trick a few times (in parking areas and in the trails), I've also seen wires/strings run across the trails (neck level), and of course plain out rudeness. I try to stick to the main known riding areas to avoid them (and let them have thier area... while running the deer their way, lol), but sometimes you can't always avoid it... just be aware of your surroundings (wear bright colors even, just so you know they see you) and be careful.

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

http://www.myspace.com/humrz28
johnyfz450

Why the long face?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 09:04:57 PM »

ya when we were there we past 2 dogs on an opening.Looked at my buddy we looked at each other and took off the other way.Seemed the more we went north wasn't that bad
LakelandQuadRnR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 05:20:53 PM »

I'm a hunter in ONF and we run dogs.  I was just saying this weekend that it was really nice that when the atv'rs came up on us they slowed down when passing.  I can't say the same for the dirt bikes.  Oh well.  I would recomend wearing and orange vest during hunting season.  $4 bucks at wal-mart could save you an extra hole.
dnigels

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 05:58:37 PM »

Thats a hole I can do without!  See ya in Feb.

'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext.cab
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 10:58:37 AM »

I've been there during hunting season.Even if you slow down, your still scaring away anything for miles.They've been there for hours waiting for something to come along so they can shoot it.If you scare it away, they might want to shoot something else.I'd say find somewhere else to ride.Give them their time to hunt.
  Not everyone likes to buy their meat... some like to do it the hard way and make it complicated for everyone.I still don't know how they call it hunting when there's houses only a couple of miles away!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com