Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT'S GONNA TAKE TO HAVE MEMBERS SHOW UP !!!!!!!!!  (Read 24033 times)
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2006, 04:57:46 PM »

me and banshee-nick are planning on going to the meeting and the ride the day before.I think they plan these in the middle of the week on purpose so the turn out is low.I bet if they had one on a saturday or even a friday they would be blown away by the number of riders  JMO

I will e-mail John Waldron and ask him if we can start having these meetings on weekends. 

dreth

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2006, 07:28:11 PM »

thrumud, what about having our own gathering on a weekend that the press would be aware of so the word could get out. this would be a peaceful and organized non riding gathering!
my idea is as follows:

say we, OHV enthusiest, were to find a central meeting place (polk county area) that would be big enough to park atleast 1000 families and their rigs. everyone prepare to have a cookout and hangout for the day. invite the press for some coverage, take a bunch of pics and interviews on a video camera so when you go to the next meeting you can have all of this for a record to show that we do care Wink plan this about 2 months in advance and advertise it on all the web sites.

that is my idea and it could be refined to be more effective Wink
450rcrazy

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2006, 07:37:58 PM »

I think that's a great idea dreth
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2006, 08:39:17 PM »

Dreth, this perhaps may be the most intelligent and brightest idea I have heard in a long time.

Why didn't I think of it  Huh

Let me pass this on to a few strong supportive members and see how we can pull this off. 

Great idea bud !

pywacket1955

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2006, 10:05:03 AM »

Would love to show my support, but unfortunately I'm a small business owner and can not take off.
But I want you to know that I'm with you 100%. Thanks for all of your hard work.

Mine: Camo 2010 Honda Rincon   
Son's: Yellow 2003 Honda, Foreman ES
Husband's:Yellow 2004 Honda, Foreman ES
dreth

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2006, 08:00:38 AM »

Dreth, this perhaps may be the most intelligent and brightest idea I have heard in a long time.

Let me pass this on to a few strong supportive members and see how we can pull this off. 

Great idea bud !

thinking of it is one thing, YOU pulling it off will be BRILLIANT Wink i will help in any way i can.

i also thought of a raffle of some sort, maybe some dealerships might want to get on board and set up displays like at a trade show with merchandise, and they could donate an item for the raffle. the more dealer particpation the better and the more places that open up to ride the more their sales will increase! i can probably get my local dealerships to participate with the proper notice.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 08:08:05 AM by Dreth » Logged
eldiablo64
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2006, 08:45:03 AM »

thats a good idea with the camcorder doin interviews.I was at croom yesterday11/11 and the plaace was packed.and I started thinkin about that if I would of had the camcorder i could of walked around and asked people a couple questions and got them on the cam .there were alot of people with young kids riding it would of been perfect.I will take the camcorder next time.

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com
Loven It
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2006, 09:16:50 AM »

Great idea bud !

thinking of it is one thing, YOU pulling it off will be BRILLIANT Wink i will help in any way i can.

i also thought of a raffle of some sort, maybe some dealerships might want to get on board and set up displays like at a trade show with merchandise, and they could donate an item for the raffle. the more dealer particpation the better and the more places that open up to ride the more their sales will increase! i can probably get my local dealerships to participate with the proper notice.

I think this is a great idea!!! I will do whatever I can to help out too! This could turn out to be a pretty big event. I like the idea of a Central Location (polk) works for me....Keep us posted on the status of this. If we want to do it big we will probably need some time to get this underway.

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
dreth

« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2006, 03:13:22 PM »

we need something like a fair ground or a sporting complex  to accomadate all the vehicles
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2006, 03:58:38 PM »

we need something like a fair ground or a sporting complex  to accomadate all the vehicles

Can anyone in Polk County help us find a location to accomadate a large crowd ? 

1FasterBlaster

« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2006, 02:13:45 AM »

I'm all for it.I'm gonna let all my friends know to try and show up in Naples.Of course, a weekend would bring more riders.Maybe somone should make some flyers of our own and we could hand them out at Croom and other riding area's.
dreth

« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2006, 06:52:02 AM »

any progress
Loven It
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2006, 08:35:28 AM »

any progress

Should we start a poll to see what the best location is? Or are we all ok with Polk County?

Once we get the right county - we can start searching the location. It could be fun to try this for New Years (if we have enough time) and make it a weekend party.

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2006, 08:41:43 AM »

Did someone say Party! Now we are talkin. I need the time off as well. I can't take off from work during the week. This new Idea is taking shape and I will be there as well.

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
Loven It
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2006, 09:14:52 AM »

Did someone say Party! Now we are talkin. I need the time off as well. I can't take off from work during the week. This new Idea is taking shape and I will be there as well.

I really think New Years weekend would work for a lot of people (just my opinion) since a lot of companies are closed. What do you guys think. As soon as everyone agrees to a County I will start looking for spots  Smiley

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2006, 11:02:46 AM »

I think Polk County would be the best since it is in the middle of the state and they are talking about an OHV park. I can try to find some locations in Winter Haven, I live here and know people. I am thinking the fair grounds would be big enough if we can get plenty of people here. Just let me know and I will find out what we need to use that area. It is right on a main road through town just off of US 17. I think we will be better off to plan one every other month in different counties so they all can see that we are serious. 

SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

Enough Bullsh*t... LETS RIDE!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2006, 11:46:31 AM »

I think Polk County would be the best since it is in the middle of the state and they are talking about an OHV park. I can try to find some locations in Winter Haven, I live here and know people. I am thinking the fair grounds would be big enough if we can get plenty of people here. Just let me know and I will find out what we need to use that area. It is right on a main road through town just off of US 17. I think we will be better off to plan one every other month in different counties so they all can see that we are serious. 

I like that idea! That would give people who can't travel and opprotunity to show up as well. We need to give flyers to the local dealerships and shops as well. We need to involve the entire community, not just the members of this site... the more people the better and the easiest way to get the word out in my opinion would be through all the local shops and organizations, then the owners can even pass the word through thier clients Smiley

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

http://www.myspace.com/humrz28
450rcrazy

« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2006, 05:51:26 PM »

I am fine with polk but unfortunatly will be in GA. for the week from Christmas thru New Years and some other people might be on vacation as well?
450rcrazy

« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2006, 05:52:36 PM »

I just had an Idea! south beach on spring break weekend . Evil
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2006, 10:37:37 PM »

Creative !   Good answer  Clapper

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2006, 11:12:08 PM »

maybe pay people to come.  Huh there aint nothin else workin. any meetings in brevard? i dont really like travelling 3 hours to go to a boaring meeting. try brevard.
dreth

« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2006, 07:18:13 AM »

maybe pay people to come.  Huh there aint nothin else workin. any meetings in brevard? i dont really like travelling 3 hours to go to a boaring meeting. try brevard.

the boring meeting you are speaking of might make history in the state of florida to secure more riding spots. i could understand the negativity if it was a weekday but to be apart of this will require a better attitude.
dreth

« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2006, 07:21:29 AM »

i will pay you a batch of cookies to see what it will take for us to secure the fairground area for a saturday or sunday or the weekend Wink i think that new years is to soon and people will be broke from christmas so i would say around feb. or march
Loven It
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2006, 08:28:35 AM »

Maybe try to add something positive - have you noticed there are no OTHER negative comments! For a change several people are offering different suggestions and are really interested. This is not going to be a boring meeting - it is getting as many RIDERS together in one spot to fight for what we want more riding areas.

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2006, 09:17:29 AM »

i will pay you a batch of cookies to see what it will take for us to secure the fairground area for a saturday or sunday or the weekend Wink i think that new years is to soon and people will be broke from christmas so i would say around feb. or march
Good thing I didnt post this until now or I wouldnt have gotten my cookie offer. I am calling the guy today who is incharge of the fair grounds. I will find out when the fair is so we dont schedule the same weekend because we would be out of a venue. I would like the chocolate chip please Grin

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com