Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring group ride  (Read 10535 times)
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2006, 09:57:57 PM »

Thank you all for your understanding!!!! I thought that asking and trying to explain the situation would actually work. I dont even ride there and havent in over a year, because I was wanting to let things cool down. Eworm I have heard from others that have rode with you that you are a cool guy, but after reading your post I have to question thier judgement. You mention that you ride RR, do you own property there or are you a guest? Everyone that owns property asked that no post were made in an open forum to keep everyone from finding out about RR and ruining it for all RRPOA members. Double standards?? Sounds like it to me. I do hope you are not planning a group ride of 42 there because that would be disrespectfull to the people that live out there and give them one more reason to hate ATVers. Do what you want it will make no difference to me as I have places to ride, but you may ruin it for the ones that do not. Oh and by the way..I have a life, a very successful one built by respecting  others, perhaps you should consider your own advice. Happy trails,

Swamp

I apologize if you felt disrespected. I did not mean to direct any comment at anyone specific. It just pisses me off when someone tries to tell me where I can or can't ride and that's what it sounded like you were doing. I rode this area about 4 years ago for the first time and been back a couple of times afterwards. It is really not that big a deal. However, if others want to enjoy it then by all means, go right ahead. Just do it safely and clean your chit when you leave. If the man wants to run you out then what's to say more or less people, riding the area, will make a difference?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 06:48:54 PM by Eworm » Logged
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2006, 08:50:51 AM »

clean ou yor box...its full Wink
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2006, 11:16:59 AM »

Damn, done!  Thumbs Up
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2006, 11:52:28 AM »

Damn, done!  Thumbs Up

Says its still full??
miamigirlrider

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2006, 02:54:25 PM »

Thank you all for your understanding!!!! I thought that asking and trying to explain the situation would actually work. I dont even ride there and havent in over a year, because I was wanting to let things cool down. Eworm I have heard from others that have rode with you that you are a cool guy, but after reading your post I have to question thier judgement. You mention that you ride RR, do you own property there or are you a guest? Everyone that owns property asked that no post were made in an open forum to keep everyone from finding out about RR and ruining it for all RRPOA members. Double standards?? Sounds like it to me. I do hope you are not planning a group ride of 42 there because that would be disrespectfull to the people that live out there and give them one more reason to hate ATVers. Do what you want it will make no difference to me as I have places to ride, but you may ruin it for the ones that do not. Oh and by the way..I have a life, a very successful one built by respecting  others, perhaps you should consider your own advice. Happy trails,

Swamp

Here we go again.... PEOPLE COMPLAINING AND NOT DOING A DAMN THING!!! And why do I say this?HuhHuh

Do ANY OF YOU know your COUNTY had just gotten EXEMPT from the new law 2 weeks before we went to ride there?Huh No right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Locals do not even know that! Again, Do you own the property? Do you have it fenced in with no tresspassing signs with the Florida Statute on it? I THOUGHT NOT, so what gives you the right to say who can and who cannot ride there? Its like me saying stay away from Ocala National Forest because its my secret hideaway with my crew.

Be happy we are such good respectful people that we worked with your Law Enforcement in determining a good spot for us to park and ride and picked up after our trash.

Instead of wishing and hoping for this spot to remain for you and your kids, make a change, attend your meetings and drive your Commissioners crazy to asign your County a safe and legal riding area and taking a few courtesy courses will help too.

As for Eworm many of you wish you were as dedicated to this sport as he is and his family. So please speak for what you know to be factual.

NOW BUY SOME LAND, FENCE IT and then TELL ME WHERE AND WHERE NOT TO RIDE!

Gracias.....

miamigirlrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2006, 03:33:55 PM »

Swamp

Here we go again.... PEOPLE COMPLAINING AND NOT DOING A DAMN THING!!! And why do I say this?HuhHuh

Do ANY OF YOU know your COUNTY had just gotten EXEMPT from the new law 2 weeks before we went to ride there?Huh No right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Locals do not even know that! Again, Do you own the property? Do you have it fenced in with no tresspassing signs with the Florida Statute on it? I THOUGHT NOT, so what gives you the right to say who can and who cannot ride there? Its like me saying stay away from Ocala National Forest because its my secret hideaway with my crew.

Be happy we are such good respectful people that we worked with your Law Enforcement in determining a good spot for us to park and ride and picked up after our trash.

Instead of wishing and hoping for this spot to remain for you and your kids, make a change, attend your meetings and drive your Commissioners crazy to asign your County a safe and legal riding area and taking a few courtesy courses will help too.

As for Eworm many of you wish you were as dedicated to this sport as he is and his family. So please speak for what you know to be factual.

NOW BUY SOME LAND, FENCE IT and then TELL ME WHERE AND WHERE NOT TO RIDE!

Gracias.....

Let me ask you a question since you are on your soapbox telling everyone else how much you do. Where do have to ride in Miami? As I recall most of your riding spots have been closed down. Up here in central florida we still have areas that are open. They arent illegal yet but could be if we have a influx of people showing up to them. Please respect the mans simple request. This isnt like telling you to stay out of Ocala, because Ocala is a national forest that is allows ATV use. The areas you were riding will be shut down shortly, and the folks that live there would like to enjoy them for aslong as possible.

Also dont attack someone unless you know for a fact they havent done anything. So what if the county is exepmt from the new law. All that allows is to ride on unpaved roads. I dont know about you but I would rather be on trails. My county is exempt from the new law but we have very few dirt roads that would be worth riding on. My county is also working on opening up an OHV park. I am sorry your local politicians are blowing smoke up your a$$, but dont take that out on us.

Please quit jumpin of everyones a$$ that doesnt show up, some of us cannot take off work for these meetings. We email, call and do what we can to help out. Just because we dont post doesnt mean nothing is happening.

Have a nice day

Soap Box? Really, buddy I have never said how much I do? this is not for me, I also have a GOVERNMENT job that I cannot take off and am married with 2 kids but I do this for my kids, there right to ride, my right to ride what I paid 40k for, the right of all riders in Miami. You are taking everything out of complex, again go back and read everything! I never pointed out one single person and I could have because the way one of your members treated us and set us up in Sebring was not cool.

Again, its easy to act like a bad ass behind a computer and as a matter of fact we have "Holey Land", Bird Rd, Homestead Race track and Krome, so come down and ride. You can sure you will not get treated or set up the way we were.

In addition with all respect, I was not the one that ran immediatetly on Monday and posted all this crap about us riding. You have your opinion and I have mind. I respect it and so should all of you.

ALL I AM SAYING IS:

#1 Its not your property so you cannot keep me from riding there even if you treat us like crap.
#2 Instead of coming on here and complain help us by telling them to find us a legal riding area so we dont show up at your place.

I said this very respectful, look at my first post but now its really ridiculous. Theres more post about this than about helping Rick and Dennis.

Again, sorry if you are offending but I never took a direct hit like you have just done.

miamigirlrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2006, 03:46:14 PM »

Sorry BigScrub I do not agree with you!

#1 Sebring is exempt already! Therefore any riding for local or not is illegal!
#2 I would never ask a group to not come and ride in my neck of the woods and treat them like ass so I can have a 1 mile area all to myself!

What happened to sportmanship? What happen about sharing experiences, rides and locations on atv websites? Is it all now hush hush?

As for us losing our areas here well you can blame it on being friendly and growing in numbers. I lost Krome Avenue because I would invite the world for rides. I had a ride from my house with over 50 members. Grant it we lost the area but do I make other riders suffer? No I take it to goverment levels and push for a legal and safe riding area, and at least we can now ride there during the day, LEGALLY!

Why because we are active! Its really sad to see the way we were treated by some of you. How would you like it if Ocala locals or Miami locals would treat you that way.

Be lucky, your spot is not worth the ticket or I would personally make flyers to go ride at your spot!
First off I know you do tons of work for the sport. It is not illegal to ride ATV's, the new law is simply for riding on unpaved roads, so that point is useless. No one treated you like an ass, you just got all bent out of shape because a post was made about it. Had this guy known yall were from the site and respectable riders he probably wouldnt have even posted anything. Its not his fault you were so easily offended. Also Swampdonkey asked that yall please stay away, why is this upsetting you so much. Swampdonkey is a good man who helps people out. The problem, as with everything else in life, is moderation. 40 or 50 people showing up to a local spot in a big group pisses people off. Why cant you just say no problem, then PM Swampdonkey or one of the other guys and I am sure they would be happy to show you and a few around. Bringing 40 people to hte local spot is not cool though.

Bigscrub79, it is illegal to ride in Sebring, the entire county was opt of the new law, therefore riding atv even on unpaved road is illegal. As for being treated like an ass, please don't talk unless you were there, the first one to come up to us telling us to leave was one of your members that would not give his name until the end, HE RIDES AN ATV JUST LIKE MINE (guess who??) He was even the one that called the cops on us after he even told us were to park, setting up the ducks, NICE SPORTMANSHIP! As for 40 or 50 people, come on stop exagerating but if you want 40 or 50 people I am the one to make it happen.  The reason I can't say, thanks no problem because I am in the United States and I have the right to take my kids out to RIDE WERE THE HELL I WANT!

1FasterBlaster

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2006, 11:59:01 PM »

I can't believe you guys are all suppose to be members of this same site.Argueing over riding area's will do you no good.We need to organize at the protest and fight someone else for these riding area's.No disrespect to your so called area; but, if I find somewhere that's suppose to be a good riding spot, I'm gonna wanna go there also.
  There's a post for the protest on the 29th.Come and fight for our riding area's.Or, fight off other people wanting to ride where they can; along with people trying to keep you from messing up there riding spot!!
  They succeed by turning us on each other...focus on the real dilemna!!
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2006, 09:16:55 AM »

Sorry BigScrub I do not agree with you!

#1 Sebring is exempt already! Therefore any riding for local or not is illegal!
#2 I would never ask a group to not come and ride in my neck of the woods and treat them like ass so I can have a 1 mile area all to myself!

What happened to sportmanship? What happen about sharing experiences, rides and locations on atv websites? Is it all now hush hush?

As for us losing our areas here well you can blame it on being friendly and growing in numbers. I lost Krome Avenue because I would invite the world for rides. I had a ride from my house with over 50 members. Grant it we lost the area but do I make other riders suffer? No I take it to goverment levels and push for a legal and safe riding area, and at least we can now ride there during the day, LEGALLY!

Why because we are active! Its really sad to see the way we were treated by some of you. How would you like it if Ocala locals or Miami locals would treat you that way.

Be lucky, your spot is not worth the ticket or I would personally make flyers to go ride at your spot!
First off I know you do tons of work for the sport. It is not illegal to ride ATV's, the new law is simply for riding on unpaved roads, so that point is useless. No one treated you like an ass, you just got all bent out of shape because a post was made about it. Had this guy known yall were from the site and respectable riders he probably wouldnt have even posted anything. Its not his fault you were so easily offended. Also Swampdonkey asked that yall please stay away, why is this upsetting you so much. Swampdonkey is a good man who helps people out. The problem, as with everything else in life, is moderation. 40 or 50 people showing up to a local spot in a big group pisses people off. Why cant you just say no problem, then PM Swampdonkey or one of the other guys and I am sure they would be happy to show you and a few around. Bringing 40 people to hte local spot is not cool though.

Bigscrub79, it is illegal to ride in Sebring, the entire county was opt of the new law, therefore riding atv even on unpaved road is illegal. As for being treated like an ass, please don't talk unless you were there, the first one to come up to us telling us to leave was one of your members that would not give his name until the end, HE RIDES AN ATV JUST LIKE MINE (guess who??) He was even the one that called the cops on us after he even told us were to park, setting up the ducks, NICE SPORTMANSHIP! As for 40 or 50 people, come on stop exagerating but if you want 40 or 50 people I am the one to make it happen.  The reason I can't say, thanks no problem because I am in the United States and I have the right to take my kids out to RIDE WERE THE HELL I WANT!

Wow you really have a great way of looking @ things....Very mature!!!  No one said do not ride there, you were only asked not to organize a GROUP RIDE  ON A PUBLIC FORUM  about this spot...more out of respect of the homeowners and residents who are FED UP with the abuse atvers bring!!! As I posted... I dont even ride there myself. I also would like to know how you know it was the person you claim that called the cops? Talk about personal attacks!!! Just because you live in the United States does not give you the right to be direspectful to its other residents and riding in that area is doing just that. You claim to be fighting for our cause, but yet you will ride in a place where riding will only cause more grief for atvers in this area...oh but you dont care about that. Open you eyes and ears and loose the attitude.

Swamp
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2006, 09:46:44 AM »

dang, this is getting good! Hold on, I want to make some popcorn.

OK......Let the Jerry Springer show begin.  Pirate

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2006, 10:22:02 PM »

Dont Choke on the popcorn Ricky Wink Have a Great Gobbler day brother.
dnigels

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2006, 09:30:49 AM »

Divide and conquer!  You all keep at it (against each other) they (tree-huggers, bureaucrats) win!

'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext.cab
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2006, 10:33:45 AM »

Divide and conquer!  You all keep at it (against each other) they (tree-huggers, bureaucrats) win!

Clapper Bow Clapper Hug Bow agreed 100% !!!!
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2006, 03:35:25 PM »

Dont Choke on the popcorn Ricky Wink Have a Great Gobbler day brother.

Thank brother!  same here Wink

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2006, 11:43:59 PM »

I'm up for a ride.Anyone know a good place, contact me.Fight the ones taking our sport...not each other!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com