Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QUAD SCRAMBLE #3 MYAKKA CITY- SUGARBOWL!  (Read 40766 times)
smokin_zilla

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2006, 09:03:28 PM »

Looking forward to trying my first  race on Saturday. Smiley

lt500&z400&yfz450
FTRRACER8

F4 Racing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2006, 09:56:30 PM »

Looking forward to trying my first  race on Saturday. Smiley
COOL!!!!
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2006, 05:32:32 AM »

Allright zilla!
How did you hear about the event? Was it from this site? Or this thread? A friend?

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
RAD 450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2006, 04:23:34 PM »

Im so siked!

XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2006, 04:33:23 PM »

Allright zilla!
How did you hear about the event? Was it from this site? Or this thread? A friend?
He is my brother. I have been trying to get him to try a race ever since my first race. This one is close to home and he is going to give it a shot. I told him that you either love it or hate it. I hope he likes it so that I have someone to ride to the races with in the future. This will be my 7th race, 3rd this year. Lets race.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2006, 09:04:42 PM »

Oh, hey chillin', Cool.
We will be doing ourselves a huge favor by bringing at least one friend (or relative) to join in the fun. If everyone did that the clubs would stand up and make it happen.
If anyone wants to actually make one of these events happen, pm me and I can help you help the sport.
Here is a link to see some pictures.
http://ftrgallery.us/gallery/Myakka_Quads
I'm telling you if making one of these events wasn't fun there would be no events. It starts by joing a local club. It isn't hard or anything. You don't have to pay crazy dues. You don't have to do some weird chant. You have your meetings at the races. You discuss what, when, and how you all are going to make your race. Then you meet at the property established and divide the milage up and go to work. So that in itself is a challange to make the best sections. This takes several weekends and whenever you can. Theres way more to it you can get involved with.
Something to think about when you are at home wishing you were riding. I joined this club after having hardly anywhere to ride. I figured I'd be a part of something bigger and more organized to help maintain riding rights. Joining the largest off-road club in the state just seemed like a no brainer. Then you join AMA. The nations watchdog for you and your machine. With all that came these races. Joy! After my first one, I heard angels singing and began to puke. I was hooked. This is fun Always seems whenever I ride with anyone it always turned into a race anyway.  Grin
See everybody Saturday!!

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2006, 11:38:03 PM »

Brian, words like that get my adrenaline pumping.. I cant wait to ride this weekend!!

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2006, 09:07:42 AM »

It was a beautiful day, great weather and awsome turnout. I finished 4th in B-open, my son won pee wee B, and my brother got second in his class. No broken parts or crashes so we had a great day.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
jujulo700R

When my clutch pops, my front wheels will hop!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2006, 10:16:14 AM »

It was a beautiful day, great weather and awsome turnout. I finished 4th in B-open, my son won pee wee B, and my brother got second in his class. No broken parts or crashes so we had a great day.

Couldn't agree more. My first race ever and I finished 12th in the C-open. Ate a little too much dust this race and now my throat is paying for it, not to mention I am feeling a little tight today and I have got blisters on my hands the size of grapes! All in all I had a great time. I can't wait for the next race because I know I can do even better the next time because now I know what to expect. One of the main things I discovered doing this race is, try your best to get the holeshot! Happy racing everyone. 

Just a little fast and just a little furious.
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2006, 11:31:36 AM »

I also would agree about the race it was GREAT. The track was awesome and I have never been on a nicer piece of property. It was also great for spectaters.

I want to apologize to whomever I slammed into in the first turn. I was second off the line and in the first turn whoever I hit was just outside of the fence post. I tried to go to the inside. I hit my front brakes and there was nothing there. I slammed into whoever it was and our quads got locked together. It took 4 people to pull them a part. After that I was like great, now I'm in last and have to run everyone down. Somehow I managed to take second.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
RAD 450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2006, 04:26:09 PM »

I also would agree about the race it was GREAT. The track was awesome and I have never been on a nicer piece of property. It was also great for spectaters.

I want to apologize to whomever I slammed into in the first turn. I was second off the line and in the first turn whoever I hit was just outside of the fence post. I tried to go to the inside. I hit my front brakes and there was nothing there. I slammed into whoever it was and our quads got locked together. It took 4 people to pull them a part. After that I was like great, now I'm in last and have to run everyone down. Somehow I managed to take second.

Yeah i watched the holeshots for the 3:30 races, I saw your mishap, but thats really good to hear that you got second, Now thats a good racer!

XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2006, 06:17:53 PM »

I sure was a great race !!! nice turn out, the numbers are growing after every race, 200 riders this weekend, we have to get more and more riders and make this even bigger.

No more races for the rest of the year, it will give us some time to get ready for next year!

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
cubnfrank

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2006, 07:05:46 PM »

A big thanks the Sarasota club that set up the course. It was great! All I can say is only one quad per narrow bridge. Grin Thanks to the spectators that pulled me from the water. It was so dusty by the time I saw the bridge it was to late.  Huh

FTR #40 Retired
Polaris Sportsman 570 4x4
Honda TRX 450r
Suzuki Z400
Yamaha Banshee
Honda TRX 250
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2006, 08:16:14 PM »

You plowed into the back of Willis Pledger. You only get a piece of wood if you win. Not worth riding beyond your abilities for. I believe it broke his carrier and knocked him out of the race.

That was an awesome course! As soon as I figure out how to get the helmet cam video on the net, I will post it.
Somebody else plowed into the back of Mike Taylor while he was stopped on the side of a wide open field. Knocked Mike right off his quad and messed him up a bit. He is worried about the guy who hit him as he was lying on the ground for 10 minutes in pain.

Luis said it, 200 entries! Jan 27th is the next one. It will be at the same property, but all new trail.
I hope to see you all at the next one and bring a friend!

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2006, 08:17:44 PM »

Here is the 1:30 C 0-400 start

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
jujulo700R

When my clutch pops, my front wheels will hop!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2006, 08:43:40 PM »

That was an awesome course! As soon as I figure out how to get the helmet cam video on the net, I will post it.

Great! Let us know when you do. I have been telling my friends about it all day and now I think I have two more guys coming to the next one. Look out for #23c-open because I am going for the gusto and leaving it all on the course!!!   

Just a little fast and just a little furious.
k-town quad boy #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2006, 08:51:52 PM »

i went out there to check it out when is the next one out there and can you ride out there when there isnt an event going on?

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2006, 08:58:12 PM »

You plowed into the back of Willis Pledger. You only get a piece of wood if you win. Not worth riding beyond your abilities for. I believe it broke his carrier and knocked him out of the race.

Did you see the part that said I had no brakes!

TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2006, 09:05:39 PM »

Yeah i watched the holeshots for the 3:30 races, I saw your mishap, but thats really good to hear that you got second, Now thats a good racer!

Thanks

RAD 450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2006, 09:07:49 PM »

The track was awesome, some really nice parts where you could really open it up, Especailly where the dry lake bed/Muddy sawgrass was towards the back, I know I was flying, the bridges were cool too.  Looking forward to the next one, All new trails, I think it will be tough to top those off.

XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2006, 10:52:42 PM »

Yeah, I did read where you said you had no brakes. Did you lose your brakes in the first turn or did you line up with a faulty ride? And I'm not ragging on you or anything. Don't take it the wrong way. S happens in racing for sure, but you have to wonder why no brakes into the first turn to take out a fellow racer? BE CAREFUL WE ALL HAVE TO GO TO WORK COME MONDAY  Grin  Just don't want anyone hurt for some stupid trophy. Including you TRX450. Just want us all to be able to come back. If you knowingly have a faulty ride, you should not run or at least not all out.  Nerd
You guys at 1:30, I am loading the videos of the first turn now. The helmet cam is going to be a while, sorry.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2006, 08:42:11 AM »

1:30
row1

row2

row3

row4

row5

row6

row7

row8

3:30 class I raced so the only start taken on my camera was the Vet class.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
paul450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2006, 08:00:04 PM »

those water crossings where nice to cool off in.. any one seen pics of the race or scores?
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2006, 08:05:34 PM »

I just check and aren't up yet  Sad

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
paul450

View Profile