Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QUAD SCRAMBLE #3 MYAKKA CITY- SUGARBOWL!  (Read 40763 times)
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2006, 12:09:07 PM »

Ryan, send your pipe back for a refund and get some suspension and steering stabilizer. There is NO exhaust pipe in the world that will help you after an hour of wide open.  Nerd

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
Ryan561

Dont even try to keep up!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2006, 11:18:03 AM »

how much is it for a good stabelizer?

2005 trx 400ex       Pro Armor bumper
yoshi RS-3             Pro Armor killswich
jetted                   DG nerfs
K&N filter

2006 KX 250F
Its got everything
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2006, 11:45:00 AM »

A basic stick style stabilizer is $130 to $160. A top of the line one is $450 and up.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
FTRRACER8

F4 Racing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2006, 03:02:23 PM »

Hey Everyone,

I just want you all to know that my family and I are members of SADRA, the club that is putting on the next QS in Myakka.   As we speak, the trail is being reclaimed, and while y'all are stuffin' your bellies with Turkey and all the trimmings we'll be out at the property bustin' butt to make sure that the track is in the best of shape!!  We intend to re-route whatever we have to, and both of the afternoon classes will be running the "Sunday" course as well as the general track that was run for the HS (with necessary modifications of course).  So there will be new stuff, I promise!!   Wink  If you are a seasoned racer, or you want to come out and try it for the first time, DO IT!!! You won't be sorry!!!  There will be pretty cool t-shirts too!!! 
See Y'all there!!!!
chuck9b

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2006, 05:16:47 PM »

thanx for all the hard work you guys put into these tracks. I ran the course on sat. and it was bad to the bone, I like going through the fields wide open in fifth gear. Cant wait till we come back in two weeks. I am having so much fun meeting alot of you!
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2006, 06:00:55 PM »

Chuck, you were flying on Sat. good job, it was a nice track, tight woods, water, bridges, and some fast areas, can't wait for the QS, good job, and great job Amanda, taking all those guys out of the mud, now this is a hard working woman !!!

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
chuck9b

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2006, 07:11:51 PM »

Hey Luis, thank you I tell you what I followed chris #44 for about 3 and a half laps until I went over the handle bars at that simple white sand jump hee hee! It just caught my rear tires and bounced me over O well But I learned alot by racing with him. This is the guy that has been kicking our butts. He is so smooth with very few mistakes.
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2006, 11:54:57 PM »

I want to say sorry to Amanda if I sprayed her with mud while she was pulling the quad out of the creek..

I came up to the crossing and there was about 6 quads sitting there, none in my class one guy looked at me and said "try it if you want" I thought to myself... im not going to sit here, I have to catch someone!

Anyways, I went and it was a bit off camber and almost got stuck and I think I may have roosted Amanda.

I pulled the holeshot down the straight, but the guy on the LTR just powered passed me.. I couldnt believe it.

Anyways, I was in second for about half a lap then got my tire caught on a tree.. I was so dissapointed. I never caught back up with anyone except one person putting me in 7th, where I stayed untill the race was over.

I came through second lap and saw I was 24 seconds behind the person in front of me.. then I came through and it said 55 seconds.. I have no idea how that happened, but I was pulled off which was not cool because anything could have happend in that minute.

I guess I was just used to running the two hours and wondering why I was getting pulled.

That track was awesome though!

See everyone at the QS dec 2nd!!

Fred 823B

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
Albright335

GEICO Powersports

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2006, 07:45:59 AM »

The track was blast!!

I got stuck in that same spot Fred...I went for it - lol!! It cost me lots of time...I think I was in 6th then so you were not crazy far behind. Once I got out I knew I had to try to make up the time I had lost!! I got to do a fourth lap but missed the cut off time at the end  Undecided Oh well...it was an extra lap and extra seat time!

SO looking forward to the QS  Wink

See everyone there!!

Jen

Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS
FTRRACER8

F4 Racing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2006, 07:48:54 AM »

That's ok Fred,
Originally I was pulling people out with a tow strap, but when our Quads get that suction effect, it was more than my little strap could take- it snapped.  Well, the next best thing was to do it by hand.  Yeah, I was pretty muddy, and trust me, you weren't the first to roost me, and certainly not the last!!! It was so much fun!!! Grin
FTRRACER8

F4 Racing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2006, 07:49:56 AM »

Get back to work Jen!!!! Wink
Ryan561

Dont even try to keep up!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2006, 12:02:40 PM »

sounds rough!

2005 trx 400ex       Pro Armor bumper
yoshi RS-3             Pro Armor killswich
jetted                   DG nerfs
K&N filter

2006 KX 250F
Its got everything
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2006, 07:17:54 PM »

Man, I hate that I missed it. I was loading everything up Fri. afternoon and giving my bike a final checkup when I discovered my lower ball joints were wore slap out. I just put the A-arms on in July, doesnt seem like they should be wore out already.  New ones are on there way and I'll definately be at the QS.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
kenz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2006, 11:15:51 AM »

Yeah, thanks to everybody for all the hard work they put into setting up the course and all the other things that go on to get an event like that together.  It was a blast.  I can't wait to see what they come up with for the QS on the Dec 2nd.

2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2006, 09:09:25 AM »

Everyone recouped from Thanksgiving?
Who is getting ready for next weeked?
 Wink

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
kenz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2006, 12:19:32 PM »

Getting new front tires and wheels, they're supposed to be here Wed.  Spent Friday and some of yesterday cleaning and looking for loose bolts and stuff. Ready to tear it up on Saturday.  If the course is anything like the Hare Scarmble was it is going to be fun, fun, fun.

See ya'll there!!

2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders
dmdunick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2006, 08:52:01 PM »

Here's an update from the FTR Prez Randy Faul on what we have to look forward to this weekend:

"As promised, the latest on our quad event.
Those of you that rode the benefit race know how much fun the track was, so in keeping the fun factor job #1, we have laid out some really nice trail for you guys. The mileage is about 7.5, which consist of a bunch of new woods trail, fresh/virgin areas that we didn't use at the benefit. We also found a brand new piece that we just worked today that was hidden, it's sweet.We added some really neat hill climbs that our lady quad rider found and a new bridge that eliminates any water crossings, that means the water crossing before the finish is gone.We had to use some of the old trail to connect to the new stuff, but, the landowner has completely graded almost 80% of the trail we are using, so no whoops or chop.It will be on the fast side overall, but it will bring a smile to your face. Plenty of areas to air it out and pass with no bottle necks.
The cook house will be open Friday evening/night for those who need their services, with burgers, dogs, fries, drinks, strawberry shortcake to tie you over until Saturday when they fix the big meals . They will also have breakfast with bisquits and gravy, eggs, bacon, grits, ect. Coffee, tea, and sodas.
Just a couple things for the weekend.
The benefit event was on their best behavior and has really impressed the landowner, so lets follow in the footsteps already made by keeping our pits litter free. We were unable to obtain a dumpster, so please be prepaired to take your trash with you.
As the forecast calls for some rain Friday, it will be a blessing because right now it is on the dry side, so we need the rain. We already anticipated getting some rain so we laid the course out with that in mind, we should not have no mud holes or swamps.   
We will also have T-shirts available with kids and lady sizes.
Gates open at 4:00 pm Friday with food being served until 10:00.
This will also probably be the best quad scramble you will go to, please come and enjoy it."

Y'all come on out and support the Quad Scrambles series, it's gonna be a blast!

YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2006, 09:35:12 PM »

It is looking great, can't wait  Approve

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
RAD 450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2006, 09:39:03 PM »

Sounds good, Does anybody know how far and long of a drive this would be from Southeast florida?

XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L
FTRRACER8

F4 Racing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2006, 09:47:08 PM »

For all of you that were at the HS in Myakka....

The big water crossing is gone, the 2 crossings that we went through in the back section are still there, the front water crossing between the start and the gas stop is still there, but all three of those crossings have filled in some with sand.  The one that Fred was talking about where some quads got stuck where I was at filled in some when the landowner graded out the field.  As Randy said, we were able to bypass quite a bit, but with only one weekend, there were some places we had to reuse.  You guys won't be disappointed, I promise!!!  See you there!!!
450rcrazy

« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2006, 10:00:34 PM »

do they have any classes for a low experianced rider who is on the rather large side?
dmdunick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2006, 10:08:28 PM »

RAD 700R: You should be able to make it in 3-3.5 hours from Broward, depending on which way you go.

450R: You could ride the Beginner 2 class, for riders with little or no Scrambles experience. Check out the FTR website for info about number plate colors/letters, you'll also need a tether.
chuck9b

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2006, 04:17:28 PM »

can we have all the quad scrambles here ha ha!!! It is going to be awsome.
FTRRACER8

F4 Racing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2006, 03:18:38 PM »

do they have any classes for a low experianced rider who is on the rather large side?
There is a Beginner 0-400cc class, and a Beginner class for 401cc's and up.  It's a BLAST!!!
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2006, 09:02:19 PM »

I will be there if my bike stops leaking oil.

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com